Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russia / Georgian conflict

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Gentlemen, this is a show of force for the re consolidation of the soviet union.Putin is and shall always be KGB. Now that they have petroleum money, the old Stalinist ways are returning. Only a strong response to back our ally Georgia, with troops, will deter Putin.
    If you are looking for "blood for oil" this is it! Not by the US but by Russia.
    Mike
    This is why I think the US should push for fast tracking the Ukraine's application into NATO.

Comment

And where's Obama in all this?

Is he capable of showing direction in the representation of our country in times like these, or consider it a cowl-down and say here, will money make this go away?

I just haven't heard anything on his stance, yet. Enlighten me by linking me please.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        And where's Obama in all this?

Is he capable of showing direction in the representation of our country in times like these, or consider it a cowl-down and say here, will money make this go away?

I just haven't heard anything on his stance, yet. Enlighten me by linking me please.
        I believe he is on vacation in Hawaii right now. Perhaps he turned his cell phone off.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Maybe he's like me and doesn't have cable & is on dialup. Takes awhile for that page to load. Did you know the olympics has started? I just found out.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Maybe he's like me and doesn't have cable & is on dialup. Takes awhile for that page to load. Did you know the olympics has started? I just found out.

J.C.
            You made me laugh but the truth is those of us who have all of that forget what the World was like before we had it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Heard all about this...apparently George W sent peace-keeping troops to Atlanta in his confusion...
              There seems to be a lot of confusion.

http://www.cynical-c.com/?p=11216#comments

Comment

you guys are funny. as much as i dislike bush, i have to agree, im really scared of obama. he wants to be president so bad he will change his mind or say anything to get elected. i better be quiet now lol

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                  There seems to be a lot of confusion.

http://www.cynical-c.com/?p=11216#comments
                  The typo's gave it away...someone yanking chains...still pretty funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    The typo's gave it away...someone yanking chains...still pretty funny though.
                    What typos?

Mark

Comment

i paid good money to have a nice computer that types letters in there that i dont want!

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                        you guys are funny. as much as i dislike bush, i have to agree, im really scared of obama. he wants to be president so bad he will change his mind or say anything to get elected. i better be quiet now lol
                        Early on I considered voting for Obama because I did not like some of McCain's positions on certain issues, but after watching how both these candidates responded to this conflict McCain clearly had the presence of a world leader. I was happy to see sadaam overthrown by the USA, and nothing would make me happier or more proud of President Bush than to see him back down the russians! Do you guys think russian troops will attack our troops ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Early on I considered voting for Obama because I did not like some of McCain's positions on certain issues, but after watching how both these candidates responded to this conflict McCain clearly had the presence of a world leader. I was happy to see sadaam overthrown by the USA, and nothing would make me happier or more proud of President Bush than to see him back down the russians! Do you guys think russian troops will attack our troops ?
                          I hope not and I really hope we aren't in a position to find out. That is why I think we should push for Ukrainian NATO membership. Russia has basically slapped Georgia around (one could argue the Georgians kind of poked Russian in the eye); and is reasserting control over them. I think it wouldn't be wise to clearly take sides here, but if we enter into an alliance like NATO it would draw a line in the sand (snow?) indicating to Moscow that there would be serious consequences to attacking their Western-friendly neighbor and attempting to reassert influence.

At least when our only enemy was the Russians the world was a very predictable place, because we studied them and they studied us. We each knew with a good degree of confidence how the othe would respond in most situations.

Comment

Didn't Barack tell them to stop fighting pretty please? We're all one big global society right fellas? Can't we all just get along?

Anyone remember Neville Chamberlain?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              Didn't Barack tell them to stop fighting pretty please? We're all one big global society right fellas? Can't we all just get along?

Anyone remember Neville Chamberlain?
                              My understanding is Obama has agreed to give Russia the entire South (excluding Florida) if their citizens vote for him.

Mark

Comment

this is funny, id criticise obama, but mccain dont look much better. it seems that weve really run out of great candidates to choose from!

Comment

Working...
                                X