X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Warning - Please Read

Everyone, please do NOT post anything personal about yourself or anyone else on the forum. This place is open door and thousands can see the posts on here. Would you go to a high power radio station and ask them to broadcast your full legal name, home phone and address where you live? NO WAY ... The same needs to apply to all open door forums.

I won't go into why I posted this, but please do remember that thousands of people visit this forum all the time.

Re: Security Warning - Please Read

So, are you saying that all those who PM'd Josh with their personal info for that free T are going to be sorry? Maybe it's a good thing I didn't qualify for one.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      So, are you saying that all those who PM'd Josh with their personal info for that free T are going to be sorry? Maybe it's a good thing I didn't qualify for one.
      Oh, you'll get one. You better get one, if you don't I'll send ya mine...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Not PMs but the forum. Out where even visitors can see it.

I have seen on this forum where some people have posted to the forum far too much info. People do it on other forums too.

Comment

I was the equivalence to a moderator for a major IP's chat division.
          They taught us that offering personal info like name or address can be a way for predators to get to you, add your vacation date or weekend getaway to that info and your home could be raided while your gone.

I think the only way someone can get into your credit is with your SS or accounts info.

Think of all the DBA businesses that list their addresses.

Comment

old grunter,

remember how the unibomber got caught

he published his manifesto

remember, it didn't take long to figure this out woussko

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I have no problem with anyone trying to raid my home. There's a 110 lb german shepard with a nasty disposition waiting on the other side of the door and he's always hungry
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                I have no problem with anyone trying to raid my home. There's a 110 lb german shepard with a nasty disposition waiting on the other side of the door and he's always hungry
                Maybe if you fed him, he wouldn't have such a nasty disposition.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  I've got a ten pound bichon who would just love you to death, but then I'm always here and I more than make up for the little dog.

Comment

I`ve got two Cairn terriers and they will lick you to death but all jokes aside what is the point of a forum if we don`t exchange our veiws if being personal or not.

Tony

Comment

I don't think everyone understands my reason for starting this thread in the first place so I hope this helps. On this forum there are several members that have actually posted their full name, home address, phone number and more. Now please think about this. Would you really want everyone on here to have that info?

Comment

On one of the other woodworking forums, everybody uses a full name. No INTERNET "handles". I have never looked at their rules, so I don't know why but there it is. As you can probably tell, I have never worried about it. Too late now anyway!!.
                        Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I've got a ten pound bichon who would just love you to death, but then I'm always here and I more than make up for the little dog.
                          it isnt really a dog if you have to use ounces to tell someone how big it is.... I am with NHmaster I have 2 LARGE Shepards of my own

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
                            I don't think everyone understands my reason for starting this thread in the first place so I hope this helps. On this forum there are several members that have actually posted their full name, home address, phone number and more. Now please think about this. Would you really want everyone on here to have that info?
                            O.G you are right , only if the administrator of the web sit requires my full name to log on will i give that out to be seen . I may give my yahoo email , as far as protection and they do show up , i keep a pet alligator , and so far I haven't seen anyone or remains of anyone just kidding . Thanks for the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
                              Not only in here are they doing this, but they are doing this in a phone book too for even more people to see......
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X