X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime warranty on utility blades?

I picked up a 100 pack of Husky brand utility blades at the HD today and they say "lifetime warranty" all over the package. I left them in my truck, so I can't relay the exact wording on the back, but I remember it said the if you are not completely satisfied with the purchase at any time for any reason they will replace with a product of equal or greater value.

How can this be? I can understand the satisfaction guaranty, but a lifetime warranty? I go through at least ten blades a month. Any thoughts on this?

And by the way, you hear about what Obama said today? Just kidding! I only wanted to talk about the blades!!

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: Lifetime warranty on utility blades?

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
    I picked up a 100 pack of Husky brand utility blades at the HD today and they say "lifetime warranty" all over the package. I left them in my truck, so I can't relay the exact wording on the back, but I remember it said the if you are not completely satisfied with the purchase at any time for any reason they will replace with a product of equal or greater value.

How can this be? I can understand the satisfaction guaranty, but a lifetime warranty? I go through at least ten blades a month. Any thoughts on this?

And by the way, you hear about what Obama said today? Just kidding! I only wanted to talk about the blades!!

Eli
    I wonder if it is some kind of mistake on the packaging, someone in marketing not understanding a knife blade is a consumable.

If it was the knife + blades I could understand that. The Ryobi rapid-load (or whatever their name for it is) drill bit set would have a two year warranty on the chuck, but none on the bits as those are consumables. Incidentally, I've found the Ryobi bits to be garbage compared to my DeWalts ones.

Comment

Try the lenox blades with the gold edge. I thought they were a gimmick but I can make a blade last a month(no drywall).
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Make sure to save the package. Did you read all the fine print?
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I will post pics when I get home tonight, but it is printed on the outer packaging and on the dispenser as well as the generic explanation on the back of the packaging.

I love those Lenox blades, but for my purposes these days I am scoring veneer and formica a lot so I need the very tip to be sharp, and even the lenox can't stand up to that abuse for long. So I usually get the Stanley 100 pack and it will last me about a year give or take. The Huskeys were under $10 so I thought I'd give em a whirl.

Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

save all the old blades when there no longer performing to your liking,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Eli
              Originally posted by BHD View Post
              save all the old blades when there no longer performing to your liking,
              what they mean is that if you dont like the product they will refund your $ but this will only happen 1 time and if you use all the blades then try it i say they will not give you your $ back
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I will post pics when I get home tonight, but it is printed on the outer packaging and on the dispenser as well as the generic explanation on the back of the packaging.

I love those Lenox blades, but for my purposes these days I am scoring veneer and formica a lot so I need the very tip to be sharp, and even the lenox can't stand up to that abuse for long. So I usually get the Stanley 100 pack and it will last me about a year give or take. The Huskeys were under $10 so I thought I'd give em a whirl.

Eli
                If all you need is a sharp tip, break off the dull tip with a vise grip and new sharp tip.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have the Husky 100 pack also. I just looked at the dispenser and it does say Lifetime Warranty. I threw out the packaging a long time ago, so I couldn't tell you what it says on there. I'm sure that pack will last me another 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X