Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
pet peeve: bad drivers. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pet peeve: bad drivers.

    Why oh why, are people such idiots on the road?

    This is some of the safety and courtesy habits that I see ignored daily.

    #1) Please use your turn signal before you make a turn, or when you are changing lanes so other drivers can anticipate your turn or lane change. It is selfish, rude, dangerous and illegal to not use your turn signals. Its really not hard to use it and make it into a habit.

    #2) The passing lane is for passing traffic, not an extra lane to mosey along in just because you feel like it. I have seen large traffic jams start simply because one selfish moron decided to block the passing lane while driving like a

    #3) When there is road construction and lanes merge, don't race up to to the blockade and cut in front of everyone else that is trying to merge politely! If you did that in person you'd likely get punched in the face, just because you are in a car doesn't make it any less rude.

    Anyway, I had to vent.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

  • #2
    Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

    Here's another one that ticks me off. When someone is making a turn and swings in the other lane so they can make a wide turn. Truck drivers do this all the time because they have a 40ft trailer. The one's driving small cars that do this are the ones that tick me off.

    I also hate when I put my turn signal on and then the car races up to block me off. People who tailgate me always get a brake check. I love having a trailer hitch. Great thread btw.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

      I am guilty of road rage now and then due to the constant bombardment of stupidity as described above...Sometimes I am tempted to go all Mad Max and start running bad drivers over!!

      Last edited by Service Guy; 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

        Ben, thats prolly my biggest gripe...the guys that see your turn signal and speed up to cut you off.
        I cut in...if your that immature that my getting in front of you means you gotta tac out your engine to ensure your ahead...you get my rear end.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

          Got behind 3 separate at different times all doing between 30-34mph today. The speed limits for the areas were between 45-50mph. And I COULD NOT GET AROUND THEM!

          Might have saved me .50 cent in gas but I needed to get somewhere.

          J.C.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

            Bad drivers can irritate me if I let them. Recently, semi's have been irritating me. They are going 5-10 mph less than the speed limit to conserve gas.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

              Yea, well try working in China town for a couple months, you want bad driving.

              That's probably politically incorrect isn't it?
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                Why oh why, are people such idiots on the road?

                This is some of the safety and courtesy habits that I see ignored daily.

                #1) Please use your turn signal before you make a turn, or when you are changing lanes so other drivers can anticipate your turn or lane change. It is selfish, rude, dangerous and illegal to not use your turn signals. Its really not hard to use it and make it into a habit.

                #2) The passing lane is for passing traffic, not an extra lane to mosey along in just because you feel like it. I have seen large traffic jams start simply because one selfish moron decided to block the passing lane while driving like a

                #3) When there is road construction and lanes merge, don't race up to to the blockade and cut in front of everyone else that is trying to merge politely! If you did that in person you'd likely get punched in the face, just because you are in a car doesn't make it any less rude.

                Anyway, I had to vent.
                #3) That's the one that really fires me up. Makes me want to smack them upside their heads with a ridgid 24"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                  Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  Why oh why, are people such idiots on the road?

                  This is some of the safety and courtesy habits that I see ignored daily.

                  #1) Please use your turn signal before you make a turn, or when you are changing lanes so other drivers can anticipate your turn or lane change. It is selfish, rude, dangerous and illegal to not use your turn signals. Its really not hard to use it and make it into a habit.

                  #2) The passing lane is for passing traffic, not an extra lane to mosey along in just because you feel like it. I have seen large traffic jams start simply because one selfish moron decided to block the passing lane while driving like a
                  I think some of this is regional. At least for #1, I don't see too much of no blinker in NY; my cousin from VA actually remarked at how nice it was everyone used it here.

                  Regarding #2, in the kind of area I live in the left lane is really treated like just another travel lane; not dedicated to passing. If you are going slow though, then you don't belong in it, you belong in the right lane.

                  If WS or MP ever have to drive on 9A, they might be able to relate to my pet peeve regarding left vs. right lanes. WTF would the DOT build bridges that a 13' 6" truck won't fit under except in the left lane [because they are cheap is my guess]. All the damn garbage trucks that go to the incinerator end up having to go in the left lane half the time; and they are slow. Also there is a bridge (under 117) that has 12' 9" clearance signs in both lanes (though the full size trucks do fit under it). Anyway, engineers and state bean counters that mess up traffic are probably another thread altogether.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                    Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    I think some of this is regional. At least for #1, I don't see too much of no blinker in NY; my cousin from VA actually remarked at how nice it was everyone used it here.

                    Regarding #2, in the kind of area I live in the left lane is really treated like just another travel lane; not dedicated to passing. If you are going slow though, then you don't belong in it, you belong in the right lane.

                    If WS or MP ever have to drive on 9A, they might be able to relate to my pet peeve regarding left vs. right lanes. WTF would the DOT build bridges that a 13' 6" truck won't fit under except in the left lane [because they are cheap is my guess]. All the damn garbage trucks that go to the incinerator end up having to go in the left lane half the time; and they are slow. Also there is a bridge (under 117) that has 12' 9" clearance signs in both lanes (though the full size trucks do fit under it). Anyway, engineers and state bean counters that mess up traffic are probably another thread altogether.
                    Yep, I use to drive a box truck up that way. I almost didnt get over to the left the first time

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                      Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Ben, thats prolly my biggest gripe...the guys that see your turn signal and speed up to cut you off.
                      I cut in...if your that immature that my getting in front of you means you gotta tac out your engine to ensure your ahead...you get my rear end.
                      6:35 AM South bound RTE 128, Damn the torpeoes, full speed ahead.

                      5:15 PM Sturrow Drive on ramp - Keep looking ahead. Don't let them see the whites of your eyes.

                      ANYTIME: Alewife Brook Parkway - God save us all.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        6:35 AM South bound RTE 128, Damn the torpeoes, full speed ahead.

                        5:15 PM Sturrow Drive on ramp - Keep looking ahead. Don't let them see the whites of your eyes.

                        ANYTIME: Alewife Brook Parkway - God save us all.
                        There in lies the secret...6:28 am on 128 and you're free and clear, 5 more minutes and you better have a good show to listen to on the radio.
                        Made the commute daily from N shore to Norwood daily for a year, had NO choice but to leave at 5:45 to get there at 6:30...or leave at 6 and get there at 7:15.
                        Did a commercial job via Alewife back 7 or 8 years ago...W.R. Grace chemistry co (the one from Woburn they made a movie outta with Travolta...relocated to Cambridge).
                        We did all the hazardous waste, purified air & water lines as well as the regular plumbing.
                        We were allowed to start at 6:am because traffic after 6 was nothing short of barberic...we didn't even bother to drive around the corner for lunch...took the whole 1/2 hour just to make the trip around the block.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                          For anyone not familiar with the Alewife Parkway, it's a winding (very winding) lane road with no center divider and a couple traffic circles thrown in for good measure. I have no idea what the posted speed limit is, but the usual speed is somewhere around 70 to 150 mph. It's truley white knuckle driving until you get used to not giving a **** about other drivers. This is no road for your 50,000 dollar B-mer. You need an old dented crap wagon for this hell ride.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                            A friend just sent this joke to me in an email today. Since it is timely, I thought I'd share. . .


                            This morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a
                            Woman In a brand new Cadillac Doing 65 mph With her Face up next to her
                            Rear view mirror Putting on her eyeliner.

                            I looked away For a couple seconds !

                            And when I looked back she was Halfway over in my lane, Still working on that makeup.

                            As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much;
                            I dropped My electric shaver ,Which knocked The donut Out of my other hand.

                            In all The confusion of trying To straighten out the car,Using my knees against The steering wheel,
                            It knocked My cell phone Away from my ear Which fell Into the coffee Between my legs, Splashed,
                            And burned Big Jim and the Twins,Ruined the darn phone, Soaked my trousers,And disconnected an
                            Important call.

                            Stupid women drivers
                            Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 07-17-2008, 01:11 AM.
                            I love my plumber

                            "My Hero"

                            Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: pet peeve: bad drivers.

                              I start swerving erratically through three lanes of traffic and of course outside the white lines.


                              That way NOBODY even gets close to me because I"m either drunk or falling asleep on the road........


                              everyone backs off a good couple thousand feet like the circus act is about to begin.


                              It works, I promise.....just try it once and you'll see everyone in your rear view mirror get on their phone.


                              Cops won't catch up to ya.....they can't write a ticket unless you're caught visibly doing it, not hearsay.

                              Open road baby. Now that's what I'm talking about!
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X