This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Messiah is coming

Good point by NHmaster. I don't like G.W.B. much at all, but I certainly don't blame him for all the current economic problems.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

There's our little media-messiah now.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        And if your 10 year old son got involved in politics and climbed to the level of presidential candidate and I liked what he had to say about the issues, he would get my vote also.

Mccain may have more experience, but I don't agree with his political leanings, and niether do the majority of Americans according to the latest polls.
        I figure it this way...
        Why would McCain risk his life and refuse to leave his fellow POW's when given the chance?
        Why would McCain stand up against special interest pay-offs from the tobacco industry and almost lose his career over it?

What motivates a man to make decisions like that?

What major decisions has Obama made in his career to better our country?
        What personal risks has he taken for the better good of America?

What motivates him?

I'll even go as far as to say I don't like McCains stance on illegal immigration...but then he may know more about the true logistics and costs on the topic than I do.

Again, Obama has a lot of great things to say, but in a time with so much trouble coming from so many directions...I'm ALL for two things...
        Experience, proven integrity.

Comment

Look at the frontal cortex on that kid

That's one bulbous head

Comment

When things are perceived to be going well for the country, the president gets too much credit for it.

When things are perceived to be going poorly in the country, the president gets too much blame.

Whoever is elected might be in a great position. Things turn around, take the credit. Things get worse, blame the previous administration.

J.C.

Comment

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...566841,00.html
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

He went to Iraq, told the leader what he wanted to hear and he's brilliant!

In 16 months when it becomes apparent that Iraq cannot sustain itself without U.S. troops...do we get to take our votes back?
                Last edited by DuckButter; 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

McCain obviously knows the American public wants the troops out, he obviously knows telling us he'll take them out immediately would help his campaign.
                  Why isn't he saying it?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    McCain obviously knows the American public wants the troops out, he obviously knows telling us he'll take them out immediately would help his campaign.
                    Why isn't he saying it?
                    Obviously he isn't listening to Americans. I wish we never went to Iraq, its a waste of US tax dollars. The prime minister wants us out. I could care less about Iraq, I pay taxes to take care of THIS country not some Asian country. Bring our troops home!!! This war is a waste of money and american lives.

Comment

I don't think the first Mrs. Mc Cain could have been shacked up with anybody because of her physical state. I also don't think Mc Cain understands the difference between right and wrong. He lost a total of five aircraft, not one, like popular media like to present. Look beyond his service record of being a POW. Much of his behavior after the stint in the Hanoi Hilton is much less than exemplary military service.

From Vietnam Veterans Against McCain:
                      "Navy pilot John Sidney McCain III should have never been allowed to graduate from the U.S. Navy flight school. He was a below average student and a lousy pilot. Had his father and grandfather not been famous four star U.S. Navy admirals, McCain III would have never been allowed in the cockpit of a military aircraft.

His father John S. "Junior" McCain was commander of U.S. forces in Europe later becoming commander of American forces in Vietnam while McCain III was being held prisoner of war. McCain III's grandfather John S. McCain, Sr. commanded naval aviation at the Battle of Okinawa in 1945.

During his relative short stunt on flight status, McCain III lost five U.S. Navy aircraft, four in accidents and one in combat.

Robert Timberg, author of The Nightingale's Song, a book about Annapolis graduates and their tours in Vietnam, wrote that McCain "learned to fly at Pensacola, though his performance was below par, at best good enough to get by. He liked flying, but didn't love it."

McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom.

McCain's second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. "Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula," Timberg wrote, "he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral."

McCain's third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game.

Timberg reported that McCain radioed, "I've got a flameout" and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees.

McCain's fourth aircraft loss occurred July 29, 1967, soon after he was assigned to the USS Forrestal as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot. While seated in the cockpit of his aircraft waiting his turn for takeoff, an accidently fired rocket slammed into McCain's plane. He escaped from the burning aircraft, but the explosions that followed killed 134 sailors, destroyed at least 20 aircraft, and threatened to sink the ship.

McCain's fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain's A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms and a leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi."

and from The U. S. Veteran's Dispatch:

Before John McCain's tour of duty in Vietnam, he married Carol Shepp, a model from Philadelphia. On his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam in 1967, McCain was shot down and captured.
                      While he was imprisoned, Carol was in an auto wreck (1969), thrown through her car's windshield and left seriously injured. Despite her injures, she refused to allow her POW husband to be notified about her condition, fearing that such news would not be good for him while he was being held prisoner.

When McCain returned to the United States in 1973 after more than five years as a prisoner of war, he found his wife was a different person. The accident "left her 4 inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight."

Yearning to make the grade of admiral, McCain enrolled in the National War College at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. and underwent physical therapy in order to fly again. The Navy excused his permanent disabilities and reinstated him to flight status, effectively positioning him for promotion.

In his book, The Nightingale's Song, Robert Timberg chronicled McCain's post-Vietnam military assignments and some of his "adulterous" behavior leading to his divorce from Carol and marriage to Cindy Hensley.

Timberg wrote, "in the fall of 1974, McCain was transferred to Jacksonville as the executive officer of Replacement Air Group 174, the long-sought flying billet at last a reality. A few months later, he assumed command of the RAG, which trained pilots and crews for carrier deployments. The assignment was controversial, some calling it favoritism, a sop to the famous son of a famous father and grandfather [both were Navy admirals], since he had not first commanded a squadron, the usual career path."

While Executive Officer and later as Squadron Commander McCain used his authority to arrange frequent flights that allowed him to carouse with subordinates and "engage in extra-marital affairs." Such behavior was a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice rules against adultery and fraternization with subordinates..

Timberg wrote, "Off duty, usually on routine cross-country flights to Yuma and El Centro, John started carousing and running around with women. To make matters worse, some of the women with whom he was linked by rumor were subordinates . . . At the time the rumors were so widespread that, true or not, they became part of McCain's persona, impossible not to take note of."

In early 1977, Admiral Jim Holloway, Chief of Naval Operations promoted McCain to captain and transferred him from his command position "to Washington as the number-two man in the Navy's Senate liaison office. It wasn't long before the "fun loving and irreverent" McCain had turned the liaison office into a "late-afternoon gathering spot where senators and staffers, usually from the Armed Services and Foreign Relations committees, would drop in for a drink and the chance to unwind."

In 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, McCain met Cindy Hensley, an attractive 25-year-old woman from a very wealthy politically-connected Arizona family. Cindy's father, Jim, founded the Hensley and Company, the nation's third-largest Anheuser-Busch distributor.

McCain described their first meeting, "She was lovely, intelligent and charming, 17 years my junior but poised and confident. I monopolized her attention the entire time, taking care to prevent anyone else from intruding on our conversation. When it came time to leave the party, I persuaded her to join me for drinks at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. By the evening's end, I was in love."

While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy. He married Cindy in May 1980 -- just a month after dumping Carol and securing a divorce. The newlyweds honeymooned in Hawaii.

McCain followed his young, millionairess wife back to Arizona where her father helped catapult McCain into politics,

Today, Cindy Hensley McCain is chairwoman of Hensley's board of directors. Hensley and Company financial reports show assets worth a minimum of $28 million for the McCains."

Jim Don

Comment

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/7...320/245/554022

More media frenzy...US troops giving obama a standing ovation.
                        Last edited by Service Guy; 07-20-2008, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Obviously he isn't listening to Americans. I wish we never went to Iraq, its a waste of US tax dollars. The prime minister wants us out. I could care less about Iraq, I pay taxes to take care of THIS country not some Asian country. Bring our troops home!!! This war is a waste of money and american lives.
                          If Iraq were unable to fend off being over-run with Muslim extremists and became another Afghanistan with training camps all over & active anti-American propaganda encouraging families to send off their 10 year old boys to school to learn how to kill us, if we were once again subjected to attacks like 911...would it matter then?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            If Iraq were unable to fend off being over-run with Muslim extremists and became another Afghanistan with training camps all over & active anti-American propaganda encouraging families to send off their 10 year old boys to school to learn how to kill us, if we were once again subjected to attacks like 911...would it matter then?
                            I agree with Obama, we should have and should be putting more military effort into Afghanistan in the first place, not Iraq. The bush administration botched it up big-time. And Mccain supports it.

Comment

Does everyone forget, that we went into Iraq with "weapons of mass destruction" as our motive, despite heavy resistance from the UN, and then we found nothing in the way of our WMDs?

Comment

Anyway, like it or not, it looks like Obama will be our next president.

Comment

Working...
                                X