X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cheep are you

ok ben and JC keep going back and forth about haw cheep they are .

so here you go list things that you do cheep or if you have seen other people doing cheep things
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Re: How cheep are you

Me. No cable/dish. Basic local phone. Basic NC mobile phone service. The extra packs of ketchup from here and there in the fridge.

J.C.

Comment

And.....DIALUP INTERNET!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Me. No cable/dish. Basic local phone. Basic NC mobile phone service. The extra packs of ketchup from here and there in the fridge.

J.C.
        i do the ketchup thing as a back up for when we run out

i know this is your only ketchup
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I catch and re-cycle solder drips
          sigpic

Comment

Me too NH. The ***** is gettin' em back on the roll.

J.C.

Comment

And I like everyone else save/recycle copper. Especially now. Is there much copper in a submersible well pump? Got a few with lockedup motors.

J.C.

Comment

And.....DIALUP INTERNET!

J.C.
                The wife and I need Cable Internet for work, but we have a prepaid cell phone that costs $7/month. We also use only VoIP for regular phone lines, so it is $45 a month for the two lines we have (need them both when are are both on a meeting). One is unlimited the other is 500 minutes.

Comment

I would not call myself cheap but I do try to save money on some things.

My wife & I went to a movie tonight and we brought our own pop, in her purse.

I have bought and installed several metal exterior doors. When I go to buy one I look for ones that are dented. Then I get the manager and ask if they will come down on the price for the dented door. Every time they have. Little sanding, little bondo, primer, paint. Good to go!
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I reevaluate phones, internet, cable about every 8 months and I think I might finally be able to speed up my internet service for not much more. Especially with some of the packages.

J.C.

Comment

I have not bought meat or vegetables at a store in over twenty years.

Comment

I'm so cheap that my wife hasn't had her hair done in years and we keep getting her shoes resoled rather than buying new ones. I just can't imagine why she gets mad at me when Richard (the ups guy) drops off another package from ebay? Priorities people!!!
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Brown Bag It

One thing I try to do is make myself a ham and cheese sandwich every morning that I go to work. You can't get out of our cafeteria for under $5, and if I am spending $5 on a small crappy burger I might as well spend $7 on the really filling and good quesadilla. So by brown bagging it, I end up saving ~$20 a week.

I also have a stash of Coca-Cola from BJs in my office. I get a cup of ice (for free) from the cafeteria instead of paying the $1.50 for the fountain soda. Since they give away the ice, there is really no value add to the fountain soda over the Coke from cans, which works out to about half the price. Since I often have 6-8 cans of Coke a day, this can make a difference. If I was really cheap I would drink water instead.

Comment

I do take my lunch to work and that saves quite a bit. I also walk to work which is about a 20 min walk. We use netflix and don't go to resturants very often since the wif and I are better cooks than at most resturants.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

And I like everyone else save/recycle copper. Especially now. Is there much copper in a submersible well pump? Got a few with lockedup motors.

J.C.
                              split the motors and the pump end the grundfos pump ends you can sell as stainless and seel the motors as motors. no copper though, just a brass on the top. i was getting about 20 a pump by seperating them or else you just get paid for motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X