Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: UFC Fans

    Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    The other issue here is that most of these guys are being exploited by the UFC and their own handlers. The money is an embarassment compared to what the UFC and the networks make form their pain and suffering. As for their dedication. I have no doubt of their dedication to the "sport" But that still doesn't justify the sensless brutality. For that matter nothing would.
    Most of these guys make 6 figures a year to work out and fight 2-3 times per year. Then they get additional money from companies. Look at a fighter when he steps in the ring or finishes a fight, there's promotions everywhere. Whether it's the fighter holding a drink or the banner behind him to the tshirt and hat he's wearing.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: UFC Fans

      Its a free country. I say let 'em fight. Its brutal, so what? Nobody is forced to fight, and nobody is forced to watch it. So you squeamish weenies can ignore it.
      Last edited by Service Guy; 07-16-2008, 08:10 PM.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: UFC Fans

        For those that don't like MMA: Do you watch & enjoy boxing?

        Would you like MMA better if striking was removed and it was strictly submission?

        Serious questions for anyone.

        J.C.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: UFC Fans

          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Either you're a tree hugger or your exposure to the sport is very limited. The same can be said about Greco Roman wrestling, promoted in collages and high schools around the country. What's positive about guys in tights trying to dehydrate themselves so they can grab each other and toss each other around? This is a rhetorical question but following your logic, this must be a problem as well.
          Definatly not a tree hugger, in fact I'm guilty of going bezerk quite often. I think greco roman westling is welll, kinda gay but they don't punch and kick each other either. What I see is high school kids (mostly boys) that are inundated with violence at every level, from the UFC to video games, movies, music ect. And though I realize that I grew up in the age of cops and robbers and cowboys and indians, we weren't saturated with violence at every level. Year after year the number of in (and out of) school fighting has increased in schools. Wether or not it can be blamed on all the violent influences kids are subjected to, I can't say, though there a lot of studies that come to that conclusion. I just get to see the back side of the issue manifested with fighting, rude and lewd behavior. A lack of respect for anyone or anything and a general F\U attitude among teenage boys.
          I'm not bashing you either. I can understand how some poeple may enjoy this type of entertainment. I just think the future ramifications may be more damaging than you may realize.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: UFC Fans

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            For those that don't like MMA: Do you watch & enjoy boxing?No for reason I've already stated

            Would you like MMA better if striking was removed and it was strictly submission?

            Serious questions for anyone.

            J.C.
            I do enjoy watching Brazilan Jiu Jistsui but MMA is more well rounded sport.
            Last edited by gear junkie; 07-16-2008, 08:23 PM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: UFC Fans

              NHmaster, you are starting to sound like you favor censorship...I hope not. Give me liberty or give me death!
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: UFC Fans

                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Definatly not a tree hugger, in fact I'm guilty of going bezerk quite often. I think greco roman westling is welll, kinda gay but they don't punch and kick each other either. What I see is high school kids (mostly boys) that are inundated with violence at every level, from the UFC to video games, movies, music ect. And though I realize that I grew up in the age of cops and robbers and cowboys and indians, we weren't saturated with violence at every level. Year after year the number of in (and out of) school fighting has increased in schools. Wether or not it can be blamed on all the violent influences kids are subjected to, I can't say, though there a lot of studies that come to that conclusion. I just get to see the back side of the issue manifested with fighting, rude and lewd behavior. A lack of respect for anyone or anything and a general F\U attitude among teenage boys.
                I'm not bashing you either. I can understand how some poeple may enjoy this type of entertainment. I just think the future ramifications may be more damaging than you may realize.
                I guess my perspective on this might be a little different than yours as I don't deal with HS kids. I know how I was in HS so I think you're underpaid. I do feel that we have become numbed and accept growing violence as a norm but feel that we need to turn inward and stop blaming outside influences as the prime factor for the decline of American society.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: UFC Fans

                  or as they say in my birthplace, New Hampshire: LIVE FREE OR DIE!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: UFC Fans

                    Not government censorship, not a law, just poeple and common sense. Just because you can, does not mean that you should. We all have to look to the future. Our kids future and the ground work that we lay for them. Are the things that we accept, embrace and tolerate, the right things for society? No one man can answer those questions, nor should he. These questions can only be answered by us, working together to the common good.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: UFC Fans

                      I don't even watch the stuff personally. Its boring to me. But if others like it and its popular, thats ok with me.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: UFC Fans

                        Completely understand your disliking of MMA or Boxing.

                        Horseracing bores me. And should we be riding this poor animal?

                        Regular season baseball bores me too.

                        But I think the majority of problems you see in kids behavior always, always, always begins in the home. I know this has been said before and I have no easy fix for it. But it begins with parenting.

                        More single parent homes etc. seems to make it harder too.

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: UFC Fans

                          I gave one example of wrestlers and violence out of the ring but there are many more and much more recently. I think steroids plays into a lot of the violence beyond the sport. I do enjoy watching MMA's boxing and other martial arts. I agree that for the most part the rules and referring in MMA's is great but we are still paying guys to hurt eachother and the opposite of that is not being a tree hugger. I've trained in martial arts for years, don't think I'm a tough guy but hope I can protect myself if necessary. Would you still want to see the blood if it was yours? There is a lot to think about here.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: UFC Fans

                            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Would you still want to see the blood if it was yours? There is a lot to think about here.
                            No but I'm not into participating just watching. Some of the sports biggest fans have no athletic ability but that doesn't make it wrong for them to watch their sport.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: UFC Fans

                              With all of our technological advances, sociology, education, etc. what interests me is that we're still just basically a mirror of ancient Rome.

                              J.C.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: UFC Fans

                                We are animals. Always will be.
                                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X