X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel breakthrough?

Instead of spending billions to drill for new oil, I vote to put that money into projects like this. We'll just have to endure these high fuel prices for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      The specific microbes in the article relevant to this thread are not engineered, they naturally occur in volcanic vents on the sea floor, they die when exposed to oxygen.

Though I had heard of a potential way to mass produce hydrogen using E-coli ...apparently they give off hydrogen as a by-product.
      A good deal of monsters have come directly from the sea floor! Once they adapt to oxygen we are as good as dead.

Comment

Originally posted by thedcdude View Post
        Instead of spending billions to drill for new oil, I vote to put that money into projects like this. We'll just have to endure these high fuel prices for a few years.
        Easy to say for you and ServiceGuy since you are young and can wait it out. I say drill get the oil and the hell with the environment! Heck I've swam and fished plenty in the beautiful ocean, now I need cheap oil. Sorry guys you were just born too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          A good deal of monsters have come directly from the sea floor! Once they adapt to oxygen we are as good as dead.
          I'm all ears...name one.

Comment

The final stretch would be insanely expensive once the industry got wind of a realistic replacement for petro, which is hopefully inevitable.

Comment

asterplumb... I really must take you to task here for the use of the C word. I find it most distastfull in mixed company.
              sigpic

Comment

Easy to say for you and ServiceGuy since you are young and can wait it out. I say drill get the oil and the hell with the environment! Heck I've swam and fished plenty in the beautiful ocean, now I need cheap oil. Sorry guys you were just born too late.
                What about the future? Everyone is hell bent on drilling when they also need to find a sustanable energy source. The oil will run out one day and by then it will be to late. I would pay 5 per gal if 1 dollar of that was being used for renewable energy research.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

M and E

Someday my typing and proof reading skulls will impreve. Sorry
                  sigpic

Comment

The problem with exploratory research is you can't be sure it will ever pan out. That is why we need to take *both* approaches. Putting all our eggs in either the drilling basket (sure to produce results in the short term) or the research basket (hopefully will produce results in the long term) is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      asterplumb... I really must take you to task here for the use of the C word. I find it most distastfull in mixed company.
                      Hey I swear I didn't inhale. I did not have sexual relations with that woman

Comment

Until I see it at the pumps, I'm not getting excited.

You know damn right well that if it is produced for a dollar, there will be $2.00 added to that by the government because the statistical loss from revenues from gasoline will be staggering to the economy, transportation cabinet.

See,

It all comes around full circle.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          What about the future? Everyone is hell bent on drilling when they also need to find a sustanable energy source. The oil will run out one day and by then it will be to late. I would pay 5 per gal if 1 dollar of that was being used for renewable energy research.
                          I was trying to be sarcastic. The environment must be preserved at all cost. Some people treat our planet like a high school science experiment which can be repeated if failed, unfortunately this is not the case. I do think if people are forced to be responsible for their decisions and the quality of their work drilling should be relatively safe. I would prefer safe and clean alternatives right now or in the near future but we are faced with powerful lobbyists for big oil and legislators who will sell their souls rather than do the right thing. If France can have safe, clean nuclear energy why can't we? Plugin electric cars are capable of three hundred mile plus range on a single charge, why are they not being made affordable? What is the hold up????What guarantee do we have that if big oil discovered inexhaustable reserves right here in the USA tomorrow that they would sell it to us any cheaper???

Comment

That's right Dunbar. And when these companies get these alternative ethanols up and running the multi-billion dollar oil companies WILL buy them or the slowly the majority of their stock.

I emphasize WILL because alot of people have no idea the kind of unethical pressure powers are willing to impose.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              I'm all ears...name one.
                              "Beast From 20,000 Fathoms", "It Came From Beneath The Sea", "The Monster That Challeneged The World", "Gamera", and recently "Deep Rising".

Comment

"Beast From 20,000 Fathoms", "It Came From Beneath The Sea", "The Monster That Challeneged The World", "Gamera", and recently "Deep Rising".
                                Ok, that said, I'm terrified.

Comment

Working...
                                X