Horses Suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horses Suck

Hey guys. Won't be on much the next two or three weeks because my 11 year old daughter fell off her horse and shattered her pelvis and collar bone. Looks like she's gonna be in traction for at least two weeks at maine Medical, so that's where we'll be calling home for a bit.
    sigpic

Re: Horses Suck

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Hey guys. Won't be on much the next two or three weeks because my 11 year old daughter fell off her horse and shattered her pelvis and collar bone. Looks like she's gonna be in traction for at least two weeks at maine Medical, so that's where we'll be calling home for a bit.
    I wish her all the best and a fast recovery.

Comment

Man, so sorry. Hope she has a full recovery.

J.C.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. You guys will be in my prayers.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she has a speedy recovery. You have to buy her some special toys to play with to keep her busy.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Sorry to hear this but I'm sure she'll come out alright.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

so sorry the accident happened,
              I hope she recovers rapidly,
              and am sorry she got so broke up, I will pray for her and your family.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I'm Sorry.

Comment

Sorry to hear about her accident. Even more sorry to hear that y'all will be enjoying hospital food for a bit...good luck! I hope she recovers quickly and you can all get back home soon.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

steve, sorry to hear about your daughter.

give her all our love

keep in touch, you have a huge family here

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your girl. I hope you both are back in action soon.

Eli
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Hope she has a speedy recovery....

My youngest son rides too, also 11. We have two horses and soon to get rid of one. My son almost took a spill tonight too, but managed to regain himself. He has been kicked in the eye before by our youngest horse, I think he got 12 stitches and he still rides.

Horses are fun, but they can be very dangerous. Even superman found this out... And I'm not being funny there....

Are you going to let her ride again????
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Comment

Dang.... Sorry to hear that!
                            Hopes, Wishes, and Prayers for a painless speedy recovery!

Let me guess...she's worried about the horse, I'm I right?

Dave.

Comment

Thanks guys. Pretty well settled in at the hospital. Its a Peidiactric icu so there beds and showers and stuff right in the room including this nifty laptop with wyfi. She had a crappy afternoon but woke up around 10:00 pm feeling great, ate, played video games, fiddled on this thing for awhile and seems like her old self. They have her flat on her back with 20 lbs yanking on her leg to get her pelvic bones cranked back around to where they should be and as soon as they did that she said the pain got much better? Good thing I don't have to be back to work untill the 27th though I like to take this month to tweak things in the classroom and lab. Oh well I guess the students can do it for a change.
                              I've been telling her for the past two years that I hate horses and how everyone that has them, rides them or hangs around them is going to get hurt sooner or later. But I guess she had to find that out for herself. Thank god she came out of it as well as she did. If the horse had landed just a few inches higher, it probably would have killed her. My bad luck, good luck theory. Between this abnd my by-pass surgery this year my insurance company must just love me. I think were at the 1/2 a mil mark about now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X