Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What Next?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Next??

    It seems that nothing is safe anymore! First you cant eat a tomato without worrying about getting salmonella. Now we have to worry about toxic fumes coming from Shower curtains!!http://www.chej.org/showercurtainreport/ What's next? are they going to find that using toilet paper causes hemorrhoids or will it be certain types of toothpaste causes gingivitis?

    ________
    XRV750
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM.
    Mike

  • #2
    Re: What Next??

    I'm sorry I just had to compliment you on your avatar.Is he yours?
    Looks like mastif with a little dane keeping the frame light.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What Next??

      All the stimulus checks are going to bounce.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What Next??

        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I'm sorry I just had to compliment you on your avatar.Is he yours?
        Looks like mastif with a little dane keeping the frame light.
        Hey Adam, He is a English Mastiff that is under weight by Vets orders.
        Vet says it is much healthier to have him a bit under weight as he gets older. He still weights in at 180#.
        ________
        Gremlin
        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM.
        Mike

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What Next??

          Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          All the stimulus checks are going to bounce.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What Next??

            Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
            Hey Adam, He is a English Mastiff that is under weight by Vets orders.
            Vet says it is much healthier to have him a bit under weight as he gets older. He still weights in at 180#.
            Awsome avatar btw. They found grilled food causes cancer as well as plastic bottles. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!! True statement, if you don't believe me. Cancer rate in California is 500 times higher than the rest of the nation-look in any product-"this product is known to cause cancer in CA", not TX or HI or MA, just CA does it cause cancer. West coast crew; it was nice knowing you.
            Last edited by gear junkie; 06-15-2008, 11:28 AM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What Next??

              Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
              Hey Adam, He is a English Mastiff that is under weight by Vets orders.
              Vet says it is much healthier to have him a bit under weight as he gets older. He still weights in at 180#.
              wow 180 do you have some other pictures

              rosie is about 92
              Charlie

              My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


              http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

              new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What Next??

                I'm doing this Lead Abatement course right now, and boy you guys ain't got a clue, unless you have taken this course. This is the #1 house problem right now, "but" theres another study going on right now, that will be worse than this problem. However this is to be hush and hush for the next 3 years.

                Though a lot of people already has a good idea it can kill you, just wait until all homes will have to have all fiber glass items removed. This will be huge and a major cost factor. But it is just a study right now that has not been finalized.

                So I guess if I ever get around to building my home, there won't be no blanket insulation in the walls or attic. Spray foam, but they'll find something wrong with that too, maybe I'll insulated it like the farmers did in the past, animal hairs and wadded up news paper, nope thats illegal.

                We're all damned if we do and damned if we don't. Use the earth as your insulation, then you will probably have radon gas coming up and in.... Life is just grand isn't it.....
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                http://www.contractorspub.com

                A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What Next??

                  Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  wow 180 do you have some other pictures

                  rosie is about 92
                  Hey Charlie here a few pictures I found in my computerAttachment Attachment Attachment
                  ________
                  Suzuki xn85
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM.
                  Mike

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What Next??

                    Isn't it illegal to cross breed a horse and a bear?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What Next??

                      Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Isn't it illegal to cross breed a horse and a bear?
                      I love my plumber

                      "My Hero"

                      Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What Next??

                        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Isn't it illegal to cross breed a horse and a bear?


                        Ben, you made 2 funnies in one thread.....
                        sigpic

                        Robert

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What Next??

                          Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          Ben, you made 2 funnies in one thread.....
                          Sheer luck. Give a monkey enough darts, sooner or later he's going to hit the bullseye.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What Next??

                            Originally posted by garager View Post
                            I'm doing this Lead Abatement course right now, and boy you guys ain't got a clue, unless you have taken this course. This is the #1 house problem right now, "but" theres another study going on right now, that will be worse than this problem. However this is to be hush and hush for the next 3 years.

                            Though a lot of people already has a good idea it can kill you, just wait until all homes will have to have all fiber glass items removed. This will be huge and a major cost factor. But it is just a study right now that has not been finalized.

                            So I guess if I ever get around to building my home, there won't be no blanket insulation in the walls or attic. Spray foam, but they'll find something wrong with that too, maybe I'll insulated it like the farmers did in the past, animal hairs and wadded up news paper, nope thats illegal.

                            We're all damned if we do and damned if we don't. Use the earth as your insulation, then you will probably have radon gas coming up and in.... Life is just grand isn't it.....
                            Is not part of the problem is the blame game, if any one gets any thing wrong you blame some one else, you play with a broken bottle and cut your self you need to sue the glass company the manufacture mold making company, the product that used the bottles, the store that sold it, the person how original bought the product, and the company that make the trash can, and of course your not to blame as all you did was steal it out of the trash and break it and then play in the broke shards of glass, it is ever one else fault.

                            I realize there is liability and there is known and dishonest who use products or elements that are "known to be hazardous". those people who do that I do have problems with, (Chinese using lead paints on toys being sold to American markets)
                            but some products are know hazardous and acceped (such as gasoline and it buring properties), this is not what I am talking about,

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                            but into days world were one can detect billions of parts of a substance where 30 years ago, one could hardly detect parts per hundreds,

                            there is no such thing as a RISK FREE ENVIRONMENT, regardless of what lawyers and law makers say,

                            I will say if there is a definitely know hazard and the hazard is above normal for the area, and it is not address I can see liability issue.

                            but to be able to sue for problems that are or were the NORMAL of its day, (the use of lead paint, the use of asbestos, or other) I do not think is right, to be able for a few lawyers to be able to destroy a company for doing what is the normal and before science realized a hazard,

                            may be I am wrong but it was hinted at here FIBERGLASS INSULATION is there really any one who works with the stuff that does not think it will be the next asbestos scandal in insulation's and how many Dress as if it is a hazardous material when using it? Will you jump on the band wagon if lawyers start the law suits. How smart do you have to be, how much personal responsibility should one be required to exert,
                            I think that is the issue is the aspect of personal responsibility,
                            When it comes to industry standard, how is one to respond,

                            we all want chemicals that will kill the bugs that are in our lawns or gardens but how many wear the appropriate mask to filter out he chemicals and gloves and coveralls when spraying your lawns and gardens and flowers? (Can't you read it hazardous to your health if you touch it or breath it)

                            when most ever one responds in a similar way of not doing all the protection one can do for a known hazard why is it the company's fault if you get hurt or sick?
                            this one thing I have never understood.

                            All you smokers out there, how long have you read the warning labels on the side of the package and how long have you used the product after knowing the potential hazard,
                            if you get an aliment linked to its use should you be able to sue the company that made the product?
                            Last edited by BHD; 06-16-2008, 10:33 AM.
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What Next??

                              Was at Fred Meyers the other day and was reaching for a bag of lemons when this little old lady said: You better be careful because they said this morning on the news that they too have something on them and you better not put the skin in your drink. Come to find out their saying birds are crapping on them on the trees and that is where it is coming from.

                              Again I ask don't people wash there food from the stores?

                              shup

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X