X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundup Highlight Video

This really only has Thursday in the highlights but still a quick glimpse of the happenings at the RIDGID Roundup. Its the same clip we showed on Friday at the Roundup for those of you who came. We had to swap out the music so we could display it publicly. Old music was much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrsOOqiz7E8

Re: Roundup Highlight Video

Great job JOSH!!! Wish i could have been there!! It looked like rick almost got knocked out during the pipe threading contest. I'll bet there was a couple of close calls with that one!

Comment

Again thank you Ridgid for a great time and making us all fell like part of the Ridge Tool family.

Mark & Family
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

great, now everyone is going to want to come next year

why didn't you show all the ditch digging and cleaning we had to do to earn our keep

cut, ream, thread, 1'' pipe 1:06

next year :59 or better

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Where is the -5 points for the unsafe act of letting the threader spin freely like that
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            This really only has Thursday in the highlights but still a quick glimpse of the happenings at the RIDGID Roundup. Its the same clip we showed on Friday at the Roundup for those of you who came. We had to swap out the music so we could display it publicly. Old music was much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrsOOqiz7E8

I like that guy on the front of the UTube video
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              Where is the -5 points for the unsafe act of letting the threader spin freely like that
              I think extra credit should be given for that. In the field the foreman would send you home for the casual removal of die heads I saw at the competition. It was pretty obvious at the competition who had spent some time threading and who had not. I'm sure next year will be much a better competition because people would have practiced techniques. I guarantee Rick will be under a minute next year.

Mark

Comment

We already have ideas for competitions we can switch up. K1500 will stay regardless. Seems like everyone loved that one.

Josh

Comment

The one thing the videos will not show is all of the fun we had at the hotel and non "official" gatherings. I'm already shopping for air flight deals for next year.

Mark

Comment

I think the cut and thread competition should also involve some fitting assembly, (at least cap the ends) and then an airtest to see if it hold pressure....it looks like it just brute speed without any skill.

I'll make an effort to come next year. It sounds like a good time.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Good work Josh

Now take a few days off and make super duty ZZZZs... You earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        I think the cut and thread competition should also involve some fitting assembly, (at least cap the ends) and then an airtest to see if it hold pressure....it looks like it just brute speed without any skill.

I'll make an effort to come next year. It sounds like a good time.
                        Pretty much all of the competition was about speed more than skill but you did have to be able to screw a fitting on at the end of the threading competition to show it was properly threaded.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Pretty much all of the competition was about speed more than skill but you did have to be able to screw a fitting on at the end of the threading competition to show it was properly threaded.

Mark
                          I am not so interested anyway in fanning my ego in competition bragging (like someone we all know) as I am in meeting my new e-friends in person. I'm sure that alone would be worth the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                            I am not so interested anyway in fanning my ego in competition bragging (like someone we all know) as I am in meeting my new e-friends in person. I'm sure that alone would be worth the trip.
                            LOL-I wouldn't worry as he feeds off himself. Some have talked about having a contest with real plumbing skills but the problem is , time require and what code would it be judged under. The way it was, everyone had the opportunity to be introduced to tools they may have never used and a good time was had by all. I look forward to meeting you at next years event.

Mark

Comment

I'm sure it'll be fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X