Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCain for President?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: McCain for President?

    Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    Interesting, but almost every article I've read seems to point to better tax breaks with Obama, unless you're making $millions; for example:

    http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news...ion=2008061111


    CWS
    The cross-over point in the article is actualy $112,000.

    Also, as I understood it, there are negatives in both columns, but if you compare them to 2008 taxes, they would relaly go up under Obama's plan because he wants to get rid of the Bush tax cuts [i.e. these are compared to what your taxes would be without the Bush tax cuts]. So although it looks like McCain would cut taxes by $4300 for a family with $161K in income, really they would just stay the same as now.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: McCain for President?

      In addition Obama has not said how he will pay for his new programs.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: McCain for President?

        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        In addition Obama has not said how he will pay for his new programs.

        Mark
        I think if he was able to pull our troops and support from iraq there would be a tremendous savings. If the close to one trillion the USA has already spent in iraq was put to other use right here would it pay for these programs Obama is suggesting or would it just add to our deficits? I think we need to stop spending on everything we can't pay for with the exception of those things that secure our country, safety and security. Get the border secure once and for all! Stop allowing illegals to enter at will. Correct the trade deficit. Suspend trading on oil futures. Do something aside from talking.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: McCain for President?

          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I think if he was able to pull our troops and support from iraq there would be a tremendous savings. If the close to one trillion the USA has already spent in iraq was put to other use right here would it pay for these programs Obama is suggesting or would it just add to our deficits? I think we need to stop spending on everything we can't pay for with the exception of those things that secure our country, safety and security. Get the border secure once and for all! Stop allowing illegals to enter at will. Correct the trade deficit. Suspend trading on oil futures. Do something aside from talking.
          Yes, we should pull out of Irac. Cut our losses and run away from that horrible place. We should leave them to fight it out amongst themselves and with any luck, Iran and Syria will step in and give them a hand. Perhaps even Bin Ladin will come out of hiding and have a place to call home again. I feel so bad for him, having to spend the last five years hiding out in caves.

          I'll even bet that once Al Queda has a good strong hold there and the extremists get control over the better part of the middle east, the price of oil should come way way down. But we won't care because the trillion dollars that we spent there will surely be put to good use by our congressmen. While we're at it we should also cut military spending by at least 1/2 and de-commission most of the fleet. What a waste of money it is defending freedom. I hav'nt done the math, but if you devide the trillions spent by the number of soldiers killed, you can get the value of an american soldier.

          Or can you ?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: McCain for President?

            We followed you to Afghanistan and to Iraq so please tell whoever wins and becomes president in November that we don`t want to go to Iran.

            Tony

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: McCain for President?

              That's up to Ahmadimejad. Right now I think the chances are pretty good unless Isreal nukes him first.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: McCain for President?

                If it were up to me, I would blow that monkey Ahmadinijad to pieces. If only I was king.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: McCain for President?

                  Let's just keep increasing shipments of cigarretts to them...nyuk nyuk nyuk.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: McCain for President?

                    Seems like voting for the lesser of two evils is what this country has sadly become other the last three or so elections.
                    I am still undecided as to who I am voting for as neither candidate is a true conservative. As far as I am concerned being a consrvative means less goverment intrusion and G W has created the biggest government we have ever had . Sure he is giving tax breaks and at the same time he is creating the biggest deficit our country has ever seen. No wonder our dollar is worth less than the euro.
                    As far as illegals are concerned neither candidate will do anything about them.
                    Yes we need to protect our country being ex air force under the Reagon administration I feel we definately had to go into Afganistan after 911. But I am still not sure what is going to be accomplised in Iraq. Now that we are there though we need to finish the job and give our soldiers what they need to do it.
                    As far as who I am going to vote for I think I will do a write in candidate
                    ****Plumber Rick For President****
                    Ben best of luck doing your duty
                    Mark best wishes to your family who is serving
                    And anyone else on the forum with members in the military ,Best wishes to your loved ones and God speed

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: McCain for President?

                      I'm hearing some things that are not favorable for McCain as of late, and as a whole it is just a weak platform.

                      The media isn't on his side at this point, momentum is unheard of on his side of the fence and even though his background is commendable and honorable,


                      Being against the machine isn't a good spot to be.

                      Now I'm sure there will be diehards that is going to automatically vote to the right, but remember that the word change sounds good to pratically everybody, whether it is favorable or not.


                      I'm as I write this but I'm prepared to bunker down and grin and bear it because there are key indicators pointing to an overwhelming black vote, the media swirl, the lackluster design of the McCain campaign and no matter who he picks as a running mate, I think McCain will be a shadow to whomever he chooses...crazy as that may be.

                      I wish I had better news folks.....but a few things that are not driven by the media are painting McCain in a corner by even his own doings.


                      Expect the tire slashing, rampaging the campaign centers, seeking out the vote in prison systems, disputing and demanding recounts. Notice how I never mentioned what side continually does this every election time.

                      Oh god, more
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: McCain for President?

                        While of course the black vote is important and B.H. Obama will get the overwhelming majority of it, the black vote only makes up 13%. I still believe its going to come down to those swing voters in a few states. I can't figure out McCain, does he realize he's in the middle of a campaign?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: McCain for President?

                          We just reduced oil use in this country for the first time last month. China and India sucked up the difference, and will continue to suck up the difference. Oil prices are determined globally, with the weakened US dollar being a huge part of the problem as of late. Oil prices will not go down, even in ten years when we are producing at the peak of what all of these newly opened areas would produce.

                          There are millions of acres of unexplored area under lease by big oil right now. This is all a red herring. Bush tried to open drilling when he got elected, then in the last year of his term oil doubles? Will that help push through opening these areas for his former colleagues or help get a republican elected or both? Cuz drilling will not lower the price at the pump. Even Bush has said it is merely a psychological solution to drill more.

                          I honestly don't care if McCain gets elected. I think it is funny to watch "conservatives" support him though and pump up his pandering while ignoring his obvious down sides.

                          The only reason I am on here defending Obama is because he is the one getting the talking point bs thrown around on this site. If people were talking about McCain saying Putin was the leader of Germany being a good reason to crucify him, or that he didn't even know how to use a computer so how can we trust him to know how to run a country in the new world of techn--etc, I'd call people on that too. But this drilling thing is as ludicrous as when both McCain and Hillary were touting the "gas tax holiday" as a solution to gas prices. Bunk, pandering and BS. I would trust McCain more if he wasn't saying irrelevant things, taking time and being thoughtful is not a bad trait.

                          Or something.


                          Eli
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: McCain for President?

                            Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                            We just reduced oil use in this country for the first time last month. China and India sucked up the difference, and will continue to suck up the difference. Oil prices are determined globally, with the weakened US dollar being a huge part of the problem as of late. Oil prices will not go down, even in ten years when we are producing at the peak of what all of these newly opened areas would produce.

                            There are millions of acres of unexplored area under lease by big oil right now. This is all a red herring. Bush tried to open drilling when he got elected, then in the last year of his term oil doubles? Will that help push through opening these areas for his former colleagues or help get a republican elected or both? Cuz drilling will not lower the price at the pump. Even Bush has said it is merely a psychological solution to drill more.

                            I honestly don't care if McCain gets elected. I think it is funny to watch "conservatives" support him though and pump up his pandering while ignoring his obvious down sides.

                            The only reason I am on here defending Obama is because he is the one getting the talking point bs thrown around on this site. If people were talking about McCain saying Putin was the leader of Germany being a good reason to crucify him, or that he didn't even know how to use a computer so how can we trust him to know how to run a country in the new world of techn--etc, I'd call people on that too. But this drilling thing is as ludicrous as when both McCain and Hillary were touting the "gas tax holiday" as a solution to gas prices. Bunk, pandering and BS. I would trust McCain more if he wasn't saying irrelevant things, taking time and being thoughtful is not a bad trait.

                            Or something.




                            Eli
                            You make some good points about the dollar and McCain. The reason they havent drilled in those areas that are leased is that there is no oil there. You can't re-invent the wheel. You must drill where the oil is.

                            I've heard the talking points about drilling here will not lower the price significantly, but I have to disagree with that. It goes against the basic principal of supply and demand. Maybe it is something more intelligible then I can comprehend, I dont know? If we were pulling millions of barrells of oil out of the ground and didnt put those barrels on the global market (sold only to the U.S.) I couldn't see how it could not lower it. How come Iran pays only about $.15/gal for gas, yes thats 15 cents and venezuela pays only about .24 cents?

                            Even if it didnt lower the prices of gasoline and heating oil, dont you think it would be good for the economy to create all these jobs HERE? Did anyone ever think of how unstable oil is, what would happen to the price of oil if there was a terrorist attack in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia? We need to drill here for jobs and for security. It's not always about the money, but yes it is important too.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: McCain for President?

                              Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                              You make some good points about the dollar and McCain. The reason they havent drilled in those areas that are leased is that there is no oil there. You can't re-invent the wheel. You must drill where the oil is.

                              I've heard the talking points about drilling here will not lower the price significantly, but I have to disagree with that. It goes against the basic principal of supply and demand. Maybe it is something more intelligible then I can comprehend, I dont know? If we were pulling millions of barrells of oil out of the ground and didnt put those barrels on the global market (sold only to the U.S.) I couldn't see how it could not lower it. How come Iran pays only about $.15/gal for gas, yes thats 15 cents and venezuela pays only about .24 cents?

                              Even if it didnt lower the prices of gasoline and heating oil, dont you think it would be good for the economy to create all these jobs HERE? Did anyone ever think of how unstable oil is, what would happen to the price of oil if there was a terrorist attack in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia? We need to drill here for jobs and for security. It's not always about the money, but yes it is important too.
                              Until we get out from under our oil use we will be a slave to the oil producing countries no matter where we get our oil. We get most of our imported oil from Canada right now I think (I may be wrong). My point about it being a global commodity is that if oil production gets disrupted in S.A. or anywhere else it will still have just as large an effect on prices whether we are producing a million barrels more a day or not. When and if we produce more oil the oil we leave on the international market will easily get absorbed by the Asian countries and nothing will change in supply, demand, or the globally set price per barrel. The reason S.A. and Venezuela are able/willing to sell fuel in their own countries for so little is that they are nationally controlled industries. That will not happen here and domestic oil companies will not sell to us at a fraction of what their product is worth on the global market. It will never happen.

                              Jeeze, even just to put a good face on their companies, if only for public relations the domestic oil companies could EASILY afford to drop prices a dime a gallon and still make enormous profits. What makes you think they will ever do anything besides squeeze whatever profit they can out of us? If we open up drilling that will not be "our" oil that comes out of our ground. It will belong to the same profiteers that control the market now and won't take penny one out of the pockets of the middle east. They can and will sell to China and India just as happily and profitably.

                              It's not a solution. Not to the problems we are discussing here, or that the politicians are trying to pin on it. It will make many rich people even richer. That is all.


                              Eli


                              PS If oil production gets disrupted in SA we are effed either way as well. At full production in 10 years it we will still only be pulling a tiny percentage of our own domestic needs--at todays usage--out of the ground. Not nearly enough to offset any problems that arise over there.
                              Last edited by woodenstickers; 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM.
                              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: McCain for President?

                                Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                                Until we get out from under our oil use we will be a slave to the oil producing countries no matter where we get our oil. We get most of our imported oil from Canada right now I think (I may be wrong). My point about it being a global commodity is that if oil production gets disrupted in S.A. or anywhere else it will still have just as large an effect on prices whether we are producing a million barrels more a day or not. When and if we produce more oil the oil we leave on the international market will easily get absorbed by the Asian countries and nothing will change in supply, demand, or the globally set price per barrel. The reason S.A. and Venezuela are able/willing to sell fuel in their own countries for so little is that they are nationally controlled industries. That will not happen here and domestic oil companies will not sell to us at a fraction of what their product is worth on the global market. It will never happen.

                                Jeeze, even just to put a good face on their companies, if only for public relations the domestic oil companies could EASILY afford to drop prices a dime a gallon and still make enormous profits. What makes you think they will ever do anything besides squeeze whatever profit they can out of us? If we open up drilling that will not be "our" oil that comes out of our ground. It will belong to the same profiteers that control the market now and won't take penny one out of the pockets of the middle east. They can and will sell to China and India just as happily and profitably.

                                It's not a solution. Not to the problems we are discussing here, or that the politicians are trying to pin on it. It will make many rich people even richer. That is all.


                                Eli


                                PS If oil production gets disrupted in SA we are effed either way as well. At full production in 10 years it we will still only be pulling a tiny percentage of our own domestic needs--at todays usage--out of the ground. Not nearly enough to offset any problems that arise over there.
                                Just imagine what would happen if we were an oil producing country.

                                Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X