Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hands Free

Originally posted by BHD View Post
    one of the reason I keep the old rotaries around is they will work if the power is off, the electronic phones no power NO talk, and the old phones are nearly indestructible, the one on the dinning room wall is what 30 years old at least, is my guess, and the one that hung there before is in the wood shop, it is may be 45 years old, (it is pink)
    the one in the barn is one I picked up at the phone company after they went touch tone, they just gave it to me. I have had it for 15 or more years.

I have a few cordless units I use as well, but if you want reliability get an old ATT AMERICAN MADE phone, it will work through thick and thin.
    I have heard there becoming collectors items,
    You're right. You should never get rid of a pink phone
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      Just got my Garmin Nuvi. It's bluetooth works really well. It'll even use the car radio, and push the phone audio through that.
      I use my nuvi for the Bluetooth with the phone, too. I keep the phone charger in the glovebox and put the phone in there on charge.

Only problem is that I sent my phone through the washing machine. It is really clean, but it doesn't work... I swapped the SIM chip into a free Go Phone I had, and am anxiously waiting for 7/11 to pick up a new iphone 3G.
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Great pic, SMorris! Which Burgman is that? Great little transporters. It's amazing how much they'll carry and the gas mileage is phenomenal. They can really move, too. I had the small one, but even it could do 80.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
          Great pic, SMorris! Which Burgman is that?
          Thanks, I've been on vacation all week and just saw your reply. This is the 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400. I got it one year ago Saturday. I also have a few other scooters (see my personal sig link) but the Burgman is the best for the long rides or with a passenger. It gets better gas mileage than the lower displacement Vespa LX, too. More photos here.
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Do you suppose the police, fire department and ambulance guys will all be pulling over to use thier radio's and cell phones? What a bunch of hypocritical pricks. Just another ploy to generate revenue for the state.
            that brother is the truth.

here in the VI we've been under a no cell phone law and my old motorola 1st generation blue tooth hands free is OK. it works most of the time. i understand the new generation blue tooth devices are much better. can't say as i don't got one.

biggest problem is trying to call someone back that's not programmed into your phone. still gotta look at the phone and punch the dial button.

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Do you suppose the police, fire department and ambulance guys will all be pulling over to use thier radio's and cell phones? What a bunch of hypocritical pricks. Just another ploy to generate revenue for the state.
              Couldn't agree more

Comment

Working...
              X