Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCain for President?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McCain for President?

    Looks like I may be voting for John McCain when the time comes. Much as I dislike the idea of remaining in iraq and some of his other policies I find nothing to convince me to vote for Obama. I cannot understand the lack of positive action or at the very least promising words by the democrats towards addressing the oil crisis. I never agreed with drilling in the USA for fear of damaging our beautiful land and coastal areas. I also don't trust that prices will come down without some sort of guarantee by Big Oil, but give McCain credit for suggesting we proceed with local drilling. I am sick and tired of talk without anything to back it up and it appears that John McCain will back it up! Sorry, but for a guy who talks about change I am not seeing it from Obama.

  • #2
    Re: McCain for President?

    Franki, I gotta say I am blown away

    After reading your past posts on healthcare, welfare, politics, the economy, the war, politics, gas prices, pay wages, politics, consumer spending, politics...the list goes on

    I didn't figure you for a Republican...welcome to the Dark side

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: McCain for President?

      Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Franki, I gotta say I am blown away

      After reading your past posts on healthcare, welfare, politics, the economy, the war, politics, gas prices, pay wages, politics, consumer spending, politics...the list goes on

      I didn't figure you for a Republican...welcome to the Dark side
      It hurts to hear those words but I'm not left any choice. I'm weighing the lesser of two evils and although I don't expect miracles from McCain he and those guys you mentioned (this is killing me) offer something whereas Obama and the other guys are not. I need to think beyond iraq, taxes, borders, illegals and other important issues and focus on the most important in my life at the moment. I know this sounds selfish and it is but it is a matter of survival. If Obama and the democrats came out with a plan to offset the cost of oil products, implement alternative energies with a time table and resources, something anything I could sink my teeth into it would not push me to vote R.......n. I would imagine even with approval it will take some time before we see results at the pump, but the thought of Americans working towards a positive result are exciting. I also think it will put some fear or second thoughts into the minds of foreign oil producers. We still would benefit from safe nuclear energy if we could get it built? Today I listened to a Republican Congressman talk about plug in and hybrid cars, looks like we old dogs are learning new tricks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: McCain for President?

        Obama going to win anyway.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: McCain for President?

          Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          Obama going to win anyway.
          There is a good chance of that happening, I just don't see him and the democratic Congress accomplishing much aside from chasing their tails. They are against the drilling, okay I can see that but what about Nuclear? What are they offering in the way of a solution? I need more to go on than hype.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: McCain for President?

            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Looks like I may be voting for John McCain when the time comes. Much as I dislike the idea of remaining in iraq and some of his other policies I find nothing to convince me to vote for Obama. I cannot understand the lack of positive action or at the very least promising words by the democrats towards addressing the oil crisis. I never agreed with drilling in the USA for fear of damaging our beautiful land and coastal areas. I also don't trust that prices will come down without some sort of guarantee by Big Oil, but give McCain credit for suggesting we proceed with local drilling. I am sick and tired of talk without anything to back it up and it appears that John McCain will back it up! Sorry, but for a guy who talks about change I am not seeing it from Obama.
            Thik of it this way Franki. There was talk today in Saudi Arabia that they rounded up some 500 people that were planning to blow up the oil fields. What would that do to the price of oil?

            Even if it doesnt cut costs down the road, which I dont agree with, at least if we drill and get oil here we have less of a chance of a terrorist attack against our oil interests.
            Last edited by Masterplumb; 06-26-2008, 07:45 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: McCain for President?

              Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
              Thik of it this way Franki. There was talk today in Saudi Arabia that they rounded up some 500 people that were planning to blow up the oil fields. What would that do to the price of oil?

              Even if it doesnt cut costs down the road, which I dont agree with, at least if we drill and get oil here we have less of a chance of a terrorist attack against oil interests.
              That's a good point and one I really didn't consider until today. We have got to start moving towards energy independance, drilling , nuclear and the alternatives. Heard a guy has plans to harness the energy from a tornado which he generates, says it could power a small city? I am confident that sitting around talking change without something to back it up will get us nowhere. Watched a News clip the other night where a republican Congressman talked of visiting ANWAR and how it was void of all life, no caribu, nothing. The area of exploration would be compared to a postage stamp on a football field. Still McCain has a long way to go because of the comparissons to President Bush. Wheter or not all these problems can be blamed on the president it does not change the fact that we spent hundreds of billions in iraq and lost thousands of lives, the price of gasoline, diesel, home heating fuel, food and everything else that has gone through the roof does not help either.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: McCain for President?

                Recognizing myself as a Republican was a jagged little pill for me to swallow as well Franki

                Once you taste the Kool Aid you'll find it quite refreshing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: McCain for President?

                  Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Recognizing myself as a Republican was a jagged little pill for me to swallow as well Franki

                  Once you taste the Kool Aid you'll find it quite refreshing
                  I guess I fall under the Republican umbrella, but I really like to consider mself a conservative. I wish we were strong enough to break away from the Republican party or just make them re-think their stances on spending.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: McCain for President?

                    Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Recognizing myself as a Republican was a jagged little pill for me to swallow as well Franki

                    Once you taste the Kool Aid you'll find it quite refreshing
                    Good post, I enjoyed it. Problem will be if Obama wins and does nothing we slide further downhill and I McCain wins and does not follow through on his promises same story. Next election? I couldn't imagine paying $4.50 for a gallon of gas just a couple of years ago, will I be equally shocked if it reaches $7.00? Going to be a sad, tragic Winter for many regardless and oil is still being traded and climbing!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: McCain for President?

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Good post, I enjoyed it. Problem will be if Obama wins and does nothing we slide further downhill and I McCain wins and does not follow through on his promises same story. Next election? I couldn't imagine paying $4.50 for a gallon of gas just a couple of years ago, will I be equally shocked if it reaches $7.00? Going to be a sad, tragic Winter for many regardless and oil is still being traded and climbing!
                      Heard something in the news today that within 2 years it could be as much as $7.
                      Oil just breached $140 a barrel today.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: McCain for President?

                        Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        Heard something in the news today that within 2 years it could be as much as $7.
                        Oil just breached $140 a barrel today.
                        Diesel is $5.75 at some gas stations here. There are more taxes on the road diesel, but still $6 dollar heating oil will probably hit me come January (for the rest of the year I'm at $3.299).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: McCain for President?

                          Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          I guess I fall under the Republican umbrella, but I really like to consider mself a conservative. I wish we were strong enough to break away from the Republican party or just make them re-think their stances on spending.
                          I agree with this whole heartedly. Republicans have been just as bad as Democrats the last 8 years in coming up with new ways to spend our money.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: McCain for President?

                            I will vote for every will take the least amount of tax dollers from me. It looks like McCain my man. Now lets go get that oil and build some nuc.power plants

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: McCain for President?

                              Interesting, but almost every article I've read seems to point to better tax breaks with Obama, unless you're making $millions; for example:

                              http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news...ion=2008061111


                              CWS
                              Last edited by CWSmith; 06-30-2008, 01:26 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X