Lets Start A Free Organization For Learning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Start A Free Organization For Learning

This is not just a brain storm. There are many schools that teach how to do plumbing. Everyone here is past that stage. Many of use (even me) need to continue our educations with the business end. The only organizations I know of that promise to teach you the business parts of plumbing are Nexstar and Plumber's Success International. Nexstar was about $24,000 plus and PSI was probably over $50,000 plus.

I think we should start our own free school where we can all meet, learn from each other, and I am absolutely positive that the we will have a better organization that Nexstar or PSI. We can vote for a president, committees, and assign specific tasks for each person. We can meet in different cities and each person would be responsible for giving a presentation in their strong areas.

Not only will we pound the information into the business owner, we will teach the employees how to close sales more effectively. The forum will still be a great place for communications. Everyone complains about re-hashing and I don't blame them. It is different when someone is telling you something in person. I am a perfect example. I never know whether something is a joke, insult, or serious.

Regardless, there is nothing like the personal touch. We can uses each other's businesses for meetings. we can meet at www.clubfa.com or we can make small contributions to rent meeting rooms.

I think we need two days for learning and we should meet at least two times per year. Okay! Who wants to be the organizer? It will take some work but just think of what the payoff could be. I'll be rich! No, slap me! Non Profit! My way of thinking has always been that, I will pay $10,000 to go to a seminar I come out learning only one thing that may make me an extra $100,000 or maybe even a few million dollars.

Once the more experienced members make the forms for calculations and we come to a close agreement that our (not mine) formula is the best, then we can instill these principles into those who want to learn. Rather than talking about how to close sales, members will get a more visual view of how to close sales. Rather than re-hashing subject, the forum can be used to re-inforce rather than to argue. It doesn't make sense to argue about something that is already working for 80% of the plumbers. We need force subjects to move forward.

I need about three months to be ready. I don't want to be in charge, but I will put as much information and slide shows together as possible.

We always worry about our competitors taking away our customers. They will if we don't alway improve to be better ad advertising, selling, and running our businesses.

Jack

Re: Lets Start A Free Organization For Learning

"I sell my one-bath drain jobs for $5,000 like they are coffee and donuts. I bid against low-priced ignorant fools like you and I still get the job. "
    Start by learning some manners. I don't know wheter you are a seroius businessman or mental case, but if you are for real then extend the same respect towards the Plumber who can do the job for less. Consider that he works more efficiently and does not look at customers as lambs lead to slaughter. It's difficult to get a good take on someone through these posts ,but you seem a bit off. Maybe I'm wrong and just don't know enough about what you are trying to convey, if that's the case I apologize. I'm not a Plumber so I'm looking at this whole thing from the perspective of a educated consumer. Words such as the ones you used above are aimed at insulting the consumer and Professional, don't seem to be a good way to go for someone in your position.

Comment

I like the idea.
      sigpic

Comment

lets see how super sunday plays out

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Why do you honestly care? You already said you're leaving 15 july and you wanted all your posts deleted so there would be no record of you. Shouldn't these, along with your other threads be located in the "business section"?
          Last edited by gear junkie; 07-10-2008, 05:17 PM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The Tin Man Is Getting A Real Heart.

I'm getting to actually like you guys. I really learned a lot yesterday and that is that I was loss control of my better side. Hopefully, some members will see that some members will see that they are out of control, and this is counter-productive. Suppse customers are reading these posts. Some of my posts were very unprofessional.

My own personal rules are; if I have a question, I will ask. If I don't understand your question or answer, I will ask you to clarify. If I don't believe you I have the choice to ignore you or tell you, "I am sorry, but I do not believe you."

Leonard

Comment

Leonard, looking back through your posts, I noticed a disturbing pattern. You went from ultra aggressive to ultra passive from post to post, almost like the abusive husband who begs for forgiveness the next day. Go to all your post and read back and you'll see what I mean. I'm not even sure if you're aware of it.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                lets see how super sunday plays out

rick.
                hay if you need some backup i can make a call and have some of my family members like Angelo , Mario ,three toes Tony and freezer Freddy to help you out

just let me know
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Three toes Tony

Comment

Working...