X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia / Georgian conflict

Doesn't look good. Hopefully Russia backs off.
    http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...475955,00.html
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Russia / Georgian conflict

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7550354.stm

Comment

The russians have finally withdrawn their forces from attacking Georgia. It looks like this could be the beginning of a new era 'cold war.'

Comment

Are you having fun responding to yourself?

Comment

He's bored...............
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Heard all about this...apparently George W sent peace-keeping troops to Atlanta in his confusion...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Heard all about this...apparently George W sent peace-keeping troops to Atlanta in his confusion...

That just ain't right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

That just ain't right!!!
                Oh, but thats not all...he even considered using some o dat "noocyuler" stuff.

Comment

On a serious note...McCain has taken a very hard stance against Russia in all of this. He is unequivocally supporting our Georgian allies and their bid to join NATO. I think its a smart move for him to show his stance clearly, even if Russia gets upset....screw them.
                  http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080812...conflictmccain

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    On a serious note...McCain has taken a very hard stance against Russia in all of this. He is unequivocally supporting our Georgian allies and their bid to join NATO. I think its a smart move for him to show his stance clearly, even if Russia gets upset....screw them.
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080812...conflictmccain
                    Throughout the years we've always tried to piss Russia off, why stop now?

McCain takes a hard stance on this serious issue and BH Obama is getting a.....er......tan in Hawaii right now?

Comment

i wish we would try to take care of the us and not worry about russia or georgia or irac. but since dubya has no clue how to manage the economy or energy crisis or the price of oil, i guess he is gonna try and be rambo again andd get into something else he cant handle.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                        i wish we would try to take care of the us and not worry about russia or georgia or irac. but since dubya has no clue how to manage the economy or energy crisis or the price of oil, i guess he is gonna try and be rambo again andd get into something else he cant handle.
                        What news have you been watching? They are an ally and we are sending humanitarian aid, do you really believe that is something we can't handle. Thats what friends do, you help out in times of need. I would hate to have to rely on you in a time of need.

In case you haven't heard we ARE winning the war in Iraq, well maybe you havent heard as the liberal media doesn't report on it since the surge has paid big dividends. Al-Sadr and his Mahdi Army have laid down their arms as well, Iraq is in charge of all but 2 provinces, they have told us they are ready to have us leave, so I guess we did something right.

Comment

from the news i was watchiing today bushy sounded like he was sabrerattling again. i think our military has done a great job in irac, i have relatives in the service. i also know if we leave iraq now or 100 years from now, the moment we leave, the fighting will start again. i worry about these groups like alqueda, i know they have beem reduced, but not sure how we can ever change that mindset.

Comment

Gentlemen, this is a show of force for the re consolidation of the soviet union.Putin is and shall always be KGB. Now that they have petroleum money, the old Stalinist ways are returning. Only a strong response to back our ally Georgia, with troops, will deter Putin.
                            If you are looking for "blood for oil" this is it! Not by the US but by Russia.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                              from the news i was watchiing today bushy sounded like he was sabrerattling again. i think our military has done a great job in irac, i have relatives in the service. i also know if we leave iraq now or 100 years from now, the moment we leave, the fighting will start again. i worry about these groups like alqueda, i know they have beem reduced, but not sure how we can ever change that mindset.
                              I doubt the fighting will ever end as it is so much a part of their history. However, I would like to see a democratic government in place rather than Sharia Law. The stronger the current Iraqi government gets the strong the possibility Sharia Law will not take over. The better life is for the citizens the less likely they will support the insurgents.

Some here are aware my son Jaysen adopted a school in Iraq while stationed there. We sent a ton of things over to help him out. Acts like this whether they be by an individual or a government will show the locals we are sincere in improving their well being.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X