2nd Amendment Ruling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

Don't get pulled into the Dems Vs. Reps argument of who wants to take your (our) guns away. If truth be known, both would like to take our guns away --much easier to control the population if the guns are removed. All you have to do is look at European countries pre-WWII. Reps learned LONG ago, that a way to get elected and gain popularity is to appear pro-gun. Dems are now learning that trick as many have already come out praising this new court decision. Both parties are smart enough to know that most of the gun vs. gun control argument is a bunch of B--- S--- because of the criminal element involved. Guns crimes are, in 99% of the cases, not caused by legal guns owned by law-abiding citizens. They are caused by criminals who do not obey the law. Gun laws (concealed carry, possession of weapons, selling of illegal weapons, ownership of banned weapons, and most importantly using a gun to commit a crime) mean absolutely NOTHING to a criminal -- why, you ask? Because he is a CRIMINAL. He has no regard for the law, no matter what it is. So gun crimes are not going to be removed from the face of this green earth with the passage of a whole encyclopedia of gun laws. Politicians, both R. and D. are dumber than a box of rocks, but they are smart enough to know this and continue to use these gun control arguments (pro gun control or anti gun control) to make their points with their constituents and get elected cause of the "feel good" hype that it spreads. We, as gun owners and citizens, are not too bright, because we make rash judgements and voting decisions based on this cockamamie BS argument about oh, this guy or that guy is going to take your gun away. Nonsense. Brighten up and stop buying into the politicians' BS. If they ever ever ever dare to try to take guns away in this country, there would be revolution that would make 1776 look like paradise. There are way too many guns, there are way to many people with guns, and there are way too many people who know how to make their own guns, for the pols in this great US of A to ever start going door to door to pick them up. Not unless you want to see a whole lot of melee going on.
    Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      Where and when has the CONSTITUTIONAL right to keep and bear arms been changed.

Ill be waiting for your answer
      U.S. v. Miller in 1939
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Jim, believe me I know what politicians are all about. Most of them change positions like the weather. But if you truly do your research, you can tell who the real gun guys are or aren't.

Comment

MP,
          Sure, to a degree, there are exceptions to EVERY rule. But my view:

Do you know what six dead politicians on the bottom of Lake Michigan is?

A GOOD START.

Cheers,

Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            U.S. v. Miller in 1939

Where is the changes to the constitutional right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

Comment

It supports the idea that certain restrictions can be place on the type of firearms available to citizens. This is basically why the States and local government are able to limit firearm ownership. The problem DC had is they banned firearms altogether. Because of US v. Miller, States like California get to restrict gun ownership to a point where it has become ridiculous.

Mark

Comment

How about you use common sense, like if you decide to rob a bank with a gun, or if you rob someone at gunpoint, or maybe if you kidnap someone with a gun, carjack someone, etc etc etc. If someone breaks into your home you have the RIGHT to defend yourself. You are trying to make a mockery out of my statement. There is such a thing as common sense....try using it.

I agree common sense should be used, but it is not by the courts or by the government or many in power,

but by your statement one could get life in prision, by jay walking if you pass a blanket law as you stated,

and as pointed out defending your self is not legal in many instances, (right or wrong it or they are LAWS) so to pass another law to do life if some one breaks a law when in possession of a fire arm is a very dangerous thing, all I am saying you better use common sense of the system that is in place not what one wishes it was,

~~~~~~~~~~~

you said changed to FEDERAL FIREARM LAWS, not changes to the Constitution,

As one should have figured out by now what FEDERAL LAWS are, and the CONSTITUTION is are two different things in reality, now weather they should be or not that is an entirely different argument. There are many many laws that exist that are not even part of the Constitution or have any resemblance to what the founding fathers had in mind. and the FEDS have taken on powers that were never granted them under the Constitution
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

go and buy a new one to day?

you can't you can only buy one that is on the books all ready.

apply for a manufacturing licence and try to make one.

A nuclear power plant can not even new ones for there security forces,

Black Water got raided here in the past few days and they took the sheriffs offices class III weapons that were stored on the property,

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...ids-black.html
                  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25394941/
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    It supports the idea that certain restrictions can be place on the type of firearms available to citizens. This is basically why the States and local government are able to limit firearm ownership. The problem DC had is they banned firearms altogether. Because of US v. Miller, States like California get to restrict gun ownership to a point where it has become ridiculous.

Mark
                    Look I am pro gun, but there is also no reason for a citizen to be in possesion of an uzi or any other fully automatic gun. Like I said, common sense must be used as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      I agree common sense should be used, but it is not by the courts or by the government or many in power,

but by your statement one could get life in prision, by jay walking if you pass a blanket law as you stated,

and as pointed out defending your self is not legal in many instances, (right or wrong it or they are LAWS) so to pass another law to do life if some one breaks a law when in possession of a fire arm is a very dangerous thing, all I am saying you better use common sense of the system that is in place not what one wishes it was,

~~~~~~~~~~~

you said changed to FEDERAL FIREARM LAWS, not changes to the Constitution,

As one should have figured out by now what FEDERAL LAWS are, and the CONSTITUTION is are two different things in reality, now weather they should be or not that is an entirely different argument. There are many many laws that exist that are not even part of the Constitution or have any resemblance to what the founding fathers had in mind. and the FEDS have taken on powers that were never granted them under the Constitution
                      I guess I took it that most of us were reasonable people, so I guess that is my mistake but I never meantto insinuate that jay walking while possesing a gun would be reason for life in jail. I figured common sense would be applied.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                        go and buy a new one to day?

you can't you can only buy one that is on the books all ready.

apply for a manufacturing licence and try to make one.

A nuclear power plant can not even new ones for there security forces,

Black Water got raided here in the past few days and they took the sheriffs offices class III weapons that were stored on the property,

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...ids-black.html
                        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25394941/
                        I just put a new smith and wesson SW99 40 caliber on my permit 4 months ago. Transaction went smooth, no glitches.

Comment

Common sense???? California and 3 strikes and your out, a guy is hungry, steals a pizza and gets sent to jail for life, his 3rd strike. Now the state residents pay for this guy pizza. My god, the man was hungry, wheres common sense with that????

My point is, if the law wants to make an example out of you they can.....
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                            Common sense???? California and 3 strikes and your out, a guy is hungry, steals a pizza and gets sent to jail for life, his 3rd strike. Now the state residents pay for this guy pizza. My god, the man was hungry, wheres common sense with that????

My point is, if the law wants to make an example out of you they can.....
                            I believe it is 3-violent felonies so unless he used a weapon to steal the pizza it would not count. If he uses a weapon it doesn't matter whether it was a pizza or a million dollars he is threatening a life.

Mark

Comment

Repeated offenders multiple felony's 1994. This has nothing to do with violent nature crimes, one guy had 3 past burglary gets caught with a very small amount of coke and is sentenced to life.

Now it has been changed to go after the more serious offenders, but the way the law was written up back in 1994, the Judges had to go by the law and nail all of them. Now, the guys with these lessor crimes can appeal to get released, and I'll bet cha I know why, the dang jails are over flowing with criminals and our states cannot afford all these criminals....

Put em on an Island and say good bye, shark bait someday....
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                                BHD,
                                Defending yourself in many places is illegal even without a gun.
                                It's now illegal to yell at, or flip someone the bird in traffic in my state, not kidding...it's a crime.
                                Raise your voice at your kids...a crime, domestic abuse.
                                Smoking in public, a crime in many towns here now.

My queue to leave is when they decide eating red meat is a crime...thats when I'm off to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X