Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaring tool 345

Hello....first time here...

Not sure where to post this so I'm in this forum...

I am not able to make double flares using the 3/16 hole on the flare bar assembly. The tube slides out when I screw in the feed screw assembly.
    I've held the flare bar assembly in a vise along with the yoke and clamp screw.

I'm able to sucessflly make the double flares with the larger sizes...the 3/16 hole does not have the serated egdes the other holes have.
    What should I do?

thanks

George

Re: Flaring tool 345

I just talked to Ridgid technical support and they told me there is no solution. He told me they have heard that complaint for many years and what they did was to remove the ridges inside the holder to provide more surface area to hold the tube better but it didn't seem to work.

I suggested they remove the 3/16 hole so people aren't lead to believe the tool can be used for brake lines.

George

Comment

Re: Flaring tool 345

Thank you for the information,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X