X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How cheep are you

I'm just wondering how much of this we learned from our parents? I got to thinking about it and I'm just like them. Dad knew how to make good money and mom knew how to spend it on frivolous items. All my 7 of my siblings were/are the same way. Getting married has kept my personality defects in check. I still turn the light on in the kitchen before going to bed. The cats eat late at night and I hate that they have to eat in the dark.

Take my neighbors for instance. I love them but by far the cheapest people I've ever met. They just celebrated their 30th anniversary by going camping in 95 degree heat for 5 days. Didn't even foot the 12 bucks/day to stay at a campsite with showers. Will fix or patch anything to get around purchasing something new. Still uses a manual push mower on the lawn. All 3 kids are just like them.

Comment

I live in a garage.......with a nice office built into it. I don't even have working plumbing!

Muwahaahahahahaaaaaa!

The good thing is I built a pretty posh master bath 45' and 4 doors away.

I've given new meaning to holdit! many times and so far so good on the timing.

I like it so much that I have an opportunity for $100/month, yes, $100/month to take over an entire building and set up headquarters within walking distance of my shop.....but why should I? I'm getting the job done right here and even though it is cramped at times....I like the efficiency of the setup.

Having a large or small home would be useless as I'd never be there to enjoy it. Of course I could get married and have 2.7 kids and change all that. I'm talking to 5 women right now and I can't see it going anywhere with any of them, next!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I live in a van down by the river.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Great line, and classic routine.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
            I'm building a rabbit shed and I needed a screen window to allow air to flow. The cheapest window I could find was for $56.00. Well that was just to much for me.

I had an old metal screen door, so I cut the window out allowing 1" around the perimeter. Then I built a frame out of scrap 2"x4"s and grooved the frame to drop in the window. Caulk it all up for water seal and it works like a champ. The only thing I had to buy was a tube of caulk at $2.49.

Hows that for being a cheap a$$....
            I don't know Garager? You just sound very resourceful.

Comment

When I snake drains, I reuse my cable for the next job
              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                What a bunch of losers.
                I eat fine steaks and sushi, drink expensive wine and vacation at private beaches.
                Being cheap is for the birds. I'd rather enjoy life.
                Once ya have kids that'll change real quick.

Comment

Dunbar used that as his signature for the longest time on another forum.

Comment

I'm so cheap that the last time I went to Las Vegas I spent $7.00 the first whole day I was there and that included food and drink!!
                    ________
                    Daihatsu yrv
                    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM.
                    Mike

Comment

My mom is so cheap she washes plastic sandwich bags and reuses them. She even saves all the slivers of soap, so once she has enough she makes a whole bar

My buddy built his entire house with used nails. Bending each one back to somewhat straight. One cold a$$ day while helping him I asked " why don't you just buy a box of nails?" He looked at me like I had three heads. I swear he went through the depression in a former life.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Kids do have a way of sucking the life blood and money out of you.
                        sigpic

Comment

And this guy lives in a garbage truck.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

My buddy built his entire house with used nails. Bending each one back to somewhat straight. One cold a$$ day while helping him I asked " why don't you just buy a box of nails?" He looked at me like I had three heads. I swear he went through the depression in a former life.
                            I think that this one could be the winner..... Or really a ....

That's pitiful to say the least......
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The nail guy is what I call "stupid cheap".

Work 1 hour overtime. Buy nails.

Spend 8 hours straightening nails. Stupid.

J.C.

Comment

I use the plastic containers from chinese food as tupperware! I am going to a lope so i dont have to pay for a $20k wedding!!

Comment

Working...
                                X