Obama in afghanistan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama in afghanistan

Yes, it's a new day but the problems are still here and there are no solutions forth coming. I think of America as a work in progress but at this particular moment the experiment of freedom is on a downward slide. Crude oil and the people who control it are doing exactly what the terrorists failed to accomplish. The way out of this mess in my opinion is emergency legislation to combat the damage done by big oil. Set government limits on their profits and make it retroactive, suspend all trading on oil futures. Democrats and republicans aside, Americans are suffering and some will die because oil is an essential commodity with no alternative for most. Most Americans are on fixed incomes and it is a matter of survival not complaining or fairness that requires action to be taken. I welcome anything that will stabilize our economy and bring us back to a time of hope and growth. Experts speak of a strong economy in spite of unemployment rising. I don't know how they calculate such things but in my opinion unless we bring back jobs to employ Americans who are here legally and figure out a way to have them sustain their lives, things will continue to get worse. Republicans and democrats are very similar, neither party cares enough about Americans to do what it takes to fix the problems! McCain and Obama have both made it clear that border security and the issue of illegals are not going to be resolved, so we are faced with this continuing problem. I hope these two groups came up with some good things in the energy bill, or else we are sunk. Expect higher taxes in the future because no matter who get elected, those who are still earning incomes will pay for the increasing number of Americans who are unemployed. You will also pay higher taxes at the pump to make up for the lower consumption of gasoline and the loss of tax revenues. You will pay more social security taxes to compensate the illegals who are burdening our economy and will collect these benefits! Take off the political glasses that alter your vision and for a moment see the problems and how both parties are responsible. Now consider what it will take to undo the damage, to get America back to those times of limitless growth and national pride. This cannot happen in a society that does not make what it consumes, a society who's wealth is bled off to others never to return. For things to change there must be a change, and Obama and McCain do not offer change.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      So now it's the next day and I've calmed down.

You know what I want too see.?

Solutions. I want a candidate that gives me real, workable solutions and hope.

I'm tired of the negative talk. What can't be done, Everything that is wrong. What terrible people we are.

This nation put a man on the moon in 10 short years because we wanted to.

This nation has answered the challange of WW1 + WW2 and was victorious.

This nation ended slavery, passed the civil rights act and womans sufferage.

This nation is the birthplace of computers, technology and the internet.

This nation can do any damn thing we put our minds to.

Stop telling me what I can't do.

This is my real problem with Democrats. Not their plans or policies (what few there are) It's all the gloom and doom. The you can't do it without the government's help attitude. We don't trust you to manage your own money or insurance or job. We can't drill off the coast because 30 years ago we had an oil spill. Boo Hoo. We might as well not drill for new oil because it will take 10 years to get it to the pumps ( 6 months to drill, 9 1/2 years to get the paperwork done) Even so, I'll still be here in 10 years and so will you. We can't build neuclear plants because 9mile island actually worked. We Can't Can't Can't. So lets all sit around and wait for congress to do something?

There's so much bad information in this post that it essentially sums up how bad this and all the other crappy/inaccurate political threads are on this forum.

Stick to plumbing or talking about your close calls at work.

Start a seesnake love thread.

For gawd's sake stop it with the political threads....

Or at least do some research before you post.

Google can be your friend in these harsh political times.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Doing away with political threads might be a good idea. Everyone here pretty much understands where we all stand, and beating on one another will not change our minds or the election outcome.Maybe we need to let this go?

Comment

I pretty much figure it is a given Obama will get in even though I think it will hurt the Country. Then we will have 4-8 years of a Carter economy where all of the investments go off-shore or to other Countries. It's time for everyone on this site to start getting prepared for hard times.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Doing away with political threads might be a good idea. Everyone here pretty much understands where we all stand, and beating on one another will not change our minds or the election outcome.Maybe we need to let this go?
            Frankie, for years I have admired the patriotism of the American people. I don't believe you see anything like that anywhere else in the world.

Yet that doesn't give anybody the right, nor the excuse, to believe the same garbage they've been fed for years - political, social, or otherwise. Nor should anybody pat themselves on the back for correcting their own mistakes of the past. That goes for anybody in any part of the world.

Times are hard for everyone all over the world. The most common problem faced by man for centuries has been staying warm and keeping fed.

Hopefully all of us, Americans, Canadians, Europeans, etc., will be able to not only survive but somehow prosper in these trying times.

Sometimes a change is as good as a rest. That may just apply to the America fall election.

I think it also should apply to some of these seriously skewed political threads as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
              There's so much bad information in this post that it essentially sums up how bad this and all the other crappy/inaccurate political threads are on this forum.

Stick to plumbing or talking about your close calls at work.

Start a seesnake love thread.

For gawd's sake stop it with the political threads....

Or at least do some research before you post.

Google can be your friend in these harsh political times.
              What exactly is "wrong"? You think we can't find and impliment solutions? You think the entire world is going down the toilet and there's nothing we can do about it? Is it time to start building bomb shelters or living in compounds in the woods.? You doubt Americas resolve? What? Shall we sit back and let the **** hit the fan? I don't get it.

Frankie, I know you hate big oil and I suppose I can even understand your reasoning but what do you think the economic reprocussions of limiting profits and raising their taxes would be ? I'm interested because I hear this solution often and I'm just not sure what the oil companies stratigy or reaction to such measures would be. Limbaugh and Hannity and a hos of others have offered their opinions, but I think they are pretty skewed at best.

And Tinmack - If you think I'm a right wing republican you could not be more wrong. The Republican party abandoned their ideals thirty years ago when they made Ronald Reagan their messia. Not that Reagan was a bad president, he was a great president, but he was no Republican. I sir am a Conservitave, neither republican nor democrat.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                NHmaster, what makes republicans any different? Why is it only democrats you are blaming for the 'doom and gloom'? Seems pretty one-sided and narrow-minded to me.
                NOTHING, as far as I can tell, it's all one big party with different animals on the lapel pins. All anyone of them care about is personal political power.
                See, you presume because I bash Democrats that I am a republican. I just bash the Democrats more because I loath their policies a bit more, but believe me, if you think I'm in love with McCain your are sadly mistaken.
                sigpic

Comment

And Tinmack - If you think I'm a right wing republican you could not be more wrong. The Republican party abandoned their ideals thirty years ago when they made Ronald Reagan their messia. Not that Reagan was a bad president, he was a great president, but he was no Republican. I sir am a Conservitave, neither republican nor democrat.

I don't think that, I didn't post that, nor do I really care. Believe what you want, but there's no need for misinformation regardless of what you, me, or anybody else thinks.

And I can sympathize with your situation. I was a Progressive Conservative for years in Canada, until they changed into the Conservative Party. Now, I'm a man without a party......probably more of a Red Tory...........

Comment

A man from another country telling us that we shouldn't talk politics...That is what is wrong with this country. We're too worried about what the rest of the world thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                      I don't think that, I didn't post that, nor do I really care. Believe what you want, but there's no need for misinformation regardless of what you, me, or anybody else thinks.

And I can sympathize with your situation. I was a Progressive Conservative for years in Canada, until they changed into the Conservative Party. Now, I'm a man without a party......probably more of a Red Tory...........
                      Ok, but what did I say that is misinformation?

And hell, your from Canada. Do you guys even have politics up there
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, but what did I say that is misinformation?

And hell, your from Canada. Do you guys even have politics up there

I think your reply is self-explanatory as to why I'm now staying away from any thread that is political.

Oh and by the way.....first binary/programmable computer was invented by a German.

And fixing your own mistakes regarding slavery and civil rights is certainly something to be proud of. Yet the fact that they existed, and the duration, certainly taints that pride somewhat.

I could go on, but I'm off the political thread bandwagon....
                        Last edited by tinmack; 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM.

Comment

ENIAC, short for Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer was the first general-purpose electronic computer. It was the first high-speed, Turing-complete, digital computer capable of being reprogrammed to solve a full range of computing problems,[2] though earlier machines had been built with some of these properties. ENIAC was designed and built to calculate artilleryfiring tables for the U.S. Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory.
                          The contract was signed on June 5, 1943 and Project PX was constructed by the University of Pennsylvania's Moore School of Electrical Engineering from July, 1943. It was unveiled on February 14, 1946 at Penn, having cost almost $500,000. ENIAC was shut down on November 9, 1946, for a refurbishment and a memory upgrade, and was transferred to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland in 1947. There, on July 29 of that year, it was turned on and would be in continuous operation until 11:45 p.m. on October 2, 1955.
                          ENIAC was conceived and designed by John Mauchly and J. Presper Eckert of the University of Pennsylvania.[3] The team of design engineers assisting the development included Bob Shaw (function tables), Chuan Chu (divider/square-rooter), Kite Sharpless (master programmer), Arthur Burks (multiplier), Harry Huskey (reader/printer), and Jack Davis (accumulators).

Slavery in Canada
                          was practiced for millennia by aboriginal nations, who routinely captured slaves from neighbouring tribes. However, chattel slavery (that form of hereditary slavery in which humans are regarded as the private property of an individual) started with the European settlement of Canada, appearing soon after the colonies were founded in the early 1600s. Most of the slaves were used as domestic house servants, although some performed agricultural labour. Some were of African descent, while others were aboriginal (typically called "panis", likely a corruption of Pawnee).

Hmmmm. Glass Houses.... Stones.......
                          sigpic

Comment

What exactly is "wrong"? You think we can't find and impliment solutions? You think the entire world is going down the toilet and there's nothing we can do about it? Is it time to start building bomb shelters or living in compounds in the woods.? You doubt Americas resolve? What? Shall we sit back and let the **** hit the fan? I don't get it.

Frankie, I know you hate big oil and I suppose I can even understand your reasoning but what do you think the economic reprocussions of limiting profits and raising their taxes would be ? I'm interested because I hear this solution often and I'm just not sure what the oil companies stratigy or reaction to such measures would be. Limbaugh and Hannity and a hos of others have offered their opinions, but I think they are pretty skewed at best.

I don't hate big oil, I hate the thought of Americans dying in the cold or choosing between gas for the car, heat for the home or food. I honestly believe the economic repercussions of the rise in the price of crude will devistate our economy and way of life. I don't think we can ignore the severe impact that this essential commodity has on our lives, it is because of the uniqueness of crude oil that I feel it must be regulated, profits regulated. I don't know what the reaction of big oil will be if it were to happen, I think it will not come to pass. Trading on oil futures probably will not stop either. I really think unless the price drops drastically the economy will continue to fail. We can choose to drink milk or eat eggs, buy electronics or use many different services, but we have no alternatives when it comes to driving, heating our homes or controlling the price of our food. I am speaking of people who currently use oil for home heating. I don't want to argue switching to natural gas or propane or electric heat at the moment. I would like you to consider the many Americans who are at the mercy of big oil and who have no choice. I do think when a company controls an essential commodity such as oil and can wreak havoc on our society, we must take action to protect the public and stabilize our economy. We are already seeing some of our rights or freedoms compromised to protect us from terrorists and keep us secure, I see no difference in limiting big oil profits or suspending stock trading of this commodity if it will result in restoring calm to a very unstable economy.

Comment

I like being an "Ugly American" That's us. The number one nation that the rest of the sniveling world comes to to bail their asses out when the crap hits the fan. The nation willing to put lives on the line to secure democracy and human rights all over the world. The nation that gives billions in foreign aid to countries that take the money with one hand and slap us with the other. TO HELL WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD. I'll be damned if I give two shits what France, Germany or for that matter any other nation thinks about us. Hell yes we are the ugly Americans and damned proud of it. You want to be a European? the by all means pack your bags and go.

9/11 made it perfectly clear that there are countless third world extremist thinkers who truly believe we need to die for NOT living an oppressed lifestyle like they do.
                              Silly as this sounds, I really think the number one motive for Al-Kaida is sexual frustration.
                              These are men (cavemen, literally) who want the entire world to force their women to cover their faces, shut up and be obedient.
                              We're talking a society that considers it wrong to eat with your left hand, because they have yet to accept the use of toilet paper and indoor plumbing.

They beleive it's religiously right to murder any who won't comply.
                              As I see it, they have evolved over generations to truly believe we are the reason they live such repressed lives by incredibly wealthy leaders who point to us to keep attention off themselves as they hoard the wealth of oil from the general populace.
                              This has become an example, many third world coutries see us as lavish, lazy and immoral for standing for freedom.

Rather than wanting to be more like us, they blame us.
                              As we educate them in our colleges, groom them with our foreign aid and listen to them cry "death to Americans", I just don't see how we can avoid standing up to this thinking.

**** is a perfect example of this mentality.
                              A diplomatic resolve could work, but it comes to a point where we absolutely cannot allow small third world bullies to continue this rediculous pattern.
                              Saddam Hussein, North Korea and now **** playing us with the same BS...threats or bluffs of WMD's and we immediately start crying about how we need to use diplomacy.

So yes...
                              I too, am an UGLY American.

Comment

What the F????! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopkn0lPzM8
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X