X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac Filters

I have a Wet/Dry Vac that's about 5-6 yars old that I bought at my local Home Depot. I recently purchased a new filter for it and found that it did not fit...it was too long. Has anyone else run into this problem? I can't seem to find a replacement for it and it would be crazy to buy a new vac.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac Filters

Welcome to the forum.

Not an exact replacement but may save the cost of a new vacuum.

Since you did not state the vacuum brand, I am assuming Ridgid. Are there disposable Ridgid drywall bags or similar filter bags that fit the vac?

If not, Lowes carries filter bags for various sizes of Shop-Vac vacuums that may be adaptable your vac. They also have a (washable) cloth filter bag that replaces the filter element, slips over the cage with the ball valve.

Worst case scenario: In a past life, I used a paper filter bag from a generic canister vac slipped over the cloth filter bag and cage at the fan assembly and held with a large rubber band. This prevented the fine dust from sticking to the cloth filter bag. I occasionally brushed the crud from the paper bag to increase air flow.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac Filters

Call the Ridgid support number and tell them you need a new filter plate so you can use the newer/taller filters in your older vacuum.

Comment

Working...
      X