Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you learned?

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    I did a quick, lazy search, but didn't find anything to problematic. Is there a certain thread that he got under everyone's skin? Or was it just overall?
    Trouble is that his posts were often a stack of bibles..admittedly I missed much of whatever it was that really annoyed other members because I just wasn't willing to read all of them, and if memory serves I was in the middle of a very busy time of my life at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Where's your list JC?
      This sounded familiar so I did a search. 1 year ago almost to the day....weird
      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12332

Add these to my list

The K-60 just might be all Rick said it is..... and MORE!

are you just saying that to make me smile

or piss off allclear

That after meeting most of the plumbing regulars in person that they are just as strange as myself

you're the one that ate my cherry

That there's a good chance that one my posts might end up on the desktop of the CEO of Ridgid

right next to my roundup first in class

That as the sun begins to set on my plumbing career it also rises on many others
      team geritol is not ready to pass the torch yet. we have plenty of gas left in the tank

There seems to be a direct correlation between the time I spend here and the amount of Ridgid tools I buy

you should have warned me 4 years ago

That I can come here to ask a stupid question and get a logical answer
      my point exactly
      rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        The main thing I would add that is different for last time. . .

There are lots of big, tough guys out there EXTREMELY comfortable in their masculinity and quite a few others who aren't afraid to show their feminine side
        Why are you looking at me when you say that?

Comment

I have learned:
          1. If you are smart, you don't reply to the political posts.
          2. Some plumbers are prima donnas, but most are regular guys that are wiling to help.
          3. This forum gives the ladies a chance to show how brilliant they really are.
          4. You are never too old to learn new tricks.

Comment

I've learned that:

-Sometimes dogs howl in English and have great ideas.
            -Plumbers are ok people for the most part (well, at least they're people).
            -Learn how to read your measurement tools first. Then at least when you goof, you know by how much!
            -Apparently the K60 is the most amazing tool ever sold.
            -Sometimes a tool manufacturer does great things for their customers and lets them have their say.
            -Always hire a plumber or electrician when you need something done. No...I don't know how to do everything and that's ok!
            -Do not ever use drano or other drain cleaners. Ever.
            -Even asking a stupid question is ok, as there is a good answer, and people are willing to share.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
              I've learned that:
              -Do not ever use drano or other drain cleaners. Ever.
              Oh yeah.. I definitely learned this one too. havent used it since.

Comment

That there are many people who do use the same techniques i use. That the rest of the world is starting to move on with the computer world in businesses. That you can depend on people on here for great advice. That just about everyone (except for a few) take their jobs and careers as serious as i do. That there is so much great advice on here that is sometimes ignored or bashed because another people dont believe it can work.

That the Ridgid employees do care about the working guys on here. That the friendships on here will last you a life time, and they are always there if you need advice, or just feel like talking.

Im glad i found this site. Ive met some great people in person, and just thru phone conversation. I feel like that the people ive met are a second family, and will be there when needed. I destress myself coming on here, even though it can stress the hell out of me as well.

But most important thing i learned on here is the pride that every plumber, woodworker, electrician and so forth have, and give on this site.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Why are you looking at me when you say that?
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    Trouble is that his posts were often a stack of bibles..admittedly I missed much of whatever it was that really annoyed other members because I just wasn't willing to read all of them, and if memory serves I was in the middle of a very busy time of my life at that point.
                    Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Your time was better spent elsewhere than sparring with the likes of sylvan that's for sure.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I haven't been able to really offer much, but I have learned a great deal.

-The pencil trick for neat solder joints on vertical piece of copper, just awesome. HvacHawk's tip I think.

-Not wiping your soldier joint is called leaving "dog balls". Dirtyhands.

-How to help keep pipe straight using the ProPress.

-Jetter ratings and how Gpm's play into pressure and cleaning effectiveness.

-How nice Ridgid adjustable wrenches are thanks to Aaron91.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

for me it is that the people at ridgid they are # 1 when it comes to quality of there work and dedication to there jobs .

a company that opens its doors for the trades to come in and say hi and to open there ears for our suggestions and input .

the helpful trades men and woman on this site to help others then give them a hard time

and like others said the people here will open there doors if your in town and treat you like family and the round up the best seeing people for the first time and it was like you have known them for all your life
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

1. They use Galvy for Gas on the left coast... Cleaner gas I hear
                          2. Gas Prices SUCK
                          3. Rick has too many tools he should share
                          4. Mark (ToUtahNow) is the voice of reason
                          5. If... When I go to the round up next year I should watch out for Rick's SHOCKING hijynx
                          6. Steve at ALLCLEAR wouldnt know what to do if it wasnt for his K-60

and much to many other things to list.

Oh yeah there is a great group of guys and girls out there that stand behind there RIDGID tools!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Your time was better spent elsewhere than sparring with the likes of sylvan that's for sure.
                            Indeed, it was right around the time I got married last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X