X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAA Alkaline Cells - Saving $$$

If any of you ever need size AAAA alkaline cells which are thinner than AAA cells but cost big money as they aren't too popular, you can get 6 of them cheap if you're willing to do a little work to get them. Buy (1) Duracell MN1604 battery which is the popular 9 Volt type with snap terminals. Then using care remove the terminal end and you'll have 6 of the AAAA cells. I've done it when I need them and 6 of them that way cost less than a pack of just 2 of the AAAA cells do when I can even find them.

I know most of you won't ever want or need 6 of them but just in case someone does this is a way to get them for a lot less $$$.

Please do use care and take your time cutting a battery apart.

WARNING: You really best not do this without proper protection and a good understanding of what may happen if you do cut things open.
    Last edited by Woussko; 07-30-2008, 02:19 AM.

Re: AAAA Alkaline Cells - Saving $$$

Why do I see moles dancing across my screen?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I just keep learning more and more great stuff thanks to guys like you! I never even heard of a AAAA battery. Sure enough when I did a Google search there was a short video on hacking apart a 9volt battery just as you said. I like to use rechargeable batteries as much as possible and have several AA, AAA, and D NIMH and CR123A LION batteries. I wonder if I can get a rechargeable 9 volt and separate the cells then fit them in my charger? You just gave me some great ideas. Thanks!

Comment

I just figured it out! Woussko do you ever test your batteries on your tongue, by chance?
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          I just figured it out! Woussko do you ever test your batteries on your tongue, by chance?
          Joey
          If you mean the 9 Volt snap terminal ones, the answer is at at one time I did but I really didn't like it. Us hounds are more sensitive in our feelings than most humans are when it comes to flowing electrons passing through our body parts. Sorry about that.

Joey
          Do you mean a battery as per the picture below?

Now if you are gonna say that back in high school it was the big rage to tongue test them, then you must be older than I think you are. I'm an OLD hound here. Old and sick and baying far too much. I'm such a

WARNING: Please think about what may happen if things go wrong. For the few $ saved by doing as crazy Woussko may do, is it worth the chance of getting yourself hurt? I think maybe not.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Woussko; 07-30-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

UPDATE

I really never should have started this thread. It's too much work to cut open a 9 Volt battery without cutting into the cells. If you do cut into one watch out for your tools and hands. Trash it fast and wash your hands and tools well and do so quickly. You do not want battery electrolyte getting on your hands.

For reasons of safety, I must warn anyone that does cut open a battery or cell to be careful and do what you can to protect yourself. Better yet, just don't cut them open. Woussko = BAD old howling hound ... BAD Woussko .. BAD DOG
            Last edited by Woussko; 07-30-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X