X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN, Black in America

Is anybody watching this series? It's causing nothing but hate and discontent in my house. No reply needed, just needed to vent.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: CNN, Black in America

How will this country ever get over discrimination of ANY kind if the media keeps bringing this up? How about just being an AMERICAN in America? Must it always be a black and white thing? Maybe thats why I watch FOX

Comment

That's why I watch the disney channel.......no politics there
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Reporting on racism will always be good for ratings in my opinion. I think that is true because although I feel America is a work in progress and always moving towards equality, with every new generation some people just don't get the message. Regarding Fox News, I watch it but the slant is towards conservatives. Conservatives put their spin on what they believe is the news and liberals do the same things, then we have to watch it and figure out what's fair and balanced. Getting back to the "Black in America" thing, reporters will continue to dig for stories to fuel this topic but how difficult is that to do when a man is chain behaind a pick up and dragged to his death because he is Black? It's probably never going to stop altoghether so it has got to be discussed, brought out into the open and maybe educate some folks. We don't have to watch it, I caught a few minutes of it with the two brothers one of whom was lighter skinned and had a better life? Will it change anything? I never believed the whole "Driving while Back" thing years ago until more and more reports proved it to be true. Now this is something Black folks already knew! Kind of depressing that this crap is still going on but compared to the early days of Civil Rights there has been a lot of progress made.

Comment

But then you have situations like you do in Detroit, where the mayor there, Kwame Kilpatrick, is a complete piece of trash. He has lied under oath during an inquest into the firing of some police officers, he has cheated the people of Detroit out of millions of dollars, and he continues to ride high, thinking that he is invincible, while the city of Detroit crumbles around him. All the while, he is claiming that there is a racist plot out to destroy him, that the black female D.A. that is prosecuting him is "doing the white man's work". And he is doing all of this while business leaders are paying into his legal fund - and about 90% of them are white, and his whole legal team is white lawyers! But he's being oppressed because he's black?!?!!

I listen to a talk-radio station out of Detroit, and it is amazing to hear the amount of people who think it is a white-against-black thing, or that it is the suburbs-versus-the-inner-city thing. Too many black community members are supporting this piece of crap and rallying behind him, simply because he is black. They're saying that it's racist for white people to want him out.

Now, I know things up here in Canada are not perfect. But we do have a little bit more of an open mind when it comes to races and creeds and multiculturalism. The plain point that myself, and others (black, white, red, brown, and yellow) on this side of the border who have been following this debacle can see, is that if this man was white, he would have been gone years ago. If he didn't have the audacity to be continually playing the race card, and causing people to say, "oh wait, I can't get embroiled in this and look like I'm a racist crusader", he would have been relieved of his job and justifiably thrown in jail ages ago. A buddy of mine (a black guy, to give it context), has said to me that if Kwame Kilpatrick and Bill Clinton had reversed positions, things would be completely different. If a black person in power (president or mayor), had gone through the Lewinsky affair, then there would likely be no impeachment. However, if Bubba Bill was the mayor of Detroit, and doing what Kwame has been doing these last few years, and had the string of accusations of crimes that Kwame is currently looking at, he would be out of office in a blink, and would be facing 15 years in jail, if not more.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hate to see that the main ones who play the race card do so because of a laziness to strive for a higher achievement, or some sort of a sense of defeat, by "playing possum" if you will, and accusing someone of being racist just so they can get ahead or out of trouble. It's ugly to see someone claim racism when it wasn't a factor at all, when it's just used as the ultimate nuclear trump card. As my buddy says, not many white people are racist anymore (openly or internally), but black people sure are. A generalization, I know, but it does have a bit of truth to it.

Comment

Mayor of Providence RI, Buddy Cianci did alot of what this guy is doing.
            He got away with it for many years.
            The majority of citizens of RI chose to side with him, even after being prosecuted, he isn't black.

He was viewed as somewhat of a "Robin hood" type politician...as I'm guessing this Chicago mayor is...the Chicago mayor is just using a different format to appease the masses and rationalize his actions.

The race card is getting old, even many black folks are sick of it, but as long as public figures can use something to make themselves more identifiable to the poor, working class...they'll use it.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Is anybody watching this series? It's causing nothing but hate and discontent in my house. No reply needed, just needed to vent.
              Sorry Ben have not been watching the series but if its causing problems in your house change the channel
              Good luck bud hope things work out

Comment

Not quite that easy Bill.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Ben, keep an eye out for hot grits.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                    But then you have situations like you do in Detroit, where the mayor there, Kwame Kilpatrick, is a complete piece of trash. He has lied under oath during an inquest into the firing of some police officers, he has cheated the people of Detroit out of millions of dollars, and he continues to ride high, thinking that he is invincible, while the city of Detroit crumbles around him. All the while, he is claiming that there is a racist plot out to destroy him, that the black female D.A. that is prosecuting him is "doing the white man's work". And he is doing all of this while business leaders are paying into his legal fund - and about 90% of them are white, and his whole legal team is white lawyers! But he's being oppressed because he's black?!?!!

I listen to a talk-radio station out of Detroit, and it is amazing to hear the amount of people who think it is a white-against-black thing, or that it is the suburbs-versus-the-inner-city thing. Too many black community members are supporting this piece of crap and rallying behind him, simply because he is black. They're saying that it's racist for white people to want him out.

Now, I know things up here in Canada are not perfect. But we do have a little bit more of an open mind when it comes to races and creeds and multiculturalism. The plain point that myself, and others (black, white, red, brown, and yellow) on this side of the border who have been following this debacle can see, is that if this man was white, he would have been gone years ago. If he didn't have the audacity to be continually playing the race card, and causing people to say, "oh wait, I can't get embroiled in this and look like I'm a racist crusader", he would have been relieved of his job and justifiably thrown in jail ages ago. A buddy of mine (a black guy, to give it context), has said to me that if Kwame Kilpatrick and Bill Clinton had reversed positions, things would be completely different. If a black person in power (president or mayor), had gone through the Lewinsky affair, then there would likely be no impeachment. However, if Bubba Bill was the mayor of Detroit, and doing what Kwame has been doing these last few years, and had the string of accusations of crimes that Kwame is currently looking at, he would be out of office in a blink, and would be facing 15 years in jail, if not more.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hate to see that the main ones who play the race card do so because of a laziness to strive for a higher achievement, or some sort of a sense of defeat, by "playing possum" if you will, and accusing someone of being racist just so they can get ahead or out of trouble. It's ugly to see someone claim racism when it wasn't a factor at all, when it's just used as the ultimate nuclear trump card. As my buddy says, not many white people are racist anymore (openly or internally), but black people sure are. A generalization, I know, but it does have a bit of truth to it.
                    It is ignorance on the part of the people that want to give someone a break because they are black.

Comment

"As my buddy says, not many white people are racist anymore (openly or internally), but black people sure are. A generalization, I know, but it does have a bit of truth to it." I'll bet your buddy is not black! I'm not black either so it's real easy to imagine racism is behind us but it's alive and well for those who are the victims of racism. Sure there are blacks who play the race card to their advantage, their wrong too. Must have been real bad years ago, segregation defended by politicians and police, not being allowed to buy a house or attend a school because of the color of your skin. Things have gotten better but I think unless you are a person of color you just wouldn't know what it's like?

Comment

Don't get this Irishman started!!!!Crap, crap ,craptey, crap
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          "As my buddy says, not many white people are racist anymore (openly or internally), but black people sure are. A generalization, I know, but it does have a bit of truth to it." I'll bet your buddy is not black! I'm not black either so it's real easy to imagine racism is behind us but it's alive and well for those who are the victims of racism. Sure there are blacks who play the race card to their advantage, their wrong too. Must have been real bad years ago, segregation defended by politicians and police, not being allowed to buy a house or attend a school because of the color of your skin. Things have gotten better but I think unless you are a person of color you just wouldn't know what it's like?
                          I'll agree with you that as a white guy, I can't thoroughly understand. But likewise, I can't thoroughly understand why someone can be given excess slack, unlimited strikes, and an almost omnipotent-support, simply because he/she is black.

I'll also admit that it was never as bad up here in Canada as it was in the U.S. south. Remember, the Underground Railroad ran up to here. We've always had a bit more understanding as Canadians that it's not the skin colour that makes the man, but rather the stuff on the inside, and that everyone should be given a chance.

And I'd think that there's more instances now, in today's modern times, not decades ago, that people in America "make" themselves out to have been given a rough edge and claim racism, by playing the race card, compared to the amount of people who are actually and truly discriminated against due to their race.

Comment

Racism is alive and well, not just white on black racism either. I have zero patience for people who play the race card and for people who go overboard and use past racism for the way a certain person or people act.

If you got a ticket for speeding, its not because you were black but because you were speeding. If you try to rob a man on the train and he shoots you, its not because youre black its because you deserved to get shot.

Comment

My interracial marriage blows that out of the water

Comment

Working...
                              X