Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a doctor in the forum

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    I'm gonna step up and defend the Daily Show. Unlike most news shows Jon Stewart doesn't pretend he is unbiased. He also often calls out ridiculousness on both sides. I know he is liberal, but as a conservative I can still enjoy watching his show. Also, I think the interviews on the Daily Show are far better than most any other news show. Jon Stewart asks a question, and then waits for an answer. He doesn't cut off the answer either, and there is an actual communication of ideas going on.
    I have to agree, the show is brilliant. What bugs me though is that ther are truley people that believe this the real news. Guess they don't get the point.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
      i had the same surgery as you and it takes a long time to before you can use your arm again .this happened on the job so workers comp paid 100% for it ,if it did not happen at work my reg insurance would have paid a very large part of the bill
      I would like to thank you for your imput on my shoulder as you are the only one to answer some of the questions I wanted to know from someone that has gone through this. I am amazed you are the only one to do so out of all the so called plumbers on this forum.
      I don`t have full worker comp and will have my right arm in a sling for a couple of weeks and then have to take in easy, it is a learning experience trying to use my left hand for everything.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Before I get too far off track I injured my shoulder 3-years ago and now have what is called a frozen shoulder. I cannot lift my arm above my shoulder and it is easily injured. I have another surgery scheduled but I am not sure when it will happen. The original injury was a broken clavicle and shoulder from a ladder accident.

Our medical is second to none and even non-residents are given emergency care. There are clinics for the uninsured but you have to wait in lines similar to what I have been told happens in Canada. The reason I bring up non-residents is a young lady who grew up in our home moved to Australia and married an Australian man. When she went to the hospital for a C-section she had no insurance as her citizenship papers were not complete. They had to pay for the delivery themselves. This is basically what happens in the States as well but no one ever collect the money.

I have several Uranium mines across the highway from my place in Utah but they were all closed because the Uranium in Canada is so plentiful. However, I have heard there is currently an effort to start up both the gold mines and the Uranium mines in my area of Utah.

Mark
        It is amazing out of 40 odd threads only a couple responded to my shoulder problem and all I wanted was some imput because trying to get an answer from a doctor was like pulling teeth, but our egoes took over and went in every other direction you can imagine, so thanks for your imput Mark and whoever else as I couldn`t get on last night as the forum must have been done or I was censored.???

Tony

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          It is amazing out of 40 odd threads only a couple responded to my shoulder problem and all I wanted was some imput because trying to get an answer from a doctor was like pulling teeth, but our egoes took over and went in every other direction you can imagine, so thanks for your imput Mark and whoever else as I couldn`t get on last night as the forum must have been done or I was censored.???

Tony

Tony
          Why are you so critical? You seem to carry a chip on your shoulder(no pun intended). No one intially attacked you but they wanted you to see a doctor. Same thing when a diy ask advice. We generally tell them to call a plumber.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Why are you so critical? You seem to carry a chip on your shoulder(no pun intended). No one intially attacked you but they wanted you to see a doctor. Same thing when a diy ask advice. We generally tell them to call a plumber.
            I originally thought he might have been posting as a joke along the lines of "Why would you call a doctor when you can ask online?", but substituting doctor for plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              with NO disrespect to ANYONE:

arguing politics on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. even IF you win, you're still retarded.

extremists on both sidea are what is wrong with this country and every other country in the world.

steve
              Which country are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                I'm gonna step up and defend the Daily Show. Unlike most news shows Jon Stewart doesn't pretend he is unbiased. He also often calls out ridiculousness on both sides. I know he is liberal, but as a conservative I can still enjoy watching his show. Also, I think the interviews on the Daily Show are far better than most any other news show. Jon Stewart asks a question, and then waits for an answer. He doesn't cut off the answer either, and there is an actual communication of ideas going on.
                Dont forget that many times on the conservative shows (fox news) when they interview a liberal and ask a question, very rarely do you get a DIRECT answer, then they start rambling on about GW Bush and change the subject.

Comment

I would like to thank you for your imput on my shoulder as you are the only one to answer some of the questions I wanted to know from someone that has gone through this. I am amazed you are the only one to do so out of all the so called plumbers on this forum.
                  I don`t have full worker comp and will have my right arm in a sling for a couple of weeks and then have to take in easy, it is a learning experience trying to use my left hand for everything.

Tony
                  You are calling some of us "so called plumbers" and you are the one without "worker comp"?

Comment

Tony

Tony
                    How can you not get a straight answer from a doctor? What kind of doctor do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      with NO disrespect to ANYONE:

arguing politics on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. even IF you win, you're still retarded.

extremists on both sidea are what is wrong with this country and every other country in the world.

steve
                      Hey now I find this post kinda Offensive as I compete in the special Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
                        Hey now I find this post kinda Offensive as I compete in the special Olympics
                        and you live in Medina? oh my word.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Tony

Tony
                          Just to be totally fair here. We are plumbers, not doctors. I'm pretty sure most advised you to go see one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                            Dont forget that many times on the conservative shows (fox news) when they interview a liberal and ask a question, very rarely do you get a DIRECT answer, then they start rambling on about GW Bush and change the subject.
                            I know that you often have a question like "Why does Obama want to raise taxes" and you get an answer like "G.W.B. lied about Iraq". But I think even when there is fair questioning on both liberal and conservative news shows, the vast majority of hosts cut off the guests and make it abut them rather than the guest. Jon Stewart doesn't do that, regardless of whether the guest is a liberal or conservative.

Comment

The funny part is when the "liberals" tried a talk channel of their own (Air America Radio) there were hosts (Janeane Garofalo) who refused to let the public call in or have guests because they did not want to have to debate their positions. Hopefully the Greens can bring some life back to them after the bankruptcy.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                                How can you not get a straight answer from a doctor? What kind of doctor do you see?
                                There are crappy doctors here where you can't get a straight answer. The nice thing about it is that you can take your business elsewhere. I personally prefer a doctor who takes the time to explain things to me, and believes that I can actually understand what is going on. My endocrinologist, my wife's first OB, and our first and current pediatrician all fit the bill as good doctors. Unfortunately when we moved we had to start over finding good doctors, and my wife's second OB was pretty crappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X