Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to know how to approach this job.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to know how to approach this job.

This is a real actual job. I can make some bucks if I do the right thing. I can lose my shirt if I make a bad decision.

This house is kind of ratty looking. This guy tells me he gets only $1200 a month from social security. He smells, the house smells, and the house has 50 year old carpeting that was installed when it was the Model House in the 50's. Some people are really repulsive, like me. All his front teeth are missing and what teeth are left are discusting. I put on a mask and I told this guy an allergi reaction from his 10 cats was causing asthma.

This customer has a 2400 square foot raised floor crawl space type house. Nine months earlier, some bubba plumber repaired his drain pipe, underneath the house, and the pipe slipped out of the coupling, flooding underneath the house with thousands of gallons of waste water. This is where only one-tenth of the stink is coming from.

The customer had a second problem that was more serious that the waste water. This house had a hot water circulating pump. Another bubba plumber installed copper piping for this customer about 5 years ago. This bubba doesn't wipe the self-cleaning flux from the joints and a hot water pipe joint is spraying steamy water under the house.

We have a third problem. The hot steamy hot water spread throughout underneath the house and the entire structure is covered with white mold growth. I found one more very tiny leak in another pipe joint.

The copper piping is only 5 years old. the drain pipes are 2/3 ABS and the remaining cast-iron and galvanized pipes are 50 years old.

Please tell me exactly what to do. How? How Much. Don't forget, this guy said he has a money problem. I am very serious. I want to do what plumbing I have to and charge him what he can afford.

"I am ugly, stupid, and will never amount to nothing" (the movie Throw Momma From the Train). I love that part. I changed the 'You' to 'I'. I didn't want to insult anyone.

Jack

Re: I need to know how to approach this job.

Oh Yeah! I have several pictures of this disaster. How do I post them on this forum? This will help you to help me.

I figured it out! I will put them on my web site. bestlineplumbing.com.

I will list the pictures in the directory on the main page as 'Disaster House'
    Then you can blow and blow and blow them up. You should be able to see that I ma a happy jolly guy. Nothing bothers me! Except when I am banned from something.

Signed.

Yours Truly

Jack 'as he is usually called'

Comment

Here are pictures of the job

This is a link to the pictures of the job or go to www.bestlineplumbing.com
      and click on disaster house.

http://bestlineplumbing.com/69%20%20...er%20House.htm

Don't pay attention to the date. My camera is one year off.

Thank you very much.

Also, if you would like any pictures on my web site, be free to use any of them. There are several great pictures to give customer a visual idea of what happens.

Also here is a link to the free software. You will also see a Power Point slide show that is great for teaching employees the plumbing code.

http://bestlineplumbing.com/69%20%20...20Plumbing.htm
      You can also get to this page by clicking on the pipe man on Bestline's main web page. Tricky? I don't give the software etc. the public.

Jack

Comment

Re: Here are pictures of the job

With all those customers at $340 an hour, why don't you pass this on to a real plumber?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          With all those customers at $340 an hour, why don't you pass this on to a real plumber?
          "I bid against low-priced ignorant fools like you and I still get the job." A quote from the non-scumbag himself, and the answer to your question. Does anyone believe anything this idiot is selling?

Comment

Originally posted by bestline3 View Post
            This is a link to the pictures of the job or go to www.bestlineplumbing.com
            and click on disaster house.

http://bestlineplumbing.com/69%20%20...er%20House.htm

Jack

now I may be wrong but I can understand the camera being off a year, but the placard some one placed in the picture appears to a "07" year on it, (now I do have trouble with dates keeping them straight in my mind at times but my calendar has a 2008 date on it.
            Attached Files
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Lies

Comment

Josh, it's time for the Sylvan Flush. put us out of this clowns misery, please

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Okay! So, you didn't take the bait! I screwed up on the date. The Thead is supposed to be a hypothetical question.

This final outcome of this job is great example for differences of opinion because that I won't mention now.

Jack

Comment

The Thead is supposed to be a hypothetical question.

Jack
                    So why not just state it as such? Doesn't help your point that you are not deceiving your customers with the way you price things out.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Okay! So, you didn't take the bait! I screwed up on the date. The Thead is supposed to be a hypothetical question.

This final outcome of this job is great example for differences of opinion because that I won't mention now.

Jack
                      If Bulls--t was music, you would be The Philharmonic Orchestra!!!

Comment

Do yo Claim To Contribute To This Forum

I spent a lot of time taking the data out of my software and putting it on this forum. My web site tracking tells me how many people downloaded this software. I have been working of this software for so many years I can't remember and it is designed specifically for a repair shop.

Not one person who downloaded this software even said thank you. Nobody said is was good or crap. Are you afraid to admit to other members that you checked it out. My webisite tracker only holds 150 hits on the main streen and every hit was from yesterday. So, over 100 people went directly from the forum to the software page.

What is your contribution? I really am a jerk for giving away what I am giving. But, I won't let you bother me. I will leave the software available until Monday and until after I meet with your investigators. As I said in many posts. I will not be posting after the 15th. Yeah! Ungrateful snot-nose brats!

Jack

Comment

Probably, the reason won't say thank you for the softwares is because they don't want to be ridiculed by forum members. These same people, who are probably smarter than you, probably have better ideas than you and they withhold their ideas because they don't want to be ridiculed.

Maybe this Thread worked out anyway!

I will be here Sunday just the same as I met at my office with a forum member last evening for several hours. And all this is free. I will be giving a total of at least 7 hours of my time to showing you how I run my shop. I don't give a crap about whose shops or ideas are better. You are not going to know without people like me who is willing open everything up to you and get into some pretty nitty and gritty personal and business things.

The story of catching my wife on my plumber and now the plumber is my partner was a joke. I made it clear that I had to make a decision about whether or not I should kill them or get a divorce and now the plumber is my partner. I thought it would appear obvious that this was a joke since, had you done your homework, you would know I don't have a partner.

Second, the punch line is supposed to be, the my wife got 1/2 of my business in the divorce. Do you get it?

See you Sunday,

Jack

Jack

Comment

Wasn't it Curtis Plumbing where the wife got the business in the divorce and turned a 2-truck shop into an 8-truck shop?

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Wasn't it Curtis Plumbing where the wife got the business in the divorce and turned a 2-truck shop into an 8-truck shop?

Mark
                              I believe it is Jacks Rooter.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X