X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the first day

Of the no more smoking me. This is going to be fun around 10am when I go see my first customer and want to rip his head off for not backing up his computer!!! How in the world am I going to deal with customers when I feel like I hate everything???

I think I'll stop and get some of the nicotine gum. And some aspirin. Then call my friends that are in the stop-smoking club with me. Then I might be able to meet the customer and be able to fix his system without actually committing an act of violence!

To those of you that have already gone through this and made it, I applaud you. This is really hard stuff to do!

By the way, this is my post to absolve me of any really REALLY stupid posts I may make in the next week or so. This differs from my usual level of stupidity in that they won't make any sense at all and will probably anger some of you. I want you to know that I respect all of you very much. Please don't take what I write in the wrong spirit. It's just me trying to type through a haze of lack of nicotine. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Re: Today is the first day

I should quit too. I just need a little push to actually commit! It is a lot easier in an office though not as much time in the truck that is when i really chain smoke! GOOD LUCK SANDY WAY TO GO!!!!
    Last edited by wrench spinner; 07-18-2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: im a moron

Comment

Good luck with this Sandy.

wrench spinner, consider yourself pushed.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

GOOD LUCK SANDY!
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          I should quit too. I just need a little push to actually commit! It is a lot easier in an office though not as much time in the truck that is when i really chain smoke! GOOD LUCK SANDY WAY TO GO!!!!
          Does your girlfriend smoke
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

No she doesn't Joey, and i know what you are thinking yes she is still just my girlfriend for a little longer!

Comment

It'll get better after the first two weeks. Nicotine withdrawal can be a *****.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                No she doesn't Joey, and i know what you are thinking yes she is still just my girlfriend for a little longer!
                Actually, what I was thinking was if she doesn't that is your push.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

true!

Comment

Sandy

The best of luck to you. Over time you'll really get your rewards. You'll breath again, sleep better and good food won't taste like &^%$. Your second challenge is to not get into the idea that because you're not smoking you got to eat too much. Just take it one day at a time and go easy on yourself. If you just have to do one or 2 smokes a day that's soooooo much better than 25 a day. Do talk to your doctor as there are several medications that help keep people from going totally wild-insane from the withdrawal.

Above all else, go somewhere way out and HOWL HOWL HOWL. It just feels good and vents stress and frustration. Please just try it.

Finally get a good strong rope and as a last resort if you do go apeus have your husband and some buddies tie you to the bed. NO not for kinky stuff, but to protect everyone, especially you. Remember that's a last resort only thing. I really doubt it will ever be needed but it's there just in case.

One final note and this is super important for everyone trying to quit. For every week you go with NO smoking at all, give yourself a nice reward with the $$$ you have just saved. Pay off a loan, get that special new tool, CDs or DVD. Maybe take a few friends and have a nice meal and see a good movie. Just do something special. When you do well you deserve a little reward. Now if you give into your old and bad ways, then punishment is needed. Only eat Hush Hound for that week. Make yourself burn up all your cigs. That's right burn them all. Every last one of them. Give up your car keys so you can't go get more of them. Have someone tuff around that knows the meaning of true "Tuff Love" and that will enforce it. You do well you get a reward. You mess up and out comes the old "Cat-O-Nine Tails" and whap. OK Maybe not that but something.
                    Last edited by Woussko; 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Part 2

After a month of 0, that's zero smoking you will feel sooooo much better. After 3 and then 6 months you'll be where you can't stand it to be around anyone that does smoke. Get ready to have new NON smoking friends and to rid yourself of any that do smoke. You really must not go where people smoke ever again. It will make you very sick if you do. If you get mail or a box that smells, have someone else open it outdoors and air it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Does your girlfriend smoke
                        just after sex

rick.

sandy best of luck and if the boys could do it, the girls can do it too
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Good luck Sandy and hope you make it through it.

I quit 8 years ago but it took 3 times mostly because of me. If you can use the gum go for it and if not try the patch thats what worked for me.

Again good luck.

shup

Comment

We're all rootin for ya!
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              just after sex

rick.

sandy best of luck and if the boys could do it, the girls can do it too
                              We need a smilie of me spewing coffee all over my monitor after that one!

Comment

Working...
                              X