Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recomendations on a Meat Smoker

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Not a problem except where do we find banana leaves in Ohio? The pig I cook is so good you eat it with a spoon, no fork or knife required.
    if you'll pay the shipping i'll send all you want

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

After researching for a good long while I think I may end up going with the weber smokey mountain 2820

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...=UTF8&s=garden

Anyone had this one and have any opinion? Most of what I read was really good.

Thanks everyone,

Josh

Comment

Isn't the Internet great? With a click of your mouse you can go from Webmaster to Webermaster.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I hope to soon be a webermaster. I love grilling so why not smoking... the good kind of smoking that is. Like smoked fish, brisket, turkey.... mmmm.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Isn't the Internet great? With a click of your mouse you can go from Webmaster to Webermaster.

Mark

Comment

Just don't bother with the lower water-filled pan that you put all the oranges and such in. It doesn't do a darn thing, and usually you end up boiling all the water out and the burning veggies and fruits are horrible!! Even if you don't you'll never get any real flavoring out of it, from what I've tried anyway. Just use good lump charcoal and soak your scrap wood (see, us woodworkers DO use our scrap!!) in water overnight before you start chuckin them in. Put them in a bit at a time. The smoke is what you're after, so just enough to get a good smoke rolling is all you want. Hickory, oak, apple, cherry work well.

Enjoy it. Whichever one you get, you'll get some great meals! I highly recommend getting one of the probe-type electronic temperature things. I have one that has about 6' of cable (metal-covered) and it has a magnetic pad on the back. You stick the magnetic readout panel on the outside and sit in your comfy chair watching the smoke roll. One that has both internal and external temp readings is real handy. Get your smoke/meat chamber to about 250, and try to maintain that.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just gotta find the best deal now.

Josh

Comment

Working...
              X