X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aggravating night!

Just got back from the hospital.... My girlfriend and her mother were cleaning around the house. She was scrubbing the W/C and her mother recommended she put a chlorine tablet in the tank to which she replied "Rich has a bucket of chlorine in the garage Ill go get some." Well she didnt return for a bout 10 minutes so her mother went to look and found her on the garage floor passed out. It seems when she opened up the Chlorine her face was right over the pail and she must have inhaled and became overcome by the gases. So she took her to the hospital. We got home and she asked me to put a tablet in the toilet!!!! I must have told her 10 times not to use anything in the tank after throwing out all the blue tablets she brought home one day!! "But my mom said it doesnt hurt anything" beside what do I know!?!

Re: aggravating night!

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
    Just got back from the hospital.... My girlfriend and her mother were cleaning around the house. She was scrubbing the W/C and her mother recommended she put a chlorine tablet in the tank to which she replied "Rich has a bucket of chlorine in the garage Ill go get some." Well she didnt return for a bout 10 minutes so her mother went to look and found her on the garage floor passed out. It seems when she opened up the Chlorine her face was right over the pail and she must have inhaled and became overcome by the gases. So she took her to the hospital. We got home and she asked me to put a tablet in the toilet!!!! I must have told her 10 times not to use anything in the tank after throwing out all the blue tablets she brought home one day!! "But my mom said it doesnt hurt anything" beside what do I know!?!
    The moral of the tale is that you should clean your own toilets!

Hope your girlfriend feels better!
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

POINT TAKEN!!!

Comment

Tablets are very bad for the gaskets and flappers in the toilets. Voids warranties on new toilets.

Glad everything turned out fine.
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          Tablets are very bad for the gaskets and flappers in the toilets. Voids warranties on new toilets.

Glad everything turned out fine.
          I'm going to start recommending them...muahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

My bachelor moral would be that you shouldn't try cleaning toilets too often because it is dangerous. And that it sounds like an excuse to buy safety gear. Now though, I have it drummed into me bathrooms need to be scrubbed once a week, and all the floors need to be washed once a week; and there is no point in arguing about it because it will get done.

WS, I hope that she is feeling better now.

Comment

I hope she is OK that is nasty stuff, when you get a big dose of it,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Glad she's doing ok, Wrench. I find it's useful to store stuff like that with a bunch of warnings on the lid. Use a sharpie and put the skull n bones along with DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY IN WHEN OPENING or some such. I've tried lots of wording for that, mainly it's my own reminder to open carefully. You might also want to put on that bucket DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH OR ANY OTHER SUBSTANCE. Bleach and Chlorine make a terrible combination that can kill and destroy lung tissue VERY quickly.

Now I gotta go clean bathrooms... *sigh* Thanks for the reminder...
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I hope she is OK now.

Never mix ammonia (cat urine) and any form of chlorine (for pool or bleach) together. The fumes will either really tear you up or in some (too many) cases kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    I hope she is OK now.

Never mix ammonia (cat urine) and any form of chlorine (for pool or bleach) together. The fumes will either really tear you up or in some (too many) cases kill people.
                    Thanks ill make sure i never mix any of my extra cat urine with my chlorine

Comment

I hope she is OK now.

4 years ago we had a student mix ammonia and bleach together and resulting fumes caused us to evacuate a school house. The funny part was that the schoolhouse taught chemical, biological, raditation training. The kid's new nickname after that was Mr. Wizard.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hope she is OK now.

Very good advice. Before I moved into my house a doctor living just a few houses away died from mixing those two chemicals. He was cleaning a bathroom! Don't know why he didn't know better, or any of the other specifics. Maybe he was senile? Does put out a very powerful gas, always a good idea to open a window regardless of what cleaning agent you are using aside from water.

Comment

Working...
                        X