X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grouting backsplash

I placed tiles as a backsplash to a wooden vanity.

My question is, would I grout the tile that is directly between the wooden vanity top and the first row of tiles? (ie. look at the att. picture, I am wondering if I grout right above the blue tape on the vanity). If I did, this would mean grout would be in direct contact with the vanity...is this a problem? I would seal it later.
    Attached Files

Re: grouting backsplash

don't grout the bottom row against the sink as the movement of the counter top wood and the grout drying out will make it crack. Use a flexible mold proof silicone instead.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info...

I'll caulk it with a silicone (with a little color)

Comment

Do both, grouting and 100% mold resistance silicone....

This why a person who does this buys grout and silicone in matching colors, Yep..... Inside corners going up should be silicone too......
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Unsure exactly what you mean...

Do I grout it first (like usual) and then (2nd) put a layer of silicone over it?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPeterPeter View Post
            Unsure exactly what you mean...

Do I grout it first (like usual) and then (2nd) put a layer of silicone over it?
            Yes
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
            X