X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: McCain for President?

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
    So while McCain calls for more drilling, and what else again? Here is that lousy tax and spend liberal who can't wait to raise your taxes suggesting a tax raise--wait, tax cut?? To help ease the strain on those who like Frankie are really being hurt in this crisis? Or maybe this is a redistribution of wealth to lazy non-working Americans?

Spin away fellas.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-...rss=topstories

Eli
    Eli, why are you dead set against drilling?

Comment

Done and done. Only our current administration did it by pretending to give us our own $600 back while spending billions and billions of dollars on a misguided war and putting us in debt to China. Your wealth will be going there, with interest, just not while they are in office. A lot of that did end up in American contractors hands, mostly Cheney's old company, a ton of that for services not rendered or accounted for. But hell, as long as poor people don't get any of it.

I'd buy the bullets for you with my tax rebate check for you but it already has been long sent to Condi's former company in the form of two months worth of gas price hikes.

Talk about wealth redistribution. Or don't, I won't be surprised.
      Eli
      Talk about spin

Comment

So while McCain calls for more drilling, and what else again? Here is that lousy tax and spend liberal who can't wait to raise your taxes suggesting a tax raise--wait, tax cut?? To help ease the strain on those who like Frankie are really being hurt in this crisis? Or maybe this is a redistribution of wealth to lazy non-working Americans?

Spin away fellas.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-...rss=topstories

Eli

What a great idea he wants to take profits from the oil company and give it to the consumers. As I recall the last time the government went after the oil companies profits under Carter we waited hours in gas lines. As a matter of fact some days I couldn't go to work at all because it was not my allotted day to buy gas. Anytime a Politician tells you he is giving you a rebate it costs us all more money.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Gotta call BS again on a lot of folks who I know are smarter than they are letting on. Anyone of you who are beating the "he only says the word 'change'" drum are being intellectually dishonest. All of his proposed policies are outlined in detail and can be found via google in less time than it takes to switch your radio from Limbaugh to Hannity. If any of you complaining about his lack of substance in his message can tell me you have actually read all of his policies and are deciding based on THAT and not idiotic sound bytes--I'll cram for the Citizenship test and vote for the candidate of your choice in the next election.

Go ahead and make your decisions with whatever information you want--or want to omit in your considerations--but please don't regurgitate the same sorry tripe that you hear from the media or the sound bytes or the pundits or the effin campaign adds and pretend to be informed about jack squat. I really think you are all better than that. Go ahead, pick apart his policies. Pick apart his plans. But if you are claiming he doesn't have any you are playing dumb.

Sure he spits out fluff in his speeches. He is telling you what you want to hear and more than that trying not to tell you what you don't want to hear. That's what ALL politicians do every cycle. BS misleading adds. disingenuous representations of the opponent. Careful pandering and out and out lying. Every candidate, every cycle. Unless you are really the lowest common denominator that these tactics are designed for rise above it and don't play that game.

At very least don't expect to be given anything better until you cut that crap out. We are the reason they do it. It works.

Eli
          So do I read this right that you are NOT a U.S. citizen?

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
            So do I read this right that you are NOT a U.S. citizen?
            Yes. I am a legal US resident who pays taxes and has an American Father and two American Brothers an American Sister and and American Fiance. I went to Junior high and high school in the US. Sadly I know more about American history than most people I meet who were born here.

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Yes. I am a legal US resident who pays taxes and has an American Father and two American Brothers an American Sister and and American Fiance. I went to Junior high and high school in the US. Sadly I know more about American history than most people I meet who were born here.

Eli
              So I guess resident doesn't = citizen?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                What a great idea he wants to take profits from the oil company and give it to the consumers. As I recall the last time the government went after the oil companies profits under Carter we waited hours in gas lines. As a matter of fact some days I couldn't go to work at all because it was not my allotted day to buy gas. Anytime a Politician tells you he is giving you a rebate it costs us all more money.

Mark
                I totally agree with you on this one. I wasn't alive during Carter. Maybe your theory of congruence between him and Obama is dead on, but honestly, I don't like the way you have oversimplified complex issues and used those simplifications to politicize--be it ignoring what "cons" have done or picking out whatever aspects of a problem you can blame on "libs" in order to shore up your own politics. Because of this I can't feel like you are telling em the whole truth.

What people will refuse to believe here, and therefor think I am "dead set against drilling" for example, is that the reason I come so hard from the left in these discussions is because the other side is so overstated the discussion is unbalanced. I like to think you guys know that what you are saying is only part of the story. I like to think that you know that your own party is just as full of it as the one you attack.

I am not against all drilling. I am against uninformed going off of whatever misinformation gets spit out by a candidate--either one.

I don't like Obama's tax plan at all. I don't like the idea of rebates, I don't like the idea of tax hikes. I don't like the way they spend the money they take from you and me and I don't want to trust them with one more cent. I don't trust THIS government to come up with a non-corrupt, working uni-health care plan and I don't want them to take my money to prove they will screw it up.

But come on, man! Saying that opening up our coasts and unexploited land to oil barrons--whether they deserve their profits or not--is not in the peoples best interests. This is not a tree-hugging talking point, I truly believe that it is not our right to do that to our future generations because we can't get our crap together, and have refused to out of corporations greed and our own apathy for my entire life. It is not how I want to live my life and not how I think the country should be run.

And as for McCain, his "gas tax holiday" idea is a crock, and everyone knows it. The drilling idea was called a "psychological solution" by Bush himself. Show me how, and please don't pretend that bubbled and inflated and speculated oil price fluctuations are proof because EVERY expert says it isn't so, drilling offshore will lower prices for us? Remember, in 10 years China and India will be using far more than the difference in oil we produce--even at it's highest estimates which are unlikely. The oil is priced on a world market. Are you really expecting me to believe that our oil production companies will sell it to us under market value? You think that is the case?

Look, especially you Mark, I fully accept that there are things I am wrong about, things I am off on, things I am biased about. I not only expect, but am certain that you have well thought out and backed up opinions that include experience and knowledge I just do not posses, and despite my flare ups of inappropriateness I really do respect you that way. But you are not presenting that here. Show me how I'm wrong. Show me how drilling is more than a political and industrial power move.

Eli

Comment

So I guess resident doesn't = citizen?
                  Obviously. I guess you are lucky you don't have to take a test to get your citizenship.

Comment

Obviously. I guess you are lucky you don't have to take a test to get your citizenship.
                    I am very lucky to have been born a US citizen, I wasn't being fecetious, I actually didn't realise you answered yes first to my question, but be that as it may.

I hope I don't offend you or anyone else here but for someone who is not a citizen you should really work on getting your citizenship first before you criticize this country, because the way I see it is if you are not a citizen you have no right to bash this government no matter which party is in charge. I understand you are here legally but I refuse to listen to criticism about this country from someone who doesn't even hold citizenship, sorry.
                    If the country is that bad why stay?

Complaining about a country you don't hold citizenship in is kind of like owning a plumbing business without the necessary licenses and insurance.
                    Last edited by Masterplumb; 08-01-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I respect Eli regardless of his nationality. He is an intelligent human being, and he obviously has interesting political ideas, regardless of wether we agree with them or what citizenship status he is.

My wife is not a US citizen either. She still has valid opinions about the world.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        I respect Eli regardless of his nationality. He is an intelligent human being, and he obviously has interesting political ideas, regardless of wether we agree with them or what citizenship status he is.

My wife is not a US citizen either. She still has valid opinions about the world.
                        I have nothing against legal residents, I swear, but......If it is so bad here........See ya!

Comment

I hope I don't offend you or anyone else here but for someone who is not a citizen you should really work on getting your citizenship first before you criticize this country, because the way I see it is if you are not a citizen you have no right to bash this government no matter which party is in charge. I understand you are here legally but I refuse to listen to criticism about this country from someone who doesn't even hold citizenship, sorry.

Complaining about a country you don't hold citizenship in is kind of like owning a plumbing business without the necessary licenses and insurance.
                          I don't think that Eli is really criticizing our country; but rather our current administration which isn't the same thing.

Comment

I am very lucky to have been born a US citizen, I wasn't being fecetious, I actually didn't realise you answered yes first to my question, but be that as it may.

Oh well. We just disagree about that. For the folks who can see more than me not liking certain things about this GOVERNMENT and realize that being born here doesn't change my ability to see what is happening, I'll just keep on posting and you can block me.

But guess what, luckily I have as much right to an opinion as you do, as much legal right to be here as you do, pay as much taxes and social security and contribute just as much to the economy as you do. I was even registered with selective services and bound to fight for this country if called upon.

Also luckily you don't have to be well informed to make your vote. Nope, all you had to do was be born on this side of the line. Maybe someday you will feel like that isn't the biggest contribution you or anyone can make to the country. Until then, good work on that part sir. You did a great job being born into your citizenship. Now act like you deserve it and learn a bit more about "your" country. Start with who has a right to an opinion and to voice it. I'll give you a hint on this one, whether you like, think I should, it pisses you off or you respect it, MUCH greater men than you made it so even I can. If you don't like that maybe you should look into relocating?

Eli
                            Last edited by woodenstickers; 08-02-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I have nothing against legal residents, I swear, but......If it is so bad here........See ya!
                              Or they can simply stay and ***** about this country. Isn't it awesome!

I love freedom more than anything. I (and my wife) live here because here we can burn the flag and talk smack about this country and the government freely all we want. The day I cannot do these things is the day I leave.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                                I don't think that Eli is really criticizing our country; but rather our current administration which isn't the same thing.
                                I thing your wrong here Charles, and I know I probably hit home with that last statement but it's a bit more then him criticizing the current administration. What right does a non-citizen have to tell us what we should do or not do, like drilling and everything else he criticizes. Theres more to it and Im sorry if I hit a nerve with those that have legal residents for spouses. Its the way I am, I would never go to your house and criticize how you raise your kids and run your household.

Comment

Working...
                                X