Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building Trades vs. Medical Industry

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
    Does your state require auto insurance?

Does your lender require homeowners insurance?

Do you think these types of insurance are a different industry as health insurance?

Their lobbyists have done a fine job of ramming required insurance through the legal system while being able to fight off every attempt to regulate their industry.

And I did not criticize them for investing in big oil, I am accusing them of being a major player for the inflation of oil prices. But perhaps you like paying over four dollars a gallon for gas.
    NY does require auto insurance, isn't that a good thing or do you want someone to ruin your car in an accident or worse injure you and spend years in court trying to have that person pay up?

My lender does require me to have insurance. Lets see, if it didnt and my house burnt to the ground would I keep making my mortgage payments on just land or would I walk away and the lender be out $600,000?

I dont know what to think except I dont agree with your logic.

I guess on your way of thinking I should thank the lobbyists for ramming auto insurance on that guy who smashed me from behind last year and totaled my Lexus.

And yes if you must know I love paying $4.75 gal for super unleaded

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post

I dont know what to think except I dont agree with your logic.
      That's fine, continue to defend the biggest group of legal criminals in this country. My logic is simple, insurance companies are legally ripping off everyone in this country, and there is nothing to stop them from doing it.

Comment

That's fine, continue to defend the biggest group of legal criminals in this country. My logic is simple, insurance companies are legally ripping off everyone in this country, and there is nothing to stop them from doing it.
        You ignored the other points, but hey whatever.

One last question do you have health insurance?

Comment

C'mon guys. I think it was just a big misunderstanding between the two of you.
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I don't feel ripped off, last I checked I have a choice of insurance companies. I generally get the cheapest insurance I can and the highest deductibles I can. That way I am covered in case of an emergency, but don't have to pay ridiculous premiums. I generally hate insurance, but it has its place, and can be useful to protect my family from serious liabilities.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Hmmm... this gives me another reason to move to another country I love my country for all the good it has but I always wanted to move to a neutral country (maybe Sweden or Switzerland), away from all the hustle and bustle, but that is a different subject all on its own.
              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

You ignored the other points, but hey whatever.

One last question do you have health insurance?
                I'm union, I have great insurance, it doesn't change the fact that my local is overcharged for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  I don't feel ripped off, last I checked I have a choice of insurance companies. I generally get the cheapest insurance I can and the highest deductibles I can. That way I am covered in case of an emergency, but don't have to pay ridiculous premiums. I generally hate insurance, but it has its place, and can be useful to protect my family from serious liabilities.
                  Thats exactly my point. Its something that is there in case of an emergency. If you people think it's expensive to have, try not having it and be in need of surgery.

Comment

I'm union, I have great insurance, it doesn't change the fact that my local is overcharged for it.
                    I know a school teacher that lives close to me that pays a couple hundred a month (I know it was more than $200) for insurance. It's crazy!

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

What about when the union officials FORCE their labor on jobs to keep their men busy? I've seen them muscle jobs many times. Is that ok? So it's ok for unions to collude but big insurance can't?

Comment

Thats a whole different can of worms. It sounds like you have little choice in the manner of insurances, being in the union.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Thats a whole different can of worms. It sounds like you have little choice in the manner of insurances, being in the union.
                          They dont pay much for insurance, the union forces their bosses to pay the majority of it.

Comment

What about when the union officials FORCE their labor on jobs to keep their men busy? I've seen them muscle jobs many times. Is that ok? So it's ok for unions to collude but big insurance can't?
                            Explain to me exactly how a union can force their labor unless the job is a prevailing wage job?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              believe me, if the leaching B#@$%^DS thought they could make a buck off it the would.

There should be an open season on Insurance agents, Lawyers, Real estate brokers, Mortgage originators, IRS agents, and all the other blood sucking leaches who's sole purpose in life is to take your money and give you back as little as possible.
                              There is a huge difference in the amount that various types of insurance pays out. Life insurance pays out more than 90% of the premiums as death benefits; which is a pretty good deal. Title insurance pays out some pitiful amount, making it about the worst deal there is.

Just about the only company I 'trust' is my auto/life insurance company (USAA). They are there when I need them, and I get an insurance dividend check from them every year, even after Katrina hit. If I could have gotten a homeowners policy from them, I would have too (they aren't writing new policies in Westchester).

On a completely different topic, I think health insurance is broken because it has turned into prepaid medical care; and most people have no incentive to shop for the best value in health care anymore, since they don't pay for it (directly).

Comment

Explain to me exactly how a union can force their labor unless the job is a prevailing wage job?
                                Your local has never picketed a jobsite before? Or you've never seen another local picket. They're not just on prevailing wage jobs. C'mon.

Comment

Working...
                                X