X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Performance - Need honest opinion

Ok folks. I need your honest opinion on this one.

How is the performance of the forum? Is it getting a bit slugish? If I need to switch hosts I want to do it sooner than later while we are still in the less active season for the forum. Performance has been a bit sketchy ever since we upgraded to a new box. I am considering moving hosts completely but I want to make sure there is a need.

So tell me... is the forum getting slower?

Josh

Re: Forum Performance - Need honest opinion

It sucks, I just got bumped out of here again and yes it is slow most of the time. But to constantly lose contact, well its the pits..... Change!!!
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

How is the performance of the forum? Is it getting a bit slugish? If I need to switch hosts I want to do it sooner than later while we are still in the less active season for the forum. Performance has been a bit sketchy ever since we upgraded to a new box. I am considering moving hosts completely but I want to make sure there is a need.

Josh
      Hi Josh, Yes it is very, very slow lately. It's a bit frustrating.

Comment

It seems fine to me. I was wondering with so many profile features, and so many old threads and so many pictures saved, if its over-loading the system?
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

seems fine to me as well. Keep the old threads as they're very useful. Maybe get rid of the old post that are of little consequence anymore.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            It seems fine to me. I was wondering with so many profile features, and so many old threads and so many pictures saved, if its over-loading the system?
            This is a big forum, so if the software and company that runs all of this isn't big enough to handle it, then I'm afraid that Ridgid hooked up with the wrong company....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
              It sucks, I just got bumped out of here again and yes it is slow most of the time. But to constantly lose contact, well its the pits..... Change!!!
              Ditto. It was slow last night too.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                seems fine to me as well. Keep the old threads as they're very useful. Maybe get rid of the old post that are of little consequence anymore.
                I agree with this. And as Ben will tell you, I've got two soup cans, a string, and a Commodore 64.

J.C.

Comment

Josh

As of this evening my PM folders have all gone EsPanol on me!!! What gives? Otherwise things seem to be pretty normal here. Forum is running pretty well. At times it does bog and late nights it's shut down. I think the host is working on it.

Comment

lets try this again now that i got booted again from the forum

josh, no more vacations without a wireless link and a laptop strapped to you. sort of like a a court ordered monitor for house arrest

joey and mark are laughing at my idea right now

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh
                      Peformance is not good. I find that it is often sluggish or intermittently down.

Comment

Josh,

Oddly, I'm not having any problem with it. Occasionally I run into a little sluggishness, but I can usually blame that on AOL. Otherwise, things seem to be okay and I have no complaints based on the last several days.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Slow here as well for the past few weeks.

I feel the need for speed!!

Comment

slow here also. our ISP is having some issues related to a heavy lightning event, but definately slower than usual

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Its apparent that I need to do something. I am going to start looking for a new home. We have outgrown our current host. Even I cant stand the speed sometimes now. Plus calling support at 10pm every other night sucks too.

Comment

Working...
                              X