X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duracell - Made in China

While I have seen a good many Energizer, Eveready and Rayovac batteries and cells from China, I hadn't seen any from Duracell. Well, that all has changed and here are pictures showing that they are making AA MN1500 cells over in China. What's wild is that Proctor & Gamble is the importing agent. What next? Anyway, I guess anymore that about everything we buy will be from China either in whole or in part. That is except for living things or things we make here ourselves. I'm going to be looking carefully at packaging for Duracell-Procell which is their professional line. My bet is they are still made in North America and will say so. I'll check the products as well soon.
    Attached Files

Re: Duracell - Made in China

Our current administration is the first to wage a war without increasing taxes.

They are funding the war by selling U. S. Treasury bonds to China and expediting importation of their manufactured goods.

I think that we should all sign up for courses in Mandarin Chinese looking for the day that they call the debts due and payable.

Comment

Just keep your passport updated. When that happens it will be time to move to Canada, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark. Enough of this BS turning this country into a dumping ground for a lot of worthless c---. Chinese are right now waging war on us -- monetarily. They'll take us down without firing a shot! Too Bad. Great country sold out and gone to the dogs by a bunch of Neo Cons and economic profiteers.
      Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by billmoy View Post
        Our current administration is the first to wage a war without increasing taxes.

They are funding the war by selling U. S. Treasury bonds to China and expediting importation of their manufactured goods.

I think that we should all sign up for courses in Mandarin Chinese looking for the day that they call the debts due and payable.
        FYI: Not to change the topic but I was a bit shocked to discover that the radiator and thermostat I was replacing in my car was made in China (not that they couldn't). I shopped at NAPA for quality parts and was just expecting USA. The recycled card board packaging (typical for imports) was my first clue but I really don't know how it got here in one piece because the box was not sturdy enough to protect a radiator let alone a sandwich.
        ++Got my Mandarin for Dummies book and my Universal Translator device in the mail yesterday
        Last edited by reConx; 06-28-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Now I really think it would have been better to not howl and start this thread.

The Chinese are the world leader of fireworks making. That's one thing where we USA guys just can't touch them. Oh if we tried hard enough I bet we could do it but then why bother.
          Last edited by Woussko; 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Update: I ran some side by side test of the Chinese made Duracell MN1500 size AA cells and USA made Duracell Procell PC1500 size AA cells. Both did very well under heavy load testing. There was only about a 3% run time difference and that may be due to things such as date of manufacture and storage conditions. What matters is that both samples did well. Sometime I'll run more tests where I compare Duracell size AA cells with those from Energizer and Rayovac. These are for standard alkaline type cells and not anything special or exotic. The Procell brand is the industrial/commercial line by Duracell.

As for being made in China I've seen this more and more for all brands and types of products so I best get used to it and hush up. No more howling about this.

Comment

The really unfortunate part of all this, is that we get a bunch of Chinese haters who will howl long and hard that the Chinese "are at war with us" in one form or another. Lot's of whining and complaining about the Chinese, like it is all their fault.

Unfortunately we don't see and don't want to blame the government... OUR government and it's support for the greed of a corporate America that is all too happy to sell out our jobs, for the larger profits that can be made by manufacturing in China. No health insurance problems there, no wage restrictions, no environmental responsibility (yet), and absolutely no conscience or social responsibility whatsoever to either the American worker or the Chinese worker.

And we, on the other hand, simply prefer to believe that it's China's fault! So while there appears to be a hearty lot who believes in the Iraq war and the superiority of the Republican party, we have failed to see that our indebtedness to China is overwhelming.

In these past seven years we've borrowed from the China through the World Bank to pay for the war and to support our rapidly declining economy. Much of the price at the pump that we have to pay is subject to the falling dollar's value in the world market. Yet we believe that the Republican party who is so supportive of Corporate America, is our friend. "What's good of America's business, is good for America's workers!" is no longer true and it hasn't been true for the past two or three decades. The drive of most of our corporations is to fatten the bottom line and they're very happy to do so by sacrificing the American worker. Even more so, if we believe that it is China's fault.

So today, our jobs are going to China at an increasing rate and today's "robber barons" are loving it, because all we can see to blame is anyone with a Chinese face.

CWS

Comment

""...What's good of America's business, is good for America's workers!" is no longer true..."

I don't think that was EVER true.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                  Yet we believe that the Republican party who is so supportive of Corporate America, is our friend.
                  Corporate America is NOT the small business owner/worker. Reaganomics almost killed my small electronics business and the w years have damn near (if not already) killed American Small Business.

the legacy of w could have been a great leader not the self centerd egotistical cowboy he really is.

is there NOT ONE politico willilg to stand tall and make the sacrifices needed to turn us around? i sure don't see it

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

CWS,
                    I didn't just blame the Chinese, take another gander at the post : "Great country sold out and gone to the dogs by a bunch of Neo Cons and economic profiteers."
                    I spread my disdain to include those who opened the door for the Chinese c--- in the first place.
                    Cheers,
                    Jim

Comment

The current quality of batteries from 8 years ago is truly significant. That's why you see those large packs at HD and Lowe's for cheap cheap.

It's because they know you'll be back to buy more.

My camera I believe eats batteries, not uses them.

To graze the political point of view on this matter with a sawed off shotgun,

"Made in China" is 3 words we've seen for years. The cheap labor capital of the world. Nothing done here in the states on an hourly is less than let's say,

$6/hour?

How can you literally compete with labor wages under $2/hour in that scenario? You can't.

I bet before this thread gets a couple years old and depending on who ends up in office this next four, we might see another minimum wage increase which will be the compliment for the working poor who can't afford what high fuel prices created. I'm rambling, time to end this
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I said it before but got strongly disagreed with by some that every country or society has to make something. You have to have a "whole economy" from poor to rich with the middle being the majority. Some stated that we shouldn't have manufacturing and concentrate on the tech or "brainy" jobs. Two problems I see with that is other countries can now do those also for less and it is the smallest segment of an economy.

And as I asked before to those that stated they'd rather have 50 cent/hr. workers do the monotonous manufacturing:

Do you really think the U.S. would be better off manufacturing nothing?

J.C.

Comment

Grab the Energizer lithium batteries on eBay at a wicked price, then get some of those battery adapters so that you can turn those AA's into C's and D's.

I don't know or care where they are made, what I care about is that they have a shelf life of over 10 years and they are made to withstand extreme fluctuations in temperature.

They are the best non-rechargable-type battery I have used. Too bad they only make them in AAA and AA. Then again, get the battery adapters for bigger sizes. Of course, a 9 volt would be great for the smoke detectors.....
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

while the economically motivated frustration is understandable, and i surely believe W wouldn't know an introductory economics class from a beer mug, let us not forget that domestic workers here are highly paid relative to the rest of the world. and there isn't a fortune 500 CEO worth his salt who wouldn't do whatever he had to do for another $1.00/share in earnings. and that's not greed, that's his job. please try to remember this is a capitalist system, not a charity. the first step in affecting any system, or economy, is to understand what makes it tick. then, and only then, can fiscal policies be implemented to exploit the weaknesses of competing systems/economies while capitalizing on the strengths of the host participants.
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              while the economically motivated frustration is understandable, and i surely believe W wouldn't know an introductory economics class from a beer mug, let us not forget that domestic workers here are highly paid relative to the rest of the world. and there isn't a fortune 500 CEO worth his salt who wouldn't do whatever he had to do for another $1.00/share in earnings. and that's not greed, that's his job. please try to remember this is a capitalist system, not a charity. the first step in affecting any system, or economy, is to understand what makes it tick. then, and only then, can fiscal policies be implemented to exploit the weaknesses of competing systems/economies while capitalizing on the strengths of the host participants.
                              Agree mostly. But 2 questions.

Do you feel domestic workers' pay have the buying power as much as the lower paid foreign workers in their country?

And don't you think that the U.S. HAS to manufacture SOMETHNG?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X