Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Amendment Ruling

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
    It's now illegal to yell at, or flip someone the bird in traffic in my state, not kidding...it's a crime.
    Raise your voice at your kids...a crime, domestic abuse.
    Smoking in public, a crime in many towns here now.

My queue to leave is when they decide eating red meat is a crime...thats when I'm off to Canada.
    Are you sure they would want another red meat eating American?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      It's now illegal to yell at, or flip someone the bird in traffic in my state, not kidding...it's a crime.
      Raise your voice at your kids...a crime, domestic abuse.
      Smoking in public, a crime in many towns here now.

My queue to leave is when they decide eating red meat is a crime...thats when I'm off to Canada.
      \

Let me know when you are going. I will call my friend Tinmack. He is not only my friend....he is also my Avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        The reason it passed is because of the 2 judges he nominated to the bench. Had he selected a more liberal justice, the people of D.C. would not be allowed to possess a gun, which just happens to be a constitutional right. The reason for it's importance is due to the fact that one by one the liberal politicians and judges are trying to take our god given rights away, one by one.
        I get that, but I don't get the statement that it is Bush's legacy. As a matter of fact, there is no way it is his legacy. I guess you are forgetting about habeas corpus, the war in Iraq, the complete Katrina debacle, Bin Laden still at large, the largest growth of government INCLUDING entitlement programs and pork, one of the worst approval ratings in history, "mission accomplished" $5.00 gas, secret prisons, and like I said before, malaria...etc...

Kind of a stretch there, buddy-boy.

Eli
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

The Miller case in 1939 wasn't really a ruling on the 2nd amendment, rather an opinion that a sawed off shotgun has no basis in military applications, and therefore can be banned.

That being said, I fear a government that is afraid of it's citizen's, and taking away my gun is an outright admission of fear.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            I get that, but I don't get the statement that it is Bush's legacy. As a matter of fact, there is no way it is his legacy. I guess you are forgetting about habeas corpus, the war in Iraq, the complete Katrina debacle, Bin Laden still at large, the largest growth of government INCLUDING entitlement programs and pork, one of the worst approval ratings in history, "mission accomplished" $5.00 gas, secret prisons, and like I said before, malaria...etc...

Eli
            Habeas corpus for enemy combatants? Doesn't apply. The war in Iraq? Millions liberated from one of the most tyranical regimes. Katrina debacle? I wouldn't lay that at Bush's feet first. Bin Landen still at large? Let's deal with the Muslims that have a gun in our face now. He'll find his 70 virgins/raisins soon enough. "Mission accomplished", perhaps bad timing but we had toppled the regime at that point. $5.00 gas? More the dems and enviros fault. Secret prisons? way to go. I hope they got some info that saved alot of people. Malaria? Could you clarify that,please.

Now if you want to complain about his stance on our porous borders, lack of support for our border guards, failure to rein in the IRS, signed nearly every pork project that the congress sent him and failure to clean house at the state dept, then I'm with you there.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
              The Miller case in 1939 wasn't really a ruling on the 2nd amendment, rather an opinion that a sawed off shotgun has no basis in military applications, and therefore can be banned.

That being said, I fear a government that is afraid of it's citizen's, and taking away my gun is an outright admission of fear.
              Actually it held up the Constitutionality that certain guns could be banned as the Miller defence was really out to over throw the NFA which had been made law a few years earlier. Miller was trying to say the NFA was in conflict with the 2nd Amendment and the courts said the 2nd Amendment did not give unregulated rights to own firearms. Some courts took Miller to the extreme and said the Court said the 2nd Amendment did not give regular citizens the right to bear arms based on the Miller ruling.

Mark
              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-27-2008, 10:56 PM.
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                Habeas corpus for enemy combatants? Doesn't apply.

You can be declared eligible for this at any time under the law now. Yes you. At any time. Maybe you should look into the power it really granted. It's obvious you blindly trust the government, but the 2nd amendment was put in place with the warning that you shouldn't.

The war in Iraq? Millions liberated from one of the most tyranical regimes.

Horribly planned. Not the reason we went into it. Much more murderous regimes STILL IN POWER RIGHT NOW. How many billions, going on trillions did it cost? Took resources from the actual war on the people who attacked our country. More civilians killed since the liberation than under Saddam. The "liberated" want us out. Into debt to China for generations now because of this crap and you think it is good for America? We are much more vulnerable now than we ever were. It was completely inept and hurt us very badly.

Katrina debacle? I wouldn't lay that at Bush's feet first.

Second, third, fourth...he gets some of it. FEMA. First letter in that is federal. Still hasn't explained his appointment there, has he? Heckufa job Brownie? Bull.

Bin Landen still at large? Let's deal with the Muslims that have a gun in our face now. He'll find his 70 virgins/raisins soon enough.

Are you saying let him die of old age? You have to be a pretty hard core Bush apologist to think this is a solution.

"Mission accomplished", perhaps bad timing but we had toppled the regime at that point.

To say the least. Worst violence and most civilian and AMERICAN deaths to come after. Keep apologizing.

$5.00 gas? More the dems and enviros fault.

A few weeks ago he was shocked that there was going to be $4.00 gas. He is the president. His cabinet has a conflict of interest with the oil companies and his family has a conflict of interest with the Saudis. As long as there is an "R" by his name it's all good though right? So lets go drill. Lets make it so you can walk from alaska to So CAl on the oil dereks without getting your feet wet. Than what happens in 100 years? Who cares, we'll just borrow the time as well as the money from our future generations. Real conservative ideal there.

Secret prisons? way to go. I hope they got some info that saved alot of people.

Bin Laden got a lot in common with that stance. You shouldn't be on threads talking about what is "American" if you think that this kind of crap is.

Malaria? Could you clarify that,please.

Pretty funny. The only thing on the list that should have you defending Bush and you have no clue. If it's not about shooting someone, or blowing up a far off country, or blaming a bleeding heart lib, or trusting the government to decide who should and shouldn't be tortured--as long as you don't know them, well it ain't worth knowing. Look it up. Google is your friend.

Now if you want to complain about his stance on our porous borders, lack of support for our border guards, failure to rein in the IRS, signed nearly every pork project that the congress sent him and failure to clean house at the state dept, then I'm with you there.

If you could actually answer any of the claims I made about him with more than "the libs did it, I wouldn't blame him, good for our team if it helps us win" and a bunch of other weak, uninformed talking points I'd feel a lot better about you being with me on it.
                Don't believe everything you hear. You have some research to do.

Comment

Eli
                  Its right in your face and you cant see it. Like I said it is Bush's legacy, you're just looking at it from the other side of the fence pal-o-mine.

Comment

I just put a new smith and wesson SW99 40 caliber on my permit 4 months ago. Transaction went smooth, no glitches.
                    that was not a Class III firearm was it,(as the discussion in that question was about), try to get the paper work for converting a AK or AR, or any other rattle gun type,
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Habeas corpus was repealed by Abe Lincoln for the duration of the civil war. Abe Lincoln also had the entire Maryland Legislature arrested without charging them for any crime because he didn't want them to vote on secession. Most people dont know this but the pres. can do pretty much anything he wants to, not necessarily legally, but they can do it. It is up to congress to impeach a pres if they feel his actions warrant it and if the action is politically popular. Bush is a lightweight next to Lincoln. The libs scream their little heads off over this habeas corpus nonsense, not a single US citizen has been a victim of this.
                      Personally, I think Bush is a fool for not having every one of those scumsuckers in guantanamo executed. He can do it legally. They are enemy combatants who were captured out of uniform, under the Geneva convention that makes them spies, spies can be executed without trial.
                      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                        Habeas corpus was repealed by Abe Lincoln for the duration of the civil war. Abe Lincoln also had the entire Maryland Legislature arrested without charging them for any crime because he didn't want them to vote on secession. Most people dont know this but the pres. can do pretty much anything he wants to, not necessarily legally, but they can do it. It is up to congress to impeach a pres if they feel his actions warrant it and if the action is politically popular. Bush is a lightweight next to Lincoln. The libs scream their little heads off over this habeas corpus nonsense, not a single US citizen has been a victim of this.
                        Personally, I think Bush is a fool for not having every one of those scumsuckers in guantanamo executed. He can do it legally. They are enemy combatants who were captured out of uniform, under the Geneva convention that makes them spies, spies can be executed without trial.
                        Go back and read the thread. The statement was that this decision would seal Bush's legacy. I'm pointing out the numerous things that have been far more reaching and have had far more impact on this country and abroad. It has been more than just libs screaming about Bush and his time in office. But if it helps you to draw sides instead of look at what has actually gone on, go to it. It is so tiresome. You can still hate libs AND see what Bush has done to this country without getting your reactionary card pulled you know.

If the president being able to do whatever he wants is a defense, I guess you wouldn't care if the next one infringes on the 2nd amendment then? What if it was just that it COULD be suspended, but hadn't been yet? No, I think you would care, although maybe only if it was a Dem who did it. You can't have it both ways outside of your head, only inside.

As far as executing all the prisoners in GitMo, you better hope whoever is in power next doesn't think you are a scum sucker. In one thread we are talking about the 2nd amendment that was written to keep the government from turning tyrannical, then the same folks who claim their glock will protect them from our military want to give the same government the right to detain, torture and kill anyone they see fit by applying vague terms to them?

If you want this country to maintain it's higher standard then you have to live by it too, even if it isn't you who is getting hurt. If you can't see that then you are just like the "scum suckers". I have no respect for the glass parking lot crowd. I just hope you never are in a position to actually make a call on who should and shouldn't be executed.

Eli

Comment

Its right in your face and you cant see it. Like I said it is Bush's legacy, you're just looking at it from the other side of the fence pal-o-mine.
                          Vast majority of the country, most of the world, and history will disagree. But hey, if all he had to do to keep you happy while he rode this country down into the dirt like all the other projects he ever headed was let you keep you bang-bang--four more years!

Eli

Comment

The scum suckers in Gitmo are spies by definition of the Geneva convention. They should be treated as such.
                            My criticism is that Bush is a fool who is playing court games with the scum at Gitmo when he doesn't need to, and he is taking unwarranted criticism because of it. US and International law is very clear on nonuniformed enemy combatants, they can be detained indefinitely or executed summarily as spies, there is no gray area here.

My comment on the pres being able to do anything he wants was not a defense, it is a statement of reality that many in the US do not understand or believe. From Lincoln arresting an entire legislature that committed no crime, to FDR arresting and imprisoning US born citizens of japanese ancestry, to a standing president who remained in office after being cited for obstruction of justice, it happens often and will not stop until we get a congress with some balls, if that ever happens.
                            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Vast majority of the country, most of the world, and history will disagree. But hey, if all he had to do to keep you happy while he rode this country down into the dirt like all the other projects he ever headed was let you keep you bang-bang--four more years!

Eli
                              That why I like you Eli!

Comment

Working...
                              X