Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Amendment Ruling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

    Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
    See amendment 14.

    This means little to the rest of the fifty states, Washington DC is not a state, and therefore is not subject to the 14th amendment.
    While we are on the subject of DC and Amendments....

    DC pays the second highest Federal tax per capita but does NOT have a representitive in the House or Senate. No say whatsoever on how those tax dollars are spent.

    We need another Amendment!

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

      First off the use of the word state as used in the 2nd Amendment did not mean a literal State. Secondly while this ruling over turned the DC ban the big win was the Court made an interpretation of the 2nd Amendment which before this they had always refused to do. Now short of repealing the 2nd Amendment, legal citizens should be able to possess firearms with some restrictions. What really bothers me though was the Judges which dissented did based on their concerns this would over turn gun laws elsewhere. Those Judges should be tossed out on their ears because they are trying to make law which is not their job. Their job is only to interpret and administer current laws.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

        Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        While we are on the subject of DC and Amendments....

        DC pays the second highest Federal tax per capita but does NOT have a representitive in the House or Senate. No say whatsoever on how those tax dollars are spent.

        We need another Amendment!
        Yeah but DC is also the place which elected the Pimp Daddy Mayor Barry. I would be afraid to see who you guys would send to the Congress.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          First off the use of the word state as used in the 2nd Amendment did not mean a literal State. Secondly while this ruling over turned the DC ban the big win was the Court made an interpretation of the 2nd Amendment which before this they had always refused to do. Now short of repealing the 2nd Amendment, legal citizens should be able to possess firearms with some restrictions. What really bothers me though was the Judges which dissented did based on their concerns this would over turn gun laws elsewhere. Those Judges should be tossed out on their ears because they are trying to make law which is not their job. Their job is only to interpret and administer current laws.

          Mark
          The fact that the Supreme court agreed to restrictions tells me that this decision is going to get challenged almost immediately, look for Illinois to be the first state to challenge this.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

            Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
            The fact that the Supreme court agreed to restrictions tells me that this decision is going to get challenged almost immediately, look for Illinois to be the first state to challenge this.
            I guess we will have to see as it took the Court almost 70-years to take a second look at the Amendment this time.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

              Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Yeah but DC is also the place which elected the Pimp Daddy Mayor Barry. I would be afraid to see who you guys would send to the Congress.

              Mark
              We might send him

              He STILL holds a Councilman seat in Ward 8 with 95% of the vote!

              No wonder this city is such a pisspot

              "That b*tch set me up"

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Yeah but DC is also the place which elected the Pimp Daddy Mayor Barry. I would be afraid to see who you guys would send to the Congress.

                Mark
                Mark just used "pimp daddy" in a sentence

                This new law will only continue to keep the honest people honest.
                I love my plumber

                "My Hero"

                Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Mark just used "pimp daddy" in a sentence
                  I'm confused, if you don't use it in a sentence where would you use it?

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I'm confused, if you don't use it in a sentence where would you use it?

                    Mark
                    Whatever!
                    I love my plumber

                    "My Hero"

                    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                      Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Whatever!

                      LOL-That's too funny as that was the exact response I expected.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I'm confused, if you don't use it in a sentence where would you use it?

                        Mark


                        Name:  24122d908ba853b4f93f9105b0d9ec24.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  116.4 KB

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                          I know of no other forum that can derail a topic so drastically...this one was derailed by the O/P!

                          Pimp Daddy...sheesh!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                            Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            I know of no other forum that can derail a topic so drastically...this one was derailed by the O/P!

                            Pimp Daddy...sheesh!
                            Why whatever are you talking about?

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling and Pimp Daddies From DC

                              It's not derailed until they get talking about the round up, again.

                              Before the round up it was sectional vs drum.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

                                Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                                Today is a great day to be an American. We won this all so important second ammendment ruling.

                                This is going to be George W. Bush's legacy. Say what you want about him, he has made many mistakes during his 7+ years in office. But today sealed his legacy. Had it not been for his appointment of judges Roberts and Alito, 2 centralist conservitives, us gun owners could have had our right to keep and bear arms taken out from under us today.

                                Take this into consideration as you think about who you will pull the lever for this November, what would have happened today if Al Gore would have won in 2000? Or if Kerry would have won in 2004? We would be looking at a different outcome with the judges they would have appointed.

                                Its not about the lesser of the 2 evils as I hear people say when they ponder who to vote for. Its an important decision and you should think about who represents your beliefs (or who closer represents them)no matter who it is, as the president's decision CAN impact our way of life.
                                Today is a good day to be an American.
                                I cant agree with you more. Who do you think is more likely to appoint a gun grabbing judge: mccain or obama? Vote accordingly, the most important thing the pres does is choose supreme court judges.
                                www.TheWoodCellar.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X