Clear All

• Re: Is $280 to $340 The Correct Hourly Price

Now hellboy vs the incredible hulk? Incredible hulk
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Now hellboy vs the incredible hulk? Incredible hulk
      Tough call, think the Hulk is too big and strong for Hellboy. Good fight , Hulk wins but does not kill Hellboy in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Hellboy, hands down. Has the forces of good and evil working for him. Frankiarmz is retired, no more killing no matter what they offer to pay!
        Whew! Makes me feel a little safer.

What are you smokin' B? Hellboy has the strength and still keeps his senses. The Hulk goes strong and mildly "special" talking like a drunk Cajun.

J.C.

Comment

• Re: Sucks being at the top don't it?

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          Someone obviously touched a nerve with you in something said, of course I'm not going to read it all. I've come to realize in life that if something is true, it usually carries a adverse reaction by defending endlessly, down to the name calling and accusatory statements to belittle and scold to place on a higher level.

If it isn't true, why are you so dead set on proving otherwise?
          I don't know anything about this "bestline" dude, but I want to say something about this pseudo-freudian conclusion that I've heard people jump to, all my life.

When a person works very hard to live a deliberate life, founded on principles, and they measure themselves on these principles(whatever they are): the unfounded accusation of them as being contrary to what they have invested their life's energy in, is exasperating.

=====

For example: you are a plumber, and you count chastity as an important component of professionalism. You never allow yourself to break off eye-contact in meetings, because it may make your female clients feel unsafe.

A woman comes along, while you are working at a cleanout on the side of a house in a quiet neighborhood, and accuses you of rape, screaming at the top of her lungs.

Would you calmly keep working, smug in the assurance that you did no wrong?
          http://www.refined-home.com

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Whew! Makes me feel a little safer.

What are you smokin' B? Hellboy has the strength and still keeps his senses. The Hulk goes strong and mildly "special" talking like a drunk Cajun.

J.C.
            I wouldn't hurt a fly! No smokin, just prescription meds and alcohol, my own fault for having a real man's job. Yeah, Hellboy stays cool compared to the Hulk but I think you could get through to him like a drunk buddy if you really had to.

Comment

Trick question. One says no then you "win". One says no then you call them a fool with various reasons.

It doesn't matter what Dunbar would do. It only matters what you would do.

Now, quite simply... Hellboy or Hulk? (Lighten up)

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by savant View Post
                I don't know anything about this "bestline" dude, but I want to say something about this pseudo-freudian conclusion that I've heard people jump to, all my life.

When a person works very hard to live a deliberate life, founded on principles, and they measure themselves on these principles(whatever they are): the unfounded accusation of them as being contrary to what they have invested their life's energy in, is exasperating.

=====

For example: you are a plumber, and you count chastity as an important component of professionalism. You never allow yourself to break off eye-contact in meetings, because it may make your female clients feel unsafe.

A woman comes along, while you are working at a cleanout on the side of a house in a quiet neighborhood, and accuses you of rape, screaming at the top of her lungs.

One swift chop to her throat to shut her up followed by a revised contract. She pays an extra ten percent for the emotional distress to you, or she dies while you try to revive her from some sort of seizure. I seriously know someone who was confronted by a female customer who did not scream rape but gave him a choice to leave quietly after the job was done without pay or face charges . Hate to think such people exist but they do.

Comment

Oh no. I think I hear it coming.....

BESTLINE!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by savant View Post

=====

Not to simplify your theory but here are two; oj simpson and the duke lacross players. OJ screamed at the top of his lungs about being not guilty(yeah right), while the duke players knew the truth would come out.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It truely depends on the type of person you are. Image means alot to some, and if someone tries to tarnish that image, I could understand defending yourself to the gates of hell. On the other hand if someone knows deep down inside they are innocent of something it may not bother them. I dont agree that if you try defending yourself it means you are guilty, that is actually bull**it.

Comment

Hi, Honey I'm home. I walk into the bedroom and catch my wife on top of one of my plumbers. Do I kill them or divorce? I choose the latter. Did I make the best decision? Now my wife's lover is my business partner.

I love a good fight! I think most of the members ways they calculate their hourly cost. I read every post and do not have the time to answer all of them.

This is the problem I see with posts. It appears that you plumbers are trying to do your customer's thinking. One member posted that he starts with $50 an hour and keeps adjusting the price. I say, "why not spend a few hours and get the correct price the first time.

Another post say that I pass the my exhorbitant overhead and losses that are my fault onto the customer. Losses, overhead, and research have to be calculated into the hourly charge.

Not one post disagrees with my price of $340 per hour. Their own personal opinion is that the price is too high. My customers are average Joe's and they don't complain. Suppose, my customer never complain. Should I lower my price. You liar! Only a 'Fool' would lower their price if no customers wer complaining.

You say that I talked too much about my personal life and family. So what?
                        Come and visit me and we find out everything about each other anyway. I'll tell you anything you want to get through your stubborn heads. It is none of your business why? Maybe I am just plain crazy.

I have company coming tonight. I put out my best crystal. The candles are lit and I have very soft and romantic music picked out.

I will not post on this tread again.

Comment

You keep talking like people care.

Comment

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
                            Hi, Honey I'm home. I walk into the bedroom and catch my wife on top of one of my plumbers. Do I kill them or divorce? I choose the latter. Did I make the best decision? Now my wife's lover is my business partner.
                            awkward silence(crickets chirping). If the guy would stick it to your wife he'd sure as hell stick it in your back. I'd in no way trust that guy. As a plumber, you dig trenches, it should be easy enough what to do with the body.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              awkward silence(crickets chirping). If the guy would stick it to your wife he'd sure as hell stick it in your back. I'd in no way trust that guy. As a plumber, you dig trenches, it should be easy enough what to do with the body.
                              Maybe there is a reason they make good business partners.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

going and going and going
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X