Hands Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands Free

I have it on good authority the CHP will be enforcing the cell phone law BIG TIME starting July 1st in California.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Hands Free

I can see myself having the wonderful experience of being the first one on the forum to get the ticket.

What does the forum know about the aftermarket devices that you can adapt to your existing phone and car stereo.

Doesn't need to be the cheapest harbor frieght one day disposable(if that) or most expensive that can fold my socks.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      I can see myself having the wonderful experience of being the first one on the forum to get the ticket.

What does the forum know about the aftermarket devices that you can adapt to your existing phone and car stereo.

Doesn't need to be the cheapest harbor frieght one day disposable(if that) or most expensive that can fold my socks.
      There are a bunch of options these days. My radios turn themselves off and become my hands free phone. You can also but GPS units which are Bluetooth compatible and they will make your phones hands free. Another option is a Bluetooth adapter which hangs on your visor and does the entire hands free function. However, if you do not have a Bluetooth phone you can buy a head set for your phone.

Mark

Comment

there is some small print in the law. on a commercial truck, the 2 way and speaker phone nextel is legal. as long as it's not next to the ear.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Arizona is already telling people that when they go to California - ignorance will get you a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I have it on good authority the CHP will be enforcing the cell phone law BIG TIME starting July 1st in California.

Mark
            Not a problem for me, I've had a bluetooth in my ear for a couple of years now so I'm used to it.
            The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              there is some small print in the law. on a commercial truck, the 2 way and speaker phone nextel is legal. as long as it's not next to the ear.

rick.
              Not all commercial vehicles:

Q: What if my phone has a push-to-talk feature, can I use that?
              A: No. The law does provide an exception for those operating a commercial motor truck or truck tractor (excluding pickups), implements of husbandry, farm vehicle or tow truck, to use a two-way radio operated by a “push-to-talk” feature. However, a push-to-talk feature attached to a hands-free ear piece or other hands-free device is acceptable.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                Not a problem for me, I've had a bluetooth in my ear for a couple of years now so I'm used to it.
                not a problem for me to im in PA
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Do you suppose the police, fire department and ambulance guys will all be pulling over to use thier radio's and cell phones? What a bunch of hypocritical pricks. Just another ploy to generate revenue for the state.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Do you suppose the police, fire department and ambulance guys will all be pulling over to use thier radio's and cell phones? What a bunch of hypocritical pricks. Just another ploy to generate revenue for the state.
                    so if you see a cop on the phone take a picture with your phone and turn them in
                    or you pull them over and tell them they were breaking the law
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Just got my Garmin Nuvi. It's bluetooth works really well. It'll even use the car radio, and push the phone audio through that. I'm really impressed with it so far. The GPS works great, and the bluetooth phone connection is much better than I thought it would be.

One warning on bluetooth, your phone will go through battery charge much quicker with bluetooth on than without. Make sure you keep an eye on the phone battery power the first week or so you start using it.
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

or you could jsut not use one,
                        that is my choice, (we have one) but we do not turn it on unless we need to talk to some one or we know some one may be needing to get in touch with us,

I do not need to be bothered by some one 24/7. I got along with out the dumb things for over 50 years I do not need one now.

OH and by the way I still have rotary dial phones on the place too.

I AM BORG, "Resistance is futile" "you will be assimilated"
                        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                        attributed to Samuel Johnson
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                          or you could jsut not use one,
                          that is my choice, (we have one) but we do not turn it on unless we need to talk to some one or we know some one may be needing to get in touch with us,

I do not need to be bothered by some one 24/7. I got along with out the dumb things for over 50 years I do not need one now.

OH and by the way I still have rotary dial phones on the place too.

I AM BORG, "Resistance is futile" "you will be assimilated"
                          I find that most people that still have a rotary phone don't even know what the internet is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            I find that most people that still have a rotary phone don't even know what the internet is
                            That was my first thought too
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

one of the reason I keep the old rotaries around is they will work if the power is off, the electronic phones no power NO talk, and the old phones are nearly indestructible, the one on the dinning room wall is what 30 years old at least, is my guess, and the one that hung there before is in the wood shop, it is may be 45 years old, (it is pink)
                              the one in the barn is one I picked up at the phone company after they went touch tone, they just gave it to me. I have had it for 15 or more years.

I have a few cordless units I use as well, but if you want reliability get an old ATT AMERICAN MADE phone, it will work through thick and thin.
                              I have heard there becoming collectors items,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X