X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer has ESP

I keep my cell phone next to the computer. When it's about to ring, my screen will get squiggly and distorted. 2 seconds later my phone will ring. Any ideas why?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: My computer has ESP

Electromagnetism?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I guess you have Nextel

Comment

RF kicking in? They all do it. Mine does (ATT/Cingular). Put it near a clock radio and you'll get buzzes sometimes.

Take an AM radio, tune it down on the low end, and put it near one of those squiggly flourescent bulbs.

They might be saving us a nickel while penetrating us with waves!

Gotta' die of something.

J.C.

Comment

LOL...I actually use that to my advantage when I have the radio or tv on, in case I can't hear the ringer I just see the computer screen flicker.
          My phone will also cause a speaker to buzz if it's near one too.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            I keep my cell phone next to the computer. When it's about to ring, my screen will get squiggly and distorted. 2 seconds later my phone will ring. Any ideas why?
            When I had a Nextel it would do it pretty badly. The phone starts sending out an RF signal to acknowledge the incoming call and it will cause interference with CRT monitors.

Comment

My cell phone nukes my cordless phone. guess they're on the same frequency. My pencil sharpener makes my computer screen go all squiggley. My garage door opener turns the A\C off.

I think it's a Chinese plot for world domination. Either that or I just keep buying crap from Wal-Mart.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                When I had a Nextel it would do it pretty badly. The phone starts sending out an RF signal to acknowledge the incoming call and it will cause interference with CRT monitors.
                I have no idea what you said but thanks anyway. I have cingular btw.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  My cell phone nukes my cordless phone. guess they're on the same frequency. My pencil sharpener makes my computer screen go all squiggley. My garage door opener turns the A\C off.

I think it's a Chinese plot for world domination. Either that or I just keep buying crap from Wal-Mart.
                  On one particularly bad night, the wife wanted to know why I was pointing the remote at her and wildly clicking.
                  I improvised with a story about how sometimes it freezes so I have to click it on random objects to get it to work...heck, it was worth a try at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    On one particularly bad night, the wife wanted to know why I was pointing the remote at her and wildly clicking.
                    I improvised with a story about how sometimes it freezes so I have to click it on random objects to get it to work...heck, it was worth a try at least.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      I have no idea what you said but thanks anyway. I have cingular btw.
                      It's ATT now, I have it too.
                      Guess that means when we chat it's free!

Comment

It's the pre-ring cell-phone handshaking with the cell tower to acknowledge that The phone is there, and that it's who they're trying to contact. My new ATT iPhone does it all the time. Really can annoy me on the entertainment system when that whacko buzz-tone goes right through a movie.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

It's ATT now, I have it too.
                          Guess that means when we chat it's free!
                          JC, do you see this?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Are you one of those guys that wiggles the batteries to get that last bit of juice so you don't have to get up and turn the channel?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Are you one of those guys that wiggles the batteries to get that last bit of juice so you don't have to get up and turn the channel?

J.C.
                              No, I'm one of those guys who's married to 5'-2" of raw fury.

Comment

Working...
                              X