X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• python in the washer

saw this morning on the news that an 8' python was found in the washer of a women in maine.

according to the expert, the snake came in from the water pipe. same expert said last year he removed a similar snake from a shower head.

sounds like the expert is not a plumber.

please explain how an 8' snake can possibly come through a 1/2'' pipe, hose bibb, solenoid valve.

maybe they had 1/4 turn full port hose bibbs

hopefully this is the link to the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5392310

maybe the news needs a plumbing expert to debunk these stories

i'm no snake expert, but i can guarantee you 100% the snake didn't come through the water line into the washer. and without even seeing the shower head story. that one is bogus too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: python in the washer

I could see it coming from the drain. But not the water pipes. Even if te water pipe was 4 " would the snake not drown ?

Comment

this reminds me of the bee/ wasp i was stung by on my tongue when i went to drink my soda 13 years ago.

could you believe i opened a soda can, sit it down between bites and went to take a drink when i felt something crunchy in my mouth. went to spit it out and i was stung

how does a live bee survive for weeks inside a soda can

i knew i should have called the media

i do have a witness. another plumber was with me at the job site and had no idea what just happened.

can you imagine the look on his face when i struggled to stick my tongue out and have him look for the stinger

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
        I could see it coming from the drain. But not the water pipes. Even if te water pipe was 4 " would the snake not drown ?
        i tried to figure that angle too. but after hearing the shower head story, i knew he was way off.

washing machines are typical 2'' drains with traps. sure a snake can fit.

then it has to squeeze through the 1'' drain hose through the pump of the washer. then the 1/4'' holes in the drum

like i said, the news needs to debunk the story first.

the shower head is another joke too.

i guess the animal control expert is not the plumbing expert

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

never let facts get in the way of a good story

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I'd ask her husband how the snake got there?

Comment

Rick

The bee/wasp/hornet in the soda is much more believable. It flew over and landed in the opening of the can when you set it down for a moment. I've had it happen with paper and plastic cups of soda outdoors. I set it down and in comes trouble. A good lesson is to only drink through a small diameter straw and do use covers.

A friend of mine some time back found a dead baby mouse inside a quart size glass (think history) CocaCola bottle with the cap on tight. He showed it to the manager of the market. He put it in the office and thanked my friend for showing it to him. Then he gave my friend a quart bottle of Pepsi for free and said "I bet you won't be drinking anymore Coke for a long time.".

Comment

there is realistic way that snake could have made it through the drain and the pump of the washer, on into the washer and even then to get from the outer tub to the inside tub, the only way that snake got in that washer was via the lid, of the machine,

and no way through the water lines, period,
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Officer, I cannot tell lie. I put that python in the washing machine

Everyone gets 15 minutes of fame right?
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote=Woussko;158404]Rick

The bee/wasp/hornet in the soda is much more believable. It flew over and landed in the opening of the can when you set it down for a moment. quote]

woussko, exactly my point

the snake in the shower head is even more far fetched.

either the news like to sensationalize stories or the snake wrangler needs to go see the psych dr.

i think the news needs to hire a plumber to calm down the mass hysteria. i had to explain to a homeowner today that this was impossible. you can use your laundry now.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Sort of makes you want to go looking for places to stick a snake.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Sort of makes you want to go looking for places to stick a snake.
                        That just sounds funny

Yet another slow news day in Maine.

FAKE!
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

That is awful good luck getting her to do your laundry ever again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            saw this morning on the news that an 8' python was found in the washer of a women in maine.

according to the expert, the snake came in from the water pipe. same expert said last year he removed a similar snake from a shower head.

sounds like the expert is not a plumber.

please explain how an 8' snake can possibly come through a 1/2'' pipe, hose bibb, solenoid valve.

maybe they had 1/4 turn full port hose bibbs

hopefully this is the link to the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5392310

maybe the news needs a plumbing expert to debunk these stories

i'm no snake expert, but i can guarantee you 100% the snake didn't come through the water line into the washer. and without even seeing the shower head story. that one is bogus too.

rick.
                            It's would be a toss up between you and Mark I think Rick. Both well qualified to take on the role of the

"Houdini of Plumbing -Seeking out, exposing, and debunking all fakers and incompetent contractors"

Should we put it to a vote?

For those who may not realize, Houdini hated all the fake mediums and others who would take peoples money. He spent a good part of his life tracking them down, exposing how they tricked people, and the slight of hand they used to separate people from their money. At the same time he sought out the graves of the great magicians who had come before him and paid out of his pocket to maintain their grave sites and in many cases to erect tombstones where none existed.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 07-18-2008, 05:06 PM.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Did read this same subject posted on another board, And one person add they had a similar situation with a snake in a washer, there theory was the snake came in the dryer vent and then some how worked it way into the washer, from up under the cabinet, and if the door of the dryer was open, or the vent tore or some thing, I could see that as a possibility, at least more plausible than from the pipes.
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X