Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel breakthrough?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    I was trying to be sarcastic.
    Whew, I thought you were serious. Your joke is really how some people's attitudes really are. Thank's for clearing that up.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Until I see it at the pumps, I'm not getting excited.

You know damn right well that if it is produced for a dollar, there will be $2.00 added to that by the government because the statistical loss from revenues from gasoline will be staggering to the economy, transportation cabinet.

See,

It all comes around full circle.
      Excellent point, thought of adding that on an earlier post in this thread.
      One point of mention...
      The distilleries can be opened by almost anyone, rendering potential monopolies like OPEC, oil companies & refineries much less able to control prices like they are now.
      Not a bad prospect for a society where 1% of the population has 90% of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Whew, I thought you were serious. Your joke is really how some people's attitudes really are. Thank's for clearing that up.
        Sadly some people do have such attitudes along with some companies and countries. Here in the USA workers and citizens worked for years to get OSHA and the EPA to make the workplace and environment safer and cleaner, only to have polluters move to developing countries where there are no restrictions, no one to standup for the people and land. The American Lung Association and Cancer Society have campaigned for many years to get people to stop smoking, but if you see the push to get folks in developing countries to smoke you'd think there was a prize in every pack.

Comment

I'll try not to go into a rant but.....

In 1969 you could buy Sunoco 260 gas and have great engines and performance.
          In 1970 all of a sudden we were told by the year 2000 there will be no more oil on the planet!!!!! Gas prices went up and up to 79 cents a gallon. The aging Woodstockers here know this all too well!

Shell oil even tried to dupe us and in Chicago, they tried to sell us gas by the liter! There was almost a revolution so that plan died quickly.

In the mean time, many very smart people came up with alternative devices and science to accommodate this "man made" fuel shortage. You may find some remaining patents and plans tucked away in file cabinets in the basements of now deserted GM and Ford and Chrysler buildings in Detroit! The oil and car folks were just not interested, They knew what they were doing and as they do today, screw us!

Have you noticed an increase in auto commercials on tv? Same cars and all of a sudden they get 28-30mpg!!! Oh wait, freeze the small print..you then can read if you are alone on a highway cruising at 55-60mph, air conditioning off you may get these values..But driving a freeway in rush hour [10mph up hill] with the air conditioning on you'll still get 10mpg!

Then in the early 80's we sold our soles to the damn arabs and they now are the root cause of all this grief!
          For now I say give each one of them a goat, a tent and one of those karan books so they can return to the 7th century and be happy doing honor killings and be-headings! Oh and take away any technology not used in the 7th century..Then things will settle down.

As far as the environment goes..we are again being sold a bill of goods here too.
          Yes our air is cleaner, Yes we no longer have cars that pollute as much, but a what price?
          Hell we took all our pollution and gave it to China! Are you aware that they are even making bullets for us!!!! And at military funerals in AZ they had to "pretend" to do the 21 gun salute as the Chinneese sent the wrong bullets..and they did not fit in the guns!
          So they now play a CD of the 21 gun salute! Not bull, My Father in law had a military funeral and I was shocked at this!

Until recently some folks in Washington DC [the capital] decided maybe it's a good idea to only fly flags that are made in USA It does not look too good having that "made/heche/en china/mexico label" flapping in the breeze!

Am I passionate here you bet....

For you young liberal tree huggers...I'm fine with let's save a tree ..I say wipe your butt with an owl!

Cactus man....I did spend time in the NAVY and I can speak freely it's my right
          so no flames!

Comment

I don't agree with everything in your post CactusMan. But anyone with patriotism that tells someone to wipe their azz with an owl is alright with me.

Salute!

J.C.

Comment

I think this fuel crisis is actually a good thing for the long term of America. It's jumpstarted the alternative fuel technology that never would of happened if gas was still $1 per gallon. If gas stayed cheap then the money would still be going to opec so someone can buy a million dollar camel. I think in 15 years, the pull the opec has on the world will be dramatically lower.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                I'll try not to go into a rant but.....

In 1969 you could buy Sunoco 260 gas and have great engines and performance.
                In 1970 all of a sudden we were told by the year 2000 there will be no more oil on the planet!!!!! Gas prices went up and up to 79 cents a gallon. The aging Woodstockers here know this all too well!

Shell oil even tried to dupe us and in Chicago, they tried to sell us gas by the liter! There was almost a revolution so that plan died quickly.

In the mean time, many very smart people came up with alternative devices and science to accommodate this "man made" fuel shortage. You may find some remaining patents and plans tucked away in file cabinets in the basements of now deserted GM and Ford and Chrysler buildings in Detroit! The oil and car folks were just not interested, They knew what they were doing and as they do today, screw us!

Have you noticed an increase in auto commercials on tv? Same cars and all of a sudden they get 28-30mpg!!! Oh wait, freeze the small print..you then can read if you are alone on a highway cruising at 55-60mph, air conditioning off you may get these values..But driving a freeway in rush hour [10mph up hill] with the air conditioning on you'll still get 10mpg!

Then in the early 80's we sold our soles to the damn arabs and they now are the root cause of all this grief!
                For now I say give each one of them a goat, a tent and one of those karan books so they can return to the 7th century and be happy doing honor killings and be-headings! Oh and take away any technology not used in the 7th century..Then things will settle down.

As far as the environment goes..we are again being sold a bill of goods here too.
                Yes our air is cleaner, Yes we no longer have cars that pollute as much, but a what price?
                Hell we took all our pollution and gave it to China! Are you aware that they are even making bullets for us!!!! And at military funerals in AZ they had to "pretend" to do the 21 gun salute as the Chinneese sent the wrong bullets..and they did not fit in the guns!
                So they now play a CD of the 21 gun salute! Not bull, My Father in law had a military funeral and I was shocked at this!

Until recently some folks in Washington DC [the capital] decided maybe it's a good idea to only fly flags that are made in USA It does not look too good having that "made/heche/en china/mexico label" flapping in the breeze!

Am I passionate here you bet....

For you young liberal tree huggers...I'm fine with let's save a tree ..I say wipe your butt with an owl!

Cactus man....I did spend time in the NAVY and I can speak freely it's my right
                so no flames!
                You speak the truth! Look how far technology has brought us with the cars of today? I used to have to change points and condensor every three thousand or so miles years ago at a cost of five or six dollars. Now cars can go thirty thousand miles before they could require a few sensors, coil packs or computer repair of a thousand dollars or more, so much for progress. The quality of the food products and metal goods coming from China, India and Mexico are putting us at risk. We are losing control of too much. Global economy, NAFTA, trade deficit, no matter how people choose to expalin these things we the people end up losing while others profit.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

There has been cars that get those gas millage around for years. But Bankers/Lawyers/Doctors/Sport Celebrities/Movie and TV Celebrities don't want one, they would rather have a big SUV, so it'll make their manhood look bigger or they are just showing off their power of success. Then you get H.O.s (home owners) that want the big trucks, so their family will be safer on the roads. 28-30 mpg just isn't good enough for these days, we need cars doing 50-60 mpg or even better. There has been engines built to be able to do this kind of gas millage, but where did they go, did our Govt. step in and now own the patents or was it the big car designers?

Then in the early 80's we sold our soles to the damn Arabs and they now are the root cause of all this grief!

They are not the cause of all this grief. Sh!t, they were idiots, until our investment companies from this country went to teach them on how to invest and make more money, because their oil will not last forever, then what. So our companies here, in the US starts to see dollars in their heads. Here is a new way to make even more money, we'll go over there and teach these guys on how to invest and raise profit margins. At the same time, our investment companies are making a bundle teaching them and investing their money.

Hell we took all our pollution and gave it to China!

We didn't give it to China for god sake, we gave it to the whole damn world. But if we didn't do this, some other country would have started the, World of Technology.

Or get a bidet...
                  Now about the ammo thing, I didn't know about that one, "What a Shame"....
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Everyone here should look into an "HHO" generator for the work vehicles 30% to 60% gains in fuel mileage and yes I am currently testing one..

Comment

Originally posted by SteamOperator View Post
                      Everyone here should look into an "HHO" generator for the work vehicles 30% to 60% gains in fuel mileage and yes I am currently testing one..
                      Browns gas
                      I looked into it and from what I learned it takes more energy to produce the gas than it gives off.
                      Maybe there's been a new developement...keep us informed.

Comment

They need to find a way to generate power from sewage. There's more than enough crap in this country to go around
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SteamOperator View Post
                          Any links you can post?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            They need to find a way to generate power from sewage. There's more than enough crap in this country to go around
                            I mentioned they may have...
                            E-coli mixed into sewage apparently yields alotta hydrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              A good deal of monsters have come directly from the sea floor! Once they adapt to oxygen we are as good as dead.

Could you list the dates and times of the movies you watched on the SciFi channel that you base this conclusion on ?
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                                Could you list the dates and times of the movies you watched on the SciFi channel that you base this conclusion on ?
                                You do realize that I'm joking?, or are those movies based on fact???

Comment

Working...
                                X