X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McCain for President?

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    Frankie, I agree with you; but there is nothing I can personally do about that; or for that matter there isn't necessarily anything our government can do about it either. Taxes on the other hand, our government can definitely do something about.

I work with several people who think that high gas prices are a good thing, because it will make us conserve more. This is the same kind of mindset that bothers me about higher taxes. The people who suggest this won't need to conserve because they aren't affected by $4-5 gas [at least one of them is honest enough to admit that]. Same thing with the people who advocate increasing taxes on the "rich" [even if they themselves are "rich"].
    Be sure to tell them to keep that in mind the next time they get a bill from the service plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      While some people can drive a little less, there are those who must drive and have no choice to cutback. I don't think raising taxes will resolve the governments problems, in much the same way as an individual who is spending beyond their means government has got to cut spending and waste. Why do politicians on both sides insist on permitting the burden on our economy posed by illegals? Why do we fight a war with ground troops and why are we not compensated by Iraq? How can our government accept the trade deficit without a plan to change it? We are supposed to be part of " The Global Economy" and yet other countries impose tarriffs and other trade restrictions that we don't? How can we survive as a country when we import most of our goods from China and make very little of what we consume? There is way too much wrong to expect either of these men to change. They are both a part of the problem that got us where we are today!
      Frankie,

I think I agree with pretty much everything you've said here.

Charles

Comment

SEE MY THREAD ON OBAMA IN AFGHANISTAN
        AFTER GERMANY I WOULD NOT WANT HIM
        AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF !
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Gotta call BS again on a lot of folks who I know are smarter than they are letting on. Anyone of you who are beating the "he only says the word 'change'" drum are being intellectually dishonest. All of his proposed policies are outlined in detail and can be found via google in less time than it takes to switch your radio from Limbaugh to Hannity. If any of you complaining about his lack of substance in his message can tell me you have actually read all of his policies and are deciding based on THAT and not idiotic sound bytes--I'll cram for the Citizenship test and vote for the candidate of your choice in the next election.

Go ahead and make your decisions with whatever information you want--or want to omit in your considerations--but please don't regurgitate the same sorry tripe that you hear from the media or the sound bytes or the pundits or the effin campaign adds and pretend to be informed about jack squat. I really think you are all better than that. Go ahead, pick apart his policies. Pick apart his plans. But if you are claiming he doesn't have any you are playing dumb.

Sure he spits out fluff in his speeches. He is telling you what you want to hear and more than that trying not to tell you what you don't want to hear. That's what ALL politicians do every cycle. BS misleading adds. disingenuous representations of the opponent. Careful pandering and out and out lying. Every candidate, every cycle. Unless you are really the lowest common denominator that these tactics are designed for rise above it and don't play that game.

At very least don't expect to be given anything better until you cut that crap out. We are the reason they do it. It works.

Eli
          Last edited by woodenstickers; 07-31-2008, 02:01 AM.
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
            AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF !
            see my post in your thread

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
              Gotta call BS again on a lot of folks who I know are smarter than they are letting on. Anyone of you who are beating the "he only says the word 'change'" drum are being intellectually dishonest. All of his proposed policies are outlined in detail and can be found via google in less time than it takes to switch your radio from Limbaugh to Hannity. If any of you complaining about his lack of substance in his message can tell me you have actually read all of his policies and are deciding based on THAT and not idiotic sound bytes--I'll cram for the Citizenship test and vote for the candidate of your choice in the next election.

Go ahead and make your decisions with whatever information you want--or want to omit in your considerations--but please don't regurgitate the same sorry tripe that you hear from the media or the sound bytes or the pundits or the effin campaign adds and pretend to be informed about jack squat. I really think you are all better than that. Go ahead, pick apart his policies. Pick apart his plans. But if you are claiming he doesn't have any you are playing dumb.

Sure he spits out fluff in his speeches. He is telling you what you want to hear and more than that trying not to tell you what you don't want to hear. That's what ALL politicians do every cycle. BS misleading adds. disingenuous representations of the opponent. Careful pandering and out and out lying. Every candidate, every cycle. Unless you are really the lowest common denominator that these tactics are designed for rise above it and don't play that game.

At very least don't expect to be given anything better until you cut that crap out. We are the reason they do it. It works.

Eli
              Bottom line is he is going to raise taxes. He will take my hard earned money and re-distribute it to people who are too lazy to work for the necessary things. Those are not policies that I agree with. If you want more of your money to go to the government just send more with what you owe during tax season.

Comment

I am not going to get into a political debate over any canidate here.

I will be casting my vote for the one I believe will cause the least amount of Damage (McCain).

I just dont believe Obama has the "Grit" , if you will, to cut it in the big house. I believe he will be run over and bullied by both parties.

I, like others have mentioned, am at a point in my life where a tax, energy, etc.. increase will not break the bank. I still dont like it, but I will survive. Howerver, many/most in this country really need to take a hard look at this election as it unfortunately will have a significant impact on them financially.

Just because you may not like either does not justify not voting.

Remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to bit*h*.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
                  I am not going to get into a political debate over any canidate here.

I will be casting my vote for the one I believe will cause the least amount of Damage (McCain).

I just dont believe Obama has the "Grit" , if you will, to cut it in the big house. I believe he will be run over and bullied by both parties.

I, like others have mentioned, am at a point in my life where a tax, energy, etc.. increase will not break the bank. I still dont like it, but I will survive. Howerver, many/most in this country really need to take a hard look at this election as it unfortunately will have a significant impact on them financially.

Just because you may not like either does not justify not voting.

Remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to bit*h*.

Regards,
                  If you've been following my posts on this Thread then you know I've flip flopped more than both candidates combined, but as a citizen with the right and duty to vote that's my prerogative. Right now I really don't like either candidate and I don't want to vote for someone I don't like! "If it comes to pass that I am one of many who don't vote in the election then I will not complain about the outcome. I am complaining right now that issues I believe are important appear to be beyond resolve by either candidate. I hope I'm wrong and pray that whoever wins will do great things to secure our borders, resolve the situation with illegals, put into action a plan to lower fuel costs, attack the problems of the trade deficit and national debt in addition to bringing our troops home. I'm asking an awful lot of one person, but our nation is in a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                    AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF !
                    That thread is based on garbage....its real crap. Do some real research instead of relying on biased rumors.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I'm closing my eyes until november 5th.

I don't like anything about this election whatsoever and there is no in sight.

Why can't I click my heels 3 times and make this all go away...?
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I love election years. They get everyone riled up!
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          Bottom line is he is going to raise taxes. He will take my hard earned money and re-distribute it to people who are too lazy to work for the necessary things. Those are not policies that I agree with. If you want more of your money to go to the government just send more with what you owe during tax season.
                          I guess you prefer taking your hard earned money by NOT raising taxes, hell give you a $600 check even, then going into so much debt with China that they own us--could break us at will. The economy is tanking under that plan. But some industries are flourishing, the ones that employed the current cabinet members you voted for last cycle like military contractors and oil men. Let's give the $$ to them, forget the people who "don't want to work" and even the majority of people who actually lost their work through the no tax PLENTY of spend policies this country has just been maimed by.

Funny that. More than one line, bottom or not to look at.

Eli

Comment

It sure is easy to blame the big oil companies but no one talks about the $32,000,000,000 they paid last quarter in taxes. Now the Liberals who helped put us here to begin with by limiting drilling want to increase taxes on the oil company. At some point the oil companies will quit pumping and just refine all foreign oil. Oh wait I forgot Obama says he has a plan.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

"BIG NEWS"
                              FIRST OFF BIG OIL COMPANY'S DON'T PAY TAX'S
                              THEY JUST PASS ALONG THE COST TO US AT THE PUMP ! !
                              IN THE 70'S OIL CRISES WE IMPORTED APPROX
                              20-30 PERCENT OIL FROM OVERSEAS
                              NOW IT'S UP TO 70-80 PERCENT SO IF WE WANT
                              TO GET AWAY FROM OPEC, WE HAVE TO START
                              INVESTING IN AMERICA FIRST, BY DRILLING,
                              NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS, ETC.
                              NO AMOUNT OF AIR IN MY TIRES IS GOING TO LOWER OIL BELOW 100.00 A BARREL
                              JERRYMAC
                              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                It sure is easy to blame the big oil companies but no one talks about the $32,000,000,000 they paid last quarter in taxes. Now the Liberals who helped put us here to begin with by limiting drilling want to increase taxes on the oil company. At some point the oil companies will quit pumping and just refine all foreign oil. Oh wait I forgot Obama says he has a plan.

Mark
                                The most profits ever reported by any company EVER in history today, wow, even with all the taxes they pay. I think they may just keep on doin what they are doin there, don' t you? Give me a break, record profits and they are about to close up shop?

Anyway, go ahead and reread what I wrote without adding anything to my point of view for me. I am not blaming the oil companies for what they are doing. Buying politicians and using them to get whatever they want is smart. Getting their own elected? Even smarter. Making record profits while the people in the country are suffering is capitalism. Making you believe that if you give them more places to pull their oil from with tax breaks for doing it will they will lower prices for you--even when ALL THE FACTS say it isn't true by using the whitehouse and presidential candidates as their spokesmen is what any dollar driven corporation could only dream to of. But they are not really to blame.

No, I am blaming you. Not McCain. Not Bush. Not Obama. You. Not big oil. Not environmentalists. You. Because you simply would rather believe your fairlytale than look at how your "team" and the other "team" are playing you as a game.

And yes, blame is easy. It's even easier to blame a "lib" whatever the hell that is than to look at our own culpability in the matter. Maybe we do deserve it.A a certain point it must seem as though we like the abuse.

Eli

Comment

Working...
                                X