X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McCain for President?

McCain also claimed Obama was going to raise taxes on anyone making over $32,000 but the Obama camp said he was only raising taxes on those making over $41,000. I'm not sure who is right but I'm sure glad no one here makes over $32,000 per year just in case.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      McCain also claimed Obama was going to raise taxes on anyone making over $32,000 but the Obama camp said he was only raising taxes on those making over $41,000. I'm not sure who is right but I'm sure glad no one here makes over $32,000 per year just in case.

Mark
      Funny how there are many people who support Obama who make high incomes. Maybe taxes aren't evil after all, its what you do with the tax money that matters.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Funny how there are many people who support Obama who make high incomes. Maybe taxes aren't evil after all, its what you do with the tax money that matters.

I'm not sure I would call it funny as I have never felt it was right for others to decide I need to pay their bills. If you're okay with it you should vote for Obama and prepare for some tough financial times. If Obama gets in it's going to be a heck of a time to build a small business.

Mark

Comment

I don't see it that way at all Mark. With Bill Clinton, we had a strong economy and he reduced the federal deficit greatly. With a republican in executive power, he has destroyed this country economically, the dollar is in the toilet...its time for change.

You see it your way, I see it mine...the polls will decide.

Comment

I don't see it that way at all Mark. With Bill Clinton, we had a strong economy and he reduced the federal deficit greatly. With a republican in executive power, he has destroyed this country economically, the dollar is in the toilet...its time for change.

You see it your way, I see it mine...the polls will decide.
            I would say it has been pretty obvious you have been set on Obama regardless since the beginning and that's fine. I am at a point where the economy does not affect me as much as others so if Obama gets in I will be okay. I truly do wish you luck either way.

Mark

Comment

Thanks man. I am a capitalist with many of the same values as you...I consider you a friend. But like masterplumb, NHmaster, etc. etc. you guys are my friends, but we see things a little differently politically.

And thats cool.

Sectional vs. drum.

T&M vs. flat-rate.

Democrat vs. Republican.

I love this argumentative forum.

Comment

The more I see of Obama and the more I hear, the more I think he would be a disaster for this nation. I'd sooner vote for the communist party candidate. At least I know where he's coming from. Obama will say anything to get elected. In fact the sob is so damn arrogent he thinks he's already sitting in the oval office. I'm probably going to be wrong here, but I would love to be a fly on the wall when McCain wins the election. Of course then the democrats will claim it's because the country is all a bunch of racists. Never mind that their idiot candidate has done nothing, said nothing and has no experiance at anything. We'll all just overlook that because we need a "meaningfull change" whatever the hell that means. And we'll overlook all his ignorant and just plain stupid comments and ideas about world issues and the economy and his innane website plan for energy independence. All because we need "change" Hell any change is better than no change, right? Even if it means raising your taxes and energy costs and letting terrorists dictate policy. Let's all sit down with amadijinad and have a friendly little chat. So what that the jumped up little bastard wants to wipe Isreal off the map. Let's hear what he has to say and make friends. What a dolt. Isn't that what Chamberlain did with Hitler? Why yes it was and see how nice that turned out. Obama lacks the experiance, knowledge and common sense necessary to run a pizza hut let alone the nation. So if you hate George Bush, thats fine. But are you really willing to let this fool in the white house just because you dissagree with the current administration? You're not voting against G. Bush. He's leaving and taking his people with him. Get over it and vote for the good of the nation.
                sigpic

Comment

Funny how there are many people who support Obama who make high incomes.
                  There are some high income people who a 5-10% pay cut won't affect that much and don't understand that there are plenty of people who it will. I, unfortunately, am not in the category of people who can just take a 10% paycut with no repercussions.

Comment

Guys, the more I hear from both of these candidates, the less I want to vote. I am convinced neither of them is what we need to get our economy and country back on it's feet. Regardless of who wins the election, the price of oil, lack of strong borders, problem with illegals, war, trade deficit and everything else that needs to change will remain the same. Both parties helped get us to this terrible point in our history and unless we can get someone who is not in the pocket of powerful lobbyists and business people, we are doomed to more of the same. I caught Jessie Ventura being interviewed by shaun hannity and he said some very interesting things. Mr. Ventura put hannity in his place several times and exposed both parties to really be one and the same. Big mouth hannity did not accuse Ventura of being unAmerican by speaking out against the war. When the balloons fly and one of these candidates is declared the winner I will find nothing to cheer about.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                      There are some high income people who a 5-10% pay cut won't affect that much and don't understand that there are plenty of people who it will. I, unfortunately, am not in the category of people who can just take a 10% paycut with no repercussions.
                      If you drive a car, or truck, buy food and heat a home you are already experiencing a cut to your income. The situation will get worse if we don't get much lower prices for these things. How will the war be paid for at a cost of tens of billions a month? Who will pay for the burden of illegals on our economy?

Comment

Yeah like give it to people who dont want to work. People who have their priorities mixed up and feel it's more important to have a car payment, plasma tv, cell phone, then to have health insurance? It's funny how I always had a job that health insurance was offered, and there are so many people that dont have insurance? If they make an effort and try to advance themselves they will be better off then the government trying wealth redistribution.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I'm not sure I would call it funny as I have never felt it was right for others to decide I need to pay their bills. If you're okay with it you should vote for Obama and prepare for some tough financial times. If Obama gets in it's going to be a heck of a time to build a small business.

Mark
                          The I.R.S. always allows people to send them more money then they owe. The even have a form for it. For those that want higher taxes I say just send more money to the IRS they will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            If you drive a car, or truck, buy food and heat a home you are already experiencing a cut to your income. The situation will get worse if we don't get much lower prices for these things. How will the war be paid for at a cost of tens of billions a month? Who will pay for the burden of illegals on our economy?
                            Frankie, I agree with you; but there is nothing I can personally do about that; or for that matter there isn't necessarily anything our government can do about it either. Taxes on the other hand, our government can definitely do something about.

I work with several people who think that high gas prices are a good thing, because it will make us conserve more. This is the same kind of mindset that bothers me about higher taxes. The people who suggest this won't need to conserve because they aren't affected by $4-5 gas [at least one of them is honest enough to admit that]. Same thing with the people who advocate increasing taxes on the "rich" [even if they themselves are "rich"].

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Frankie, I agree with you; but there is nothing I can personally do about that; or for that matter there isn't necessarily anything our government can do about it either. Taxes on the other hand, our government can definitely do something about.

I work with several people who think that high gas prices are a good thing, because it will make us conserve more. This is the same kind of mindset that bothers me about higher taxes. The people who suggest this won't need to conserve because they aren't affected by $4-5 gas [at least one of them is honest enough to admit that]. Same thing with the people who advocate increasing taxes on the "rich" [even if they themselves are "rich"].
                              While some people can drive a little less, there are those who must drive and have no choice to cutback. I don't think raising taxes will resolve the governments problems, in much the same way as an individual who is spending beyond their means government has got to cut spending and waste. Why do politicians on both sides insist on permitting the burden on our economy posed by illegals? Why do we fight a war with ground troops and why are we not compensated by Iraq? How can our government accept the trade deficit without a plan to change it? We are supposed to be part of " The Global Economy" and yet other countries impose tarriffs and other trade restrictions that we don't? How can we survive as a country when we import most of our goods from China and make very little of what we consume? There is way too much wrong to expect either of these men to change. They are both a part of the problem that got us where we are today!

Comment

I glanced at the article quickly.

I like McCains spin on it...fact is Obama does come off like a superficial flake.

NHMaster says it absolutely perfectly...all I can hear from Obama is the word "change" being used, used and reused over and over.

What change?

On one hand we have a war vet/hero with a proven track record of being above his own agenda in favor of whats right for his country.

On the other, a young fella that has glam appeal who continually recites the word change.

I've glanced around the net at message boards and discussion forums...what truly has me disturbed are the rationale's many are using for voting for Obama.
                                Many are simply deciding against MaCain because they feel he's too old...one particularly ignorant MB post actually criticized him for not retiring after he got home from being a POW.

The youngest generation in this country has me scared to death, the decision making process is focused on "bling" and pimped out bright & shiney appeal.

We have always wondered what would happen as a result of pacifying our children by sitting them in front of a TV for hours at a time...I think we're seeing it first hand.
                                Last edited by DuckButter; 07-30-2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X