Russia / Georgian conflict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russia / Georgian conflict

i cannot stomach obama, i know mccain has done a lot of flip flops but he does seem to have a better sense of where we should be heading in our country. i am an independant. its evident mccain is intelligent,whetther you like what he says or not. i just hope we never elect another person the party says is smart when he cant put together a full sentence! our present president has been the worst on the economy since and maybe even including hoover! why does our political system consist of left wing loons and right wing idiots??????????

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
      i cannot stomach obama, i know mccain has done a lot of flip flops but he does seem to have a better sense of where we should be heading in our country. i am an independant. its evident mccain is intelligent,whetther you like what he says or not. i just hope we never elect another person the party says is smart when he cant put together a full sentence! our present president has been the worst on the economy since and maybe even including hoover! why does our political system consist of left wing loons and right wing idiots??????????
      It is evident that you have been spraying chemicals for far too long.

I am not a huge G.W. Bush fan but to call the man stupid for the way he talks is like calling someone ignorant because they dont type correctly, i.e. they don't capitalize new sentences, spell incorrectly or don't use apostraphe's where appropriate. See red highlights above.

McCain = Win the war
      Obama = Surrender/retreat today will change tommorow

McCain = Drill in Anwr & create 40 nuke power plants
      Obama = Fill your tires and tune your car

McCain = Tax cuts to stimulate the economy, extend the Bush tax cuts
      Obama = impose windfall profit taxes, which will no doubtedly be passed on to you and me. Let the Bush tax cuts expire which will automatically increase income tax burdeons by at least $1,500.

McCain = A tortured P.O.W. war hero who wouldn't leave his fellow soldiers when he was allowed to leave. He and his wife have 2 children currently serving in Iraq.
      Obama= Sat in a racist church for over 20 years, has a wife who hasn't been proud of this country in her adulthood. Who also stated "America in 2008 is a downright mean country".

Obama is for partial birth abortions. If you dont know what that means, please look it up on the internet.

Obama is for wealth distribution, he wants to tax the people that work hard for their money and give it to others in forms of social programs.

Obama said he wants to invade Pakistan.

Refers to his grandmother as "a typical white person" WTF???? Imagine if McCain said the opposite?

I can go on and on but it doesn't even matter anymore.

Last edited by Masterplumb; 08-14-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

i wish we would try to take care of the us and not worry about russia or georgia or irac. but since dubya has no clue how to manage the economy or energy crisis or the price of oil, i guess he is gonna try and be rambo again andd get into something else he cant handle.
        Levon
        I'm no fan of this president, but no president runs our economy. We run it. If you have confidence enough to buy things other than food or gas then our economy will grow.
        As for the rest of your post, no disrespect but, diplomacy with out the will to back it up is nothing but talk. Russia is annexing Georgia, maybe not all of it, but all the parts Russia wants. Russia does not believe in the theory of fossil fuel like we do. They believe that petrolium is made from heat and pressure exerted on natural hydrocarbons with trace biologicals. Too much heat/pressure, you get natural gas. Too little and you get coal. Thier goal is communism funded by oil.( See Hugo Chavez)

Mike
        Yes its that simple

Comment

Masterplumb

i agree with everything you just said including my lousy typing. i am sure i will vote for mccain, but just because im no great typist or a member of either party, i still have a right to voice an opinion and im glad for that. i dont let other people's opinions make me that upset as to impose my opinion on them and say they are completely wrong. i may be wrong, but isnt this the great thing about living in a free country! i can have an opinion. i am sorry if i upset you. i will try and keep off politics in the future. i truly am new and dont need any enemies on this forum.

Comment

Masterplumb

i agree with everything you just said including my lousy typing. i am sure i will vote for mccain, but just because im no great typist or a member of either party, i still have a right to voice an opinion and im glad for that. i dont let other people's opinions make me that upset as to impose my opinion on them and say they are completely wrong. i may be wrong, but isnt this the great thing about living in a free country! i can have an opinion. i am sorry if i upset you. i will try and keep off politics in the future. i truly am new and dont need any enemies on this forum.
            Thats my point. You basically called Bush a dummy because of how he talks, I actually said that is like calling someone ignorant because of their typing, I agree it's a dumb thing to say.

You did NOT upset me, as I hope you will stick around and see that politics gets pretty heated here and it's not for the weak hearted. You are not anyones enemy because of political affiliation or lack thereof. I am a guest here as are you. It is a free country and you are entitled to your opinion no matter what it is. Welcome.

Comment

I have to admit i went overboard criticising Bush. Thanks for the welcome. Who knows it might have taken longer to talk with you if we hadnt had this political discussion. You have a great night!

Comment

Masterplumb,

Your choice of avatars have caused me some problems. First you grossed my wife out with that buck tooth guy and now you have Team hater on there. Please change it! Please, I beg you.

I really don't understand all that is going on with Russia and Georgia. I am really hoping that the cold war mindset does not escalate. I already know where I am putting my bomb shelter.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                  Masterplumb,

Your choice of avatars have caused me some problems. First you grossed my wife out with that buck tooth guy and now you have Team hater on there. Please change it! Please, I beg you.

I really don't understand all that is going on with Russia and Georgia. I am really hoping that the cold war mindset does not escalate. I already know where I am putting my bomb shelter.

I will soon change it for you daniel-san as I dont want you to steal my peach.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post

I am not a huge G.W. Bush fan but to call the man stupid for the way he talks is like calling someone ignorant because they dont type correctly, i.e. they don't capitalize new sentences, spell incorrectly or don't use apostraphe's where appropriate. See red highlights above.

McCain = Win the war

Obama = impose windfall profit taxes, which will no doubtedly be passed on to you and me. Let the Bush tax cuts expire which will automatically increase income tax burdeons by at least $1,500.

McCain = A tortured P.O.W. war hero who wouldn't leave his fellow soldiers when he was allowed to leave. He and his wife have 2 children currently serving in Iraq.
                    Obama= Sat in a racist church for over 20 years, has a wife who hasn't been proud of this country in her adulthood. Who also stated "America in 2008 is a downright mean country".

Obama is for partial birth abortions. If you dont know what that means, please look it up on the internet.

Obama is for wealth distribution, he wants to tax the people that work hard for their money and give it to others in forms of social programs.

Refers to his grandmother as "a typical white person" WTF???? Imagine if McCain said the opposite?

As usual masterplumb brings an extremely fair, balanced, impartial perspective of the presidential race...
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

McCain = Win the war

Are you really equating posting on a tool forum with being the president?

Thing is, you are right about a lot of the Obama stuff, but a lot of it is pretty hilarious in a real political discussion. In a lot of cases Obama did flip flop based on public opinion, and I don't agree with many of his new stances. I can say that I hope anyone who is going to do something as important as McCain and Obama are trying to do should be allowed, willing and able to change their mind based on learning more about a subject. There are many factors in these issues for someone who really has to make decisions to consider. For them to know in time for pre-election press conferences what needs to be done and never waiver from that decision is unreasonable at best and dangerous at worst. I don't have the time or patience to show you all the places McCain "flip flopped" (anwar), made stupid and useless suggestions to the fuel issue (gas tax holiday) etc. Both of these guys are tools.

You are as funny as the libs who got all upset about the "bomb Iran" song McCain sang. Obama hates his own gramma cuz she's white? McCain wants our next four generations to fight 'n die in Iraq??

Trying to talk sense and facts with extremest reactionaries from either side who are willing to suspend reality in favor of the gotcha is tiring. rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I guess we'll all go down together.

In the meantime, remember how the US beat the USSR in the cold war? Bankrupted 'em and watched them get in a long lasting and expensive war in Afghanistan. No shots fired by us. We are primed for that same fate by China any time they want. And what do China, owners of our economic fate--yes thank in HUGE part to the non-tax and borrow republicans--have in common with the USSR? Oh yeah! They are both gigantic communist and oppressive empires.

But hey, which candidate has got a better wife?

Seriously, Most of the reasons you listed for picking one candidate over another, in this case McCain over Obama are perfectly good and reasonable. I may not agree with them, but I can't do anything but respect your view on the subject. Why the need to sully that with nonsense? "Said he wants to invade Pakistan"? I don't see the point.

Eli
                      Last edited by woodenstickers; 08-15-2008, 05:40 PM.
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                        Seriously, Most of the reasons you listed for picking one candidate over another, in this case McCain over Obama are perfectly good and reasonable. I may not agree with them, but I can't do anything but respect your view on the subject. Why the need to sully that with nonsense? "Said he wants to invade Pakistan"? I don't see the point.

Eli
                        Because spewing propaganda is more fun than simply stating the facts. Even if it does come off as ignorant.
                        I agree with you though, I can't take anyone seriously when they start in with such a prejudiced, narrow stance.
                        Last edited by Service Guy; 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

See here is what I am talking about too. You have to reach pretty hard to really be offended by this. His grandmother IS white, so the analogy would not be if McCain said the opposite, the analogy would be him saying the exact same thing. If McCain called his Grandma a typical white person in the context of explaining his background and who he is in relation to the country it wouldn't hurt anyones feelings.

Again, I think you are playing the same game you denounce by doing this. Maybe fighting fire with fire is your secret plan, and you are trying to point out how ridiculous PC police have gotten by being just as silly and acting offended as a satire. But if so it is over my head. To me you are playing the same PC card as the people who scream discrimination or campaign to get people fired for "insensitivity" or sue at the drop of a hat. I don't respect that tactic. It's opportunistic, it's weak and it's hurting discourse and this country.

And before you tell me to go back to Canada if I don't like it, honestly one of the reasons I like it here better is because Canada is even more PC and Europe even more than Canada. The US is headed that way too, but fast.

Eli
                          Last edited by woodenstickers; 08-15-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Alright, back on the actual topic.

Latest news. Russia just will not co-operate with the western world. It appears a second cold war era may be dawning.
                            http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/georgia_o...wfcjx01CAwvGUD

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Alright, back on the actual topic.

Latest news. Russia just will not co-operate with the western world. It appears a second cold war era may be dawning.
                              http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/georgia_o...wfcjx01CAwvGUD
                              This subject is too complicated for me to grasp. I don't know much about the history of that area, and I can't bring myself to trust any media source to really inform me very quickly. I just hope we can make oil obsolete soon so it becomes harder for rouge nations to gain economic power without having to co-operate with everyone else. But I know it is not that simple.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                                See here is what I am talking about too. You have to reach pretty hard to really be offended by this. His grandmother IS white, so the analogy would not be if McCain said the opposite, the analogy would be him saying the exact same thing. If McCain called his Grandma a typical white person in the context of explaining his background and who he is in relation to the country it wouldn't hurt anyones feelings.

Again, I think you are playing the same game you denounce by doing this. Maybe fighting fire with fire is your secret plan, and you are trying to point out how ridiculous PC police have gotten by being just as silly and acting offended as a satire. But if so it is over my head. To me you are playing the same PC card as the people who scream discrimination or campaign to get people fired for "insensitivity" or sue at the drop of a hat. I don't respect that tactic. It's opportunistic, it's weak and it's hurting discourse and this country.

And before you tell me to go back to Canada if I don't like it, honestly one of the reasons I like it here better is because Canada is even more PC and Europe even more than Canada. The US is headed that way too, but fast.

Eli
                                I think it pretty much is a non-issue but you have to admit had McCain said his daughter from Bangladesh "reacted like a typical black girl" it would have been a big deal.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X