Employees are useless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sell swamp land to plumbers

I appreciate the post from Utah. The effort shows respect.

Thank you very much.

Leonard

I am still going to try to change the way plumbers think. I can't change people but I can create posts that will get people open up their minds and realize that there are better ways and you don't have to be a crook to make a lot of money.

No, I don't have all the answers and I do have a huge head, but I know how to get the job done. I know what work and what does not work. I will alway tell the truth and the way it is. I will never make a false statement just to be friend with anybody. I don't want and friends. City Girl will be back on the 15th and we're going to do a little business before I go to the desert shooting, riding ATV's, and blowing things up.

Comment

I respect your what you want.

You appear to be happy with what you are doing and I respect you for that. Everybody has a different comfort zone. Every post, I write, is not directed specifically to you.

Still Friends? Don't forget I read minds.

Leonard

Comment

Re: I respect your what you want.

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
        You appear to be happy with what you are doing and I respect you for that. Everybody has a different comfort zone. Every post, I write, is not directed specifically to you.

Still Friends? Don't forget I read minds.

Leonard
        The word "you" when used in a group setting without addressing a specific person is somewhat vague. However, if your post was addressed to me I am very happy with where I am and what I am doing. I have done my homework and know a bit about you, your family and your employees. Of course as you read minds you know what is out there and what I've learned so there is no reason for me to post it here. Enjoy your time here and hopefully there will be mutual respect from everyone and we will learn from each other.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Too Bestlines Assumptions...

Too owners and employees of Bestline:

Why do you ASSUME your business model is the superior one?
          Why do you ASSUME it's the highest income producing and most ethical one?
          Why do you ASSUME you can teach everyone something they don't know?
          Why do you ASSUME everyone is doing something wrong in their business and that you have the answer?
          Why do you ASSUME that you are making more income than others on the forum?
          Why do you ASSUME that the highest income is the most important thing to others on the forum?

If you say you didn't make these ASSUMPTIONS, then you're lying.

A theoretical question to ask and keep to yourself: What is your measure of success? Now that it's in your mind.... Why don't you or didn't you ASSUME that others had reached that point of success or perhaps even SURPASSED it?

Learning anything about yourself yet???

And I guess my biggest question is: Why didn't you ASSUME that the others on the forum could teach you something about plumbing or business?

"You can teach a man nothing that already knows everything." J.C.

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 07-06-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Re: Employees are useless

Please Don't Feed the Animals

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Please Don't Feed the Animals
              You're right. I apologize. People such as this will never see anothers' point of view or admit there wrong.

And MUST have the last word.

Expect a LONG response.

J.C.

Comment

to JC

Breaking down your 'assume' means *** u me.

You tell me the answer. How many of my posts say I am willing to help only people who want to make their business grow and if you don't want help then skip my posts.

You can also answer the 2nd question. A very recent post tells the member that I respect his comfort zone.

Answer to your 3rd question. The information in members posts tell me what they want. Members grumble about how bad employees are. My posts give you a fresh insight to solve these problems.

Attack me. Blow me up. I don't matter to any member. What matters is that members that want to improve their businesses are about to get some new ideas that have been working for me for over 40 years. I've got some powerful crap.

I don't see members bashing my posts where I gave my phylosophy on hiring help. I'm hoping a lot of members opened to realize that the employee is not the problem.

You Are The Problem. You need to change, how you think about employees, only if you want to improve.

Take the time to read my post from yesterday and you will see that I told members to constantly write systems and procedures for their employees to follow. I had a problem with an employee on Wednesday and we almost went to fist fighting. Yesterday, I typed two pages of information about this incident. The employee came in this morning and we talked calmly for about 45 minutes. I added some new policies in my payroll system and hopefully, the issues that caused the argument will not come back.

Most other members would have called my employee an as......h..... The employee was wrong with the way he handled the situation. I was wrong because something was missing in my system and policies.

I am not like any other plumber you will ever meet. No, I am not better than you nor any other plumber. I am positive that you can teach this old dog a few tricks.

Good argument! Great!

Comment

I ASSUME this is not the last word?

J.C.

Comment

Re: to JC

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
                    Breaking down your 'assume' means *** u me.

You tell me the answer. How many of my posts say I am willing to help only people who want to make their business grow and if you don't want help then skip my posts.

You can also answer the 2nd question. A very recent post tells the member that I respect his comfort zone.

Answer to your 3rd question. The information in members posts tell me what they want. Members grumble about how bad employees are. My posts give you a fresh insight to solve these problems.

Attack me. Blow me up. I don't matter to any member. What matters is that members that want to improve their businesses are about to get some new ideas that have been working for me for over 40 years. I've got some powerful crap.

I don't see members bashing my posts where I gave my phylosophy on hiring help. I'm hoping a lot of members opened to realize that the employee is not the problem.

You Are The Problem. You need to change, how you think about employees, only if you want to improve.

Take the time to read my post from yesterday and you will see that I told members to constantly write systems and procedures for their employees to follow. I had a problem with an employee on Wednesday and we almost went to fist fighting. Yesterday, I typed two pages of information about this incident. The employee came in this morning and we talked calmly for about 45 minutes. I added some new policies in my payroll system and hopefully, the issues that caused the argument will not come back.

Most other members would have called my employee an as......h..... The employee was wrong with the way he handled the situation. I was wrong because something was missing in my system and policies.

I am not like any other plumber you will ever meet. No, I am not better than you nor any other plumber. I am positive that you can teach this old dog a few tricks.

Good argument! Great!
                    Maybe my take on this thread is wrong but it seems we have one-plumber who is complaining about employees he hired in a non-plumbing business being worthless and almost everyone else telling him employees are not worthless.

As for your point regarding having written policies and procedures for your employees I agree 100%. When we had our shop every employee had one and it was the final word. The book cut out all of the BS because it was part of their personnel file and the policies were black and white. Everyone knew what was expected of them.

Mark
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM.
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Would it be safe to assume you are "plumbingskool" you know "100 reasons in 100 days why you should have a website"?

Comment

Re: to JC

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        As for your point regarding having written policies and procedures for your employees I agree 100%. When we had our shop every employee hadbone and it was the finally word. The book cut out all of the BS because it was part of their personnel file and the policies were black and white. Everyone knew what was expected of them.

Mark
                        Having expectations set clearly is the most important thing in any business relationship, whether or not is employer-employee, vendor-customer, partner-partner, colleague-colleague, etc.

Comment

Everyone is different and has different ideas about everything in their life. Just because someone else's idea are different doesn't make them a degenerant. We can all learn from each other, no one knows everything.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bestline, you sound pretty arrogant, telling everyone that THEY ARE THE PROBLEM, if they don't follow your methods. Your methods may be fine for you, but don't assume that your way of running a business is superior to everyone else. You sound like a jerk, maybe you could learn a thing or two if you stop assuming everyone here needs to learn from you, because in your own mind you are the superior businessman.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

To JC

You did not read all the posts.You did not get the message.

You Are The Problem means, "stop whining about everything and stop blaming everybody for everything that goes wrong." Stop complaining about me and the help, and the gas prices, and customers, and your competitors. They are not the problem. I don't care if everyone tells me they don't have any problems. Everyone has problems. Most people prefer to blame everything on something or someone else. Your post is proof that you let the small things in life bother you.

Don't read my posts if they bother you. It is that simple to solve you problem.

I like to focus on what I want to accomplish. I can't focus when things I do not control bother me. If you chew with your mouth open and pop your bubble gum that annoys me. I can't focus on what I am doing. I can't stop you from what you are doing, do I need to make changes to myself. I Have The Problem. I need to solve my own problems.

Mr. Myagi says, "you must focus." (Karate Kid).

Did you ever go to fools.com. It is a very large and powerful stock trading web site. They refer to everyone as a 'Fool", with respect, of course.

I have to go mop and wax the floors in City Girl's office City Girl (Victorina) called and said she may be coming home early. If she finds out, what I have been up, to I'm depending on you for a job. You should see how shiny I get her concrete floors. I will download some pictures to the web site if you don't believe me. I think this july heat fried my brain.

O-k, I'll change my signature to

With all respect,

Jack

XOXOX

Yeah! That rings a bell to. That is my real alias.

Comment

Correction

I'm sorry! That was motleyfool.com should you care to look at how everyone is called a 'Fool'

I have to go practice my guitar and piano. I have a gig coming up at a Japanese church. The job pays a little extra cash and the benefits are unbelievable. Can't mention the benefits on the forum.

Yours truly,

Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X