• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 3800 PSI/4.0 GPM Commercial Pressure Washer

New 3800 PSI/4.0 GPM Commercial Pressure Washer

I am interested in this unit:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RD80770-...r/EN/index.htm

Ridge Tools gave me the Home Depot SKU # for this item (360927), but they can't find it on their system at my local store in the Boise, ID area, so they can't even give me a price. Does anyone know who the Ridgid Sales Rep. is in this area?
    I have even called a few of the On-line dealers, and they don't have it on their systems either.
    The large tank and fold down handle (small footprint) moved this unit to the top of my list, above the John Deere (who claims on their site their's is a Light Duty Residential unit) at Lowes, and the DeWalt at Home Depot.

Re: New 3800 PSI/4.0 GPM Commercial Pressure Washer

Don't know. But the specs look almost EXACT to the competitors you list unless I'm missing something. Last years model DeWalt used the same engine and an AR pump while this years uses the same engine with a CAT pump. At least the one I looked at. The John Deere used the same engine but I'm not sure about the pump.

So all three are REAL close in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks J.C.
      Yes the specs seem too be almost exactly the same from a functional point of view. When I compared the quality of the wand/gun of the 3300 PSI Ridgid to the John Deere and the Craftsman Professional at Sears (just re-branded models in my view), I found the Ridgid too be stronger and more versatile with that adjustable front pistol grip handle. If the price of the Ridgid 3800 PSI model will be the same as the DeWalt and John Deere, I'd rather have the Ridgid, as I also like the packaging. Only thing is, how long will I have to wait? It's been a "New" product now for a least 5 months, judging by other threads.

Comment

This is way too funny.... If you look back and search I was trying to get info on this unit months ago. I got the complete run around big time. Not a single person at Home Depot could or wanted to call me back or do any research. So I did my own. Call Ashley at One World Technology's 1--800--323--4615 ext. 6010 HEY try 415--831 SKU#... This is what I know only a few stores will cary this unit. I gave up and bought a new Landa 3500 PSI beltdrive out of the tool rental dept. I paid$1,412.80 Just got it two days ago the thing ROCK'S a few extra bucks but I didn't get jacked around. Good luck my friend..................
        Last edited by Zubba1987; 07-20-2008, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Hey Zubba1987, check this out! Home Depot finally has this unit up on their site. Check out SKU#: 360927 on www.homedepot.com
          Good Luck with that Landa, looks good.

Comment

Is it true the new Rigid 3800 has an Italian pump?

Hi everyone!

I was reading the 3800 spec sheet and was shocked to discover it does NOT have the coveted CAT pump.

Can anyone educate me in regards to what is a Annovi Reverberi, Triplex plunger?

Thanks,

Investigator Freddy
            Don't squabble with the chickens
            Instead, soar
            with the eagles

Comment

Rigid Pressure Washer weight differences

Hey everyone!

I was looking a little more carefully at the spec sheets for each of the 3 Rigid Pressure Washer models and I discovered a noteworthy and substantial difference in the weight of each model.

Check it out: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pressure...s/EN/index.htm

• 3000 psi model = 102 lbs.
              • 3300 psi model = 75 lbs.
              • 3800 psi model = 205 lbs.

Wow! To me, this is quite a difference! I have a couple of questions:

My first question is how the heck do ya get the 3800 psi model in and out of yer truck or van?

I think you need ramps like motorcycle enthusiast use...or even a small lift or crane....is it so?

My second questions is: Why is the 3000 psi model 27 lbs heavier than the 3300 psi model?

Can anyone out there answer my questions?

Freddy
              Don't squabble with the chickens
              Instead, soar
              with the eagles

Comment

New 3800 PSI/4.0 GPM Commercial Pressure Washer

I just purchased the machine Ridgid machine and it is heavy as hell to lift and I believe is well built and thought out. I am just having a problem to start it for the first time. I had gotten a tip to squeeze the trigger while starting it. When I pull on the start pulley it seems to jerk the handle back and feels like its ripping the tips of my fingers off. I will keep people updated on my experience with this machine.

Comment

I squeezed the gun like someone had recommended and it had no trouble or pressure on the pull start and had started right up. It is a powerful machine. I am very happy with the new power washer my arms are actually sore from cleaning off the sidewalk as a test run. This machine is super powerful.

Comment

Re: Rigid Pressure Washer weight differences

Originally posted by soarwitheagles View Post
                    Hey everyone!

I was looking a little more carefully at the spec sheets for each of the 3 Rigid Pressure Washer models and I discovered a noteworthy and substantial difference in the weight of each model.

Check it out: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pressure...s/EN/index.htm

• 3000 psi model = 102 lbs.
                    • 3300 psi model = 75 lbs.
                    • 3800 psi model = 205 lbs.

Wow! To me, this is quite a difference! I have a couple of questions:

My first question is how the heck do ya get the 3800 psi model in and out of yer truck or van?

I think you need ramps like motorcycle enthusiast use...or even a small lift or crane....is it so?

My second questions is: Why is the 3000 psi model 27 lbs heavier than the 3300 psi model?

Can anyone out there answer my questions?

Freddy
                    I use the tri fold ramp from harbor freight and the holes in the ramp actually helps you load it by yourself because the tires actually use the holes in the ramp as a step

Comment

Working...
                    X