X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama in afghanistan

HEY JUST WANTED TO PASS THIS ON FOR ALL YOU VETERANS OUT THERE ! !
    Hi all FYI--for what freedom is worth.

Tiffany and Jeff Porter are our friends who live in Virginia .

--------- Forwarded Message ---------
    I don't know each of your personal political convictions, and apologize if anyone finds this offensive. I thought it was important enough to share. This is Jeff's first hand view of Senator Obama.

Tiffany

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
    Hello everyone,
    As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.
    He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle , got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the Clamshell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
    CAPT Jeffrey S. Porter
    Battle Captain
    TF Wasatch
    American Soldier

JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Re: Obama in afghanistan

Pretty much what I figured it was....an appearance, quick in and out.

Comment

Not trying to defend Obama, but there is a lot of misinformation on the Internet. A lot of people making up lies and passing them off as the truth. Got this from a Google seach.

Saturday, July 26, 2008
      A Question For CPT Jeffrey S. Porter; Obama-Smearer:
      Jeffrey S. Porter, of the Utah-based 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion, wrote an Obama-smearing "that guy hates the troops" screed the other day. Of course, his email got picked up by all the best right wing sites--it was ready-made for viral dissemination--and signed, "In service, CPT Jeffrey S. Porter, Battle Captain, TF Wasatch, American Soldier (married and father of 6 children)".

Now, after the Captain's note (and probably his service file?) was punched full of more holes than a post-SINKEX Spruance, the hapless Captain Porter is now saying something very different:

"I am writing this to ask that you delete my e-mail and not forward it, after checking my sources some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong. This e-mail was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the e-mail and if there are any blogs you have my e-mail portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too.”
      I challenge Captain Jeffrey S. Porter to produce a single letter to his immediate family that ends with "In service".

Yeah. And according to the Salt Lake Tribune, the guy--who deals with matters where veracity is of critical importance--is probably not going to be disciplined.

Comment

you guys need to check your facts before posting B.S. wishful thinking

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Typical hateful, lying smear job. This stuff is getting old Jerrymac. Its obvious you will post any old rumor that smears democrats. Post something useful based on THE FACTS next time.

The last thing we need is biased information.
          Last edited by Service Guy; 07-31-2008, 10:25 AM.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Unfortunately this stuff will keep popping up. I don't personally care for Obama as he has treated some friends with incredible bad manners. I find him to be less than a person and mostly a politician, and for that reason will not vote for him. It's not that I'd want to have a beer with him (I would, actually, but that's because I enjoy the occasional frosty beverage), but I find his politics of the "what you like to hear" variety. I would prefer a President who can tell me the truth and live by it. I don't know if McCain is that man, but I know for sure that Obama is not.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Yeah, I understand people are skeptical of Obama. And many disagree strongly with his stance on the issues. I welcome all the Obama bashing, as long as its based on the facts and on his policies.
              This kind of crap attacking his character based on rumors is really low-brow, close-minded B.S. though.

Comment

Hey everyone, My name is Carter T. Wilbury and I was in afghanistan when Obama visited and he really is evil! He wore taliban symbols and spit on us soldiers!!! Also he wiped his backside with a baby! Then I saw him shooting heroin in his arm after a speech he gave! Stay away from him, he is the second coming of the devil!
                -See I can write fiction too.

Comment

-Hey everyone, My name is Carter T. Wilbury and I was in afghanistan when Obama visited and he really is evil! He wore taliban symbols and spit on us soldiers!!! Also he wiped his backside with a baby! Then I saw him shooting heroin in his arm after a speech he gave! Stay away from him, he is the second coming of the devil!
                  Hey everyone Look what i just read about Obama on the Internet!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    Hey everyone Look what i just read about Obama on the Internet!!!!!!!

Oh man, this will be on drudge report in less than an hour
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

HEY DUNBAR... this isnt like saying de*^% makes a crappy faucet is it? I dont think i want obama coming after me. he might sue me, McCain though he'd kick my a$$

Comment

I'm gonna get back on my original frame of thought.
                        Obama might be the best leader this country could ever have, he might be able to alter the course of history for the better, he might be the second coming.
                        Not much on his track record shows it...McCains record is unbeleivable.
                        Period, the man is a hero.

This isn't a real grand time to roll the dice on a young fella who looks promising...not with everything thats going on with world events, terrorism and the economy.

I don't dislike Obama, I just like McCain a whole hell of a lot better.

Comment

I APOLOGIZE TO ONE AND ALL
                          I POSTED WHAT SEEMED
                          LIKE GOOD INFORMATION BEFORE CHECKING IT OUT
                          AND GOT BURNED ON IT TWICE WHICH IS MY OWN FAULT,
                          I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD SOURCE BUT OBVIOUSLY
                          WAS NOT

SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED
                          JERRYMAC
                          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                            I APOLOGIZE TO ONE AND ALL
                            I POSTED WHAT SEEMED
                            LIKE GOOD INFORMATION BEFORE CHECKING IT OUT
                            AND GOT BURNED ON IT TWICE WHICH IS MY OWN FAULT,
                            I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD SOURCE BUT OBVIOUSLY
                            WAS NOT

SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED
                            Takes a big person to admit they made a mistake, I know from practice. No harm done in my opinion. These sorts of things will probably keep happening throughout the campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Oh man, this will be on drudge report in less than an hour
                              I have already forwarded it to everyone in my address book like it says to do. I never question when it says to forward right away to everyone you know.

It was on the internet so it must be true or Al Gore would have removed it right?
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X