X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horses Suck

That was close one.I was worried your daughter might have been injured in a way that may have majorly affected her physically for the rest of her life.

Comment

Update, well she's been in traction for about 30 hrs or so now and we just got the x ray's back. Looks like it's working super. The pelvic bone has pulled around to where it's supposed to be an it's lined up with the other end so the Doc says no operation and he expects everything to mend well, though we're still looking at at least 2 weeks in hospital. But thank god it could have been a whole lot worse. Thanks to all of you for your prayers.
      sigpic

Comment

Great news, thank god that kids can bounce back to a healthy life. Us older ones would be in for a lot rougher ride.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

NH

That's great news. I will keep her and your family in my prayers here. I sure hope over time she fully recovers and isn't in too much pain.

Comment

great news nh, thanks for the update, heres to a speedy and complete recovery. greg

Comment

Glad everything worked out okay.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your daughters injury but glad to see from your update the her recovery so far is going well. We wish her a speedy and full recovery.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the update, Greg. Glad to hear things are mending well. Sounds like she's quite the trooper! We'll keep her in our prayers for a while yet though.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

It's a great thing when you can breathe a sigh of relief after such a serious accident. Here's hoping all continues well and that this will be the worst story you ever have to tell! Now what about that horse?

Comment

NH,
                      Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery!! I too, dislike the horse. Get her interested in the Stinson. Safer, and more fun too!!
                      Steve.

Comment

sorry to hear that. Hope she has a full recovery.

Comment

She is doing much better. May go home thursday but still in traction for another two weeks then re-hab.
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad to read that she is better now. This will take time and be frustrating for her and all of you.

Comment

A woman I dated years ago had a cousin's family who lost a daughter to a horse.

Saddle loosened up and she went under, hooked to the saddle when the horse jumped up, came back down and snapped her neck, killed her instantly.

At the fair I attended all this week, I probably witnessed over 100 horses in all kinds of events. Kentucky is famous for the love of horses and everything associated with them.

I kinda wish I took video of last night's event. The setting for these events are surreal given this one fair hosts one of the more famous events.

They purposely built a circled covered stadium from old wood, old lights. They have a small out building in the center of the track with a guy playing melodies on an organ.

Then, they have the horse riders wearing attire that certainly puts the event back in time with the long coats and special jockey apparel.

Not that I'm a horse fan but I did find the event rather remarkable for the way it played out.

You would think there would of been injuries but there were none that I was aware of.

Is she going to get back on and still ride?
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Working...
                                X