Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's just me...(Another Obama thread)

How can anyone vote for this guy.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

Re: Maybe it's just me...(Another Obama thread)

As badly as Bush ****ed us all over, anyone would be an improvement.

This is America my friend, we have to right to vote for whoever we choose is right.

To judge a man's performance on his name, and name alone is ludacris.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
      As badly as Bush ****ed us all over, anyone would be an improvement.

This is America my friend, we have to right to vote for whoever we choose is right.

To judge a man's performance on his name, and name alone is ludacris.
      I see you did not watch more then 45 seconds of it. Why not go back and listen to his own words "my friend". It has nothing to do with Bush. In case you havent heard...BUSH IS NOT RUNNING. Go back and watch the rest.

Comment

I know Bush is not running, and I know that video has nothing to do with Bush.

I was just saying, Bush ****ed us over so badly, ANYBODY will be an improvement over him.

Take a chill pill.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

i watched, and i agree, but i also think nomatter who goes in we all are royaly f####d.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            I know Bush is not running, and I know that video has nothing to do with Bush.

I was just saying, Bush ****ed us over so badly, ANYBODY will be an improvement over him.

Take a chill pill.
            Sorry but I can't agree with you. I guess you were too young to remember the days of Jimmy Carter and 18% mortgage rates. Again its nothing to do with Bush, his name, being black or anything but what a man aspiring to be president of the most powerful nation believes.

Comment

I'm for McCain, have been since before he announced he was running.

His stand against the tobacco industry was all it took for me to at least have some degree of faith in him.

In conversation, the most common response I get from those planning to vote for Obama is "He's a black man, this country needs a change and maybe a black mans view will change us for the better."

OK, I'm perfectly fine with a black mans view, specifically a view that see's things from our point of view.
              I definitely like his idea's, not because he's black, white....or purple.
              I might vote for him next time around, but there is absolutely NO possible way this man has a fraction of the experience and overall knowledge on how to repair the mess our country has become both domestically and in foreign affairs...I don't care what color he is.
              Simply voting for him because he's different is scary, he just doesn't have enough expereince to do more than campaign promises.

If you want to vote for someone just based on the fact that they're different, heck let's get Hugh Hefner to run.

Again. I like what Obama has to say, but then all campaigns are supposed to get you to like what they have to say.

McCain stood up against the tobacco industry, nearly lost his career to put a stop to the special interest and political payoffs to do the right thing for his country.
              His proven track record there says it all for me.

Maybe in a few years Obama will be right for the job, but he just doesn't stand up to McCains legacy.
              Last edited by DuckButter; 06-09-2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Or, I coulda just said this:

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                Sorry but I can't agree with you. I guess you were too young to remember the days of Jimmy Carter and 18% mortgage rates. Again its nothing to do with Bush, his name, being black or anything but what a man aspiring to be president of the most powerful nation believes.

Comment

Kevin Poulsen May 14, 2008 | 4:04:58 PMCategories: Election '08
                  Wondering who the filmmaker is behind the 13-minute attack video A Video Portrait of Barack Hussein Obama? So were we. Though the narrator identifies himself as "Lorne Baxter," and e-mails to the production company are answered by "Rodney Talmud," it turns out the man behind the video is a 28-year-old Christian television producer from North Carolina named Jason "Molotov" Mitchell, who has priors for inflammatory YouTubing.

Jason "Molotov" Mitchell is producer and host of the Christian television show Flamethrower.The video, you'll recall, has supposedly racked up a million-and-a-half views on the conservative-leaning Eyeblast.tv. Among other things, it regurgitates the false viral e-mail claim that Obama refuses to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, and claims that the Democratic candidate has been a disciple of racism, Marxism, quasi-Christianity, Islam and anti-Semitism.

"When we are at war with Islamic terrorism, can Americans elect a man with not one, not two, but three Islamic names?" the video poses.

The viral video provides a rare opportunity to examine the source of a pseudonomous internet political smear, the type of which is widely expected to play a role in November's presidential election. Recent press reports have shown that such attacks have already gained traction with some white voters, who erroneously believe that Obama is a Muslim, based on internet chain letters making the claim.

The video was made by Mitchell's company, Illuminati Pictures. Mitchell is former wedding videographer who now produces and hosts a weekly Christian television show called Flamethrower, which began airing on the satellite network Faith TV last October.

A round-table show featuring Mitchell and three other Christian panelists, Flamethrower is best known for a segment that never aired. Produced in January, Mitchell's video Making Mohammed Cookies! shows a chef, wearing Islamic headdress, baking a cookie in the shape of the Muslim prophet. He's interrupted at one point by his roommate, whom he shoots with a handgun while yelling, "Jew!"

Faith TV refused to broadcast the video, setting off controversy with some conservatives. Mitchell subsequently put a portion of the video on YouTube.

"He tamed the show down a lot after that," says Faith TV vice president Mark MacGregor. "I told him we're not going to air that, and if he keeps doing that kind of thing we're not going to air him at all.... I felt like we could reach the Muslim community through a loving tone."

Always good to know who is behind these lies, the lowlife won't even use his real name. I doubt Obama will make good on getting the troops out or turning the economy around but I'm willing to give him my vote rather than have McCain keep us in Iraq. Regarding rev. wright and the nasty stuff he says, as a white man I don't know what it's like to "drive while black" be denied employment or housing because of the color of my skin or be dragged while chained behind a pickup until my head is torn off. Must get blacks real mad to hear those words "All Men are Created Equal" and know those words are not being lived up to by good Americans everywhere. We need to get beyond all this racism and ignorance. Bush and his cronies along with the previous administration helped drive our beautiful country into the ground. We spent a trillion dollars and lost good Americans in that ---- hole called iraq. What chance do we have to survive with the price of gas, diesel, heating fuel and food? We are screwed real bad and need a miracle at this point. Obama may not be that miracle but McCain dam sure isn't. the conservative are still trying to convince us that if we allow big oil to drill here in the USA all our problems will be solved. All that will happen is that big oil will make greater profits and keep pulling in billions. Pass some laws and reign in these people who are destroying our way of life!

Comment

Duck I actually disagree with you about something .

you say you like what he has to say... but what has he said? Change, hope.....Hope, change..........

Or that first he says he can't disown his "reverend" and then he disowns him?

Or that he says he won't wear the flag pin on his lapel, and then he does when he catches slack?

Or where he calls his grandmother a "typical white person"?

Or when he says Iran, Cuba, Venezuala are not big threats to us, then 2 days later he says he didn't say that?

Or when he didnt know the difference between memorial day and veterans day?

When he said Don Imus should be fired for saying hateful things(Nappy headed ho's) (But God Damn America, America invented the HIV virus for population control of colored people, and we deserved 9-11-01) from his reverend was ok???

When he associates with un-repentant terrorist Bill Ayers?

Or that he's friends with one of the biggest Hamas financiers?

That in one of his campaign headquaters theres a picture of Che Guevera?

I can go on and on but my hands are getting tired.

Everyone has a right to vote for whoever they want as someone pointed out to me but he is not right for the job now, 2012, 2016 or ever.

Comment

Politics and religion...always speak with a mild manner.
                      I DO like what he has to say, despite the fact that they are generic campaign slogans...read what I typed!

I agree, just not up to hearing any backlash for being an Obama basher.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        Again. I like what Obama has to say, but then all campaigns are supposed to get you to like what they have to say.
                        mmmmmmkay?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Kevin Poulsen May 14, 2008 | 4:04:58 PMCategories: Election '08
                          Wondering who the filmmaker is behind the 13-minute attack video A Video Portrait of Barack Hussein Obama? So were we. Though the narrator identifies himself as "Lorne Baxter," and e-mails to the production company are answered by "Rodney Talmud," it turns out the man behind the video is a 28-year-old Christian television producer from North Carolina named Jason "Molotov" Mitchell, who has priors for inflammatory YouTubing.

Jason "Molotov" Mitchell is producer and host of the Christian television show Flamethrower.The video, you'll recall, has supposedly racked up a million-and-a-half views on the conservative-leaning Eyeblast.tv. Among other things, it regurgitates the false viral e-mail claim that Obama refuses to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, and claims that the Democratic candidate has been a disciple of racism, Marxism, quasi-Christianity, Islam and anti-Semitism.

"When we are at war with Islamic terrorism, can Americans elect a man with not one, not two, but three Islamic names?" the video poses.

The viral video provides a rare opportunity to examine the source of a pseudonomous internet political smear, the type of which is widely expected to play a role in November's presidential election. Recent press reports have shown that such attacks have already gained traction with some white voters, who erroneously believe that Obama is a Muslim, based on internet chain letters making the claim.

The video was made by Mitchell's company, Illuminati Pictures. Mitchell is former wedding videographer who now produces and hosts a weekly Christian television show called Flamethrower, which began airing on the satellite network Faith TV last October.

A round-table show featuring Mitchell and three other Christian panelists, Flamethrower is best known for a segment that never aired. Produced in January, Mitchell's video Making Mohammed Cookies! shows a chef, wearing Islamic headdress, baking a cookie in the shape of the Muslim prophet. He's interrupted at one point by his roommate, whom he shoots with a handgun while yelling, "Jew!"

Faith TV refused to broadcast the video, setting off controversy with some conservatives. Mitchell subsequently put a portion of the video on YouTube.

"He tamed the show down a lot after that," says Faith TV vice president Mark MacGregor. "I told him we're not going to air that, and if he keeps doing that kind of thing we're not going to air him at all.... I felt like we could reach the Muslim community through a loving tone."

Always good to know who is behind these lies, the lowlife won't even use his real name. I doubt Obama will make good on getting the troops out or turning the economy around but I'm willing to give him my vote rather than have McCain keep us in Iraq. Regarding rev. wright and the nasty stuff he says, as a white man I don't know what it's like to "drive while black" be denied employment or housing because of the color of my skin or be dragged while chained behind a pickup until my head is torn off. Must get blacks real mad to hear those words "All Men are Created Equal" and know those words are not being lived up to by good Americans everywhere. We need to get beyond all this racism and ignorance. Bush and his cronies along with the previous administration helped drive our beautiful country into the ground. We spent a trillion dollars and lost good Americans in that ---- hole called iraq. What chance do we have to survive with the price of gas, diesel, heating fuel and food? We are screwed real bad and need a miracle at this point. Obama may not be that miracle but McCain dam sure isn't. the conservative are still trying to convince us that if we allow big oil to drill here in the USA all our problems will be solved. All that will happen is that big oil will make greater profits and keep pulling in billions. Pass some laws and reign in these people who are destroying our way of life!
                          The video shows Obama in his own words contradicting himself too, I guess you missed that part.

I am not a prejudice person never have never will be. I may not know what its like to be denied employment for being black or driving while black as you say but when my family immigrated here from Italy at the turn of the 20th century they were discriminated against as well. But my ancestors worked through all the b.s. There were no special programs for them. We never owned any slaves. So tell me why I would owe someone something just because there skin is darker then mine? Why do some people get extra points on a civil service job because of their color? Why would someone get more financial aide for college because of the color of there skin? I dont get it, Im not prejudice, never owned slaves, but I owe someone something or should feel someone elses pain because of things that happened that my family and myself had nothing to do with? In my opinion affirmative action is racism in itself. It is also a violation of the 14th ammendment, as well as a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
                          Last edited by Masterplumb; 06-09-2008, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                            The video shows Obama in his own words contradicting himself too, I guess you missed that part.

I am not a prejudice person never have never will be. I may not know what its like to be denied employment for being black or driving while black as you say but when my family immigrated here from Italy at the turn of the 20th century they were discriminated against as well. But my ancestors worked through all the b.s. There were no special programs for them. We never owned any slaves. So tell me why I would owe someone something just because there skin is darker then mine? Why do some people get extra points on a civil service job because of there color? Why would someone get more financial aide for college because of the color of there skin? I dont get it, Im not prejudice, never owned slaves, but I owe someone something or should feel someone elses pain because of things that happened that my family and myself had nothing to do with? In my opinion affirmative action is racism in itself. It is also a violation of the 14th ammendment, as well as a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
                            I'll explain it to you just like I explained it to my teenage daughter. When I was a young man trying to get into the Electrical workers Union and Plumbers Union in NYC back in 71' Hundreds of blacks were allowed to jump the list and my chances of getting those spots were gone. I explained to my daughter that while we are taught two wrongs don't make a right in this case blacks have been so screwed over for so many years that generation upon generation were held back unfairly. You see, unlike you and me (also Italian American) blacks can't blend in because of their skin color. Something had to be done to give them a fighting chance and that something was EEOC. People who scored higher on tests and were better qualified for jobs did not get them in order to right some wrongs. Lousy way to make things right but if it allowed hard working black folks to get better paying jobs and put their kids through college it was worth it! Our country had to break the cycle of racism and open up the jobs to those who had been denied for too long. So you see you and me and the rest of white America is paying for all the racist bums who didn't have the decency to live by those words "All Men are Created Equal". You really don't like this reverse discrimination? Then the next time you hear a racist remark open up your mouth and speak out, break the pattern of hate that got us in this mess! All of a sudden we lost the right to speak our minds without being called un American, so millions kept quiet while sean hannity and bill oreilly told us how to behave. A trillion dollars wasted in iraq and thousands of brave Americans dead, with no end in sight. Count me as a NO for this kind of democracy. Drop a bomb, drop two or three but get our troops back home and secure Our borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              I'll explain it to you just like I explained it to my teenage daughter. When I was a young man trying to get into the Electrical workers Union and Plumbers Union in NYC back in 71' Hundreds of blacks were allowed to jump the list and my chances of getting those spots were gone. I explained to my daughter that while we are taught two wrongs don't make a right in this case blacks have been so screwed over for so many years that generation upon generation were held back unfairly. You see, unlike you and me (also Italian American) blacks can't blend in because of their skin color. Something had to be done to give them a fighting chance and that something was EEOC. People who scored higher on tests and were better qualified for jobs did not get them in order to right some wrongs. Lousy way to make things right but if it allowed hard working black folks to get better paying jobs and put their kids through college it was worth it! Our country had to break the cycle of racism and open up the jobs to those who had been denied for too long. So you see you and me and the rest of white America is paying for all the racist bums who didn't have the decency to live by those words "All Men are Created Equal". You really don't like this reverse discrimination? Then the next time you hear a racist remark open up your mouth and speak out, break the pattern of hate that got us in this mess! All of a sudden we lost the right to speak our minds without being called un American, so millions kept quiet while sean hannity and bill oreilly told us how to behave. A trillion dollars wasted in iraq and thousands of brave Americans dead, with no end in sight. Count me as a NO for this kind of democracy. Drop a bomb, drop two or three but get our troops back home and secure Our borders.
                              You teach your kids the way you want and I'll teach mine the way I want. If you want to sell your kids out then you go ahead Franki. I wont sell my kids short like that. I teach mine to earn whatever you want and that there are no handouts, of course I'll always help out but they dont need to know that security is always there because I wont always be here.

I dont and won't get involved with someone who speaks racist comments, but dont forget, just as you and others preach this is America and we have the right to free speech as mean as it may seem.

I refuse to take blame for sommeone elses action. I only take responsibility for my actions. I dont owe anyone anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X