Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Goes On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGc9comHypk
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Beat Goes On

Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Not much in life really changes does it?
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Confused???? Why should you be??? Either enjoy the video or don't, thats all...

I haven't heard this song in 35 yrs or so until earlier this week, and I'm hooked on playing this video everyday now. Yet I grew up w/ Van Halen, Judas Priest, Kiss, Pat Benatar.UFO, Head East, Areosmith, Tommy Bolen, Ozie, and a heck of a lot more bands like those.

So why the hell am I listening to Sonny and Cher now????

I think I need a reality check....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Its a good song, just a really weird post for a thread. But I like weird. SO its cool with me.

Comment

Well then add another video that you like in here, yes weird is good.... Anybody add a video that you like in here.....

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
              Well then add another video that you like in here, yes weird is good.... Anybody add a video that you like in here.....
              NOOOO!!!!
              You've just opened the door for Rick to flood the thread with his roundup scenes.
              Modify please.

Comment

Mark, as a kid we grew up with Sonny & Cher show, Donny & Marie ...I remember it well.

Then as a teen I too listend to Priest, VH, Aerosmithj.

Now I like stuff like Godsmack, Drowning Pool or Disturbed...no rap (ew)....but depending on mood I'll even jump into jazz...not that easy listening stuff...the ragged around the edge...Fusion type jazz.

I do admit to putting trance, techno or ambient music on my internet radio to relax though.
                Last edited by DuckButter; 08-09-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  Mark, as a kid we grew up with Sonny & Cher show, Donny & Marie, & Vinny Vincent...I remember it well.

Now I like stuff like Godsmack, Drowning Pool or Disturbed...no rap (ew)....but depending on mood I'll even jump into jazz...not that easy listening stuff...the ragged around the edge...Fusion type jazz.

I do admit to putting trance, techno or ambient music on my internet radio to relax though.
                  Wow DuckButt, that is an eclectic musical taste!

I like Jazz standards and oldies from way back. I was very into rap in HS, but can't believe what passes for rap these days. Paul Simon, Beatles, The Doors--stuff I heard as I first became aware enough to form memories-I recently started looking up that stuff again. Brings back old feelings--Cat Stevens too, although these days he is Mohamed Islam

Eli
                  A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                    Wow DuckButt, that is an eclectic musical taste!

I like Jazz standards and oldies from way back. I was very into rap in HS, but can't believe what passes for rap these days. Paul Simon, Beatles, The Doors--stuff I heard as I first became aware enough to form memories-I recently started looking up that stuff again. Brings back old feelings--Cat Stevens too, although these days he is Mohamed Islam

Eli
                    Well, thank you very much Woodstick!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Mark, as a kid we grew up with Sonny & Cher show, Donny & Marie ...I remember it well.

Metal, classic rock, fusion jazz and techno all in the same breath! I swear we are twins Mark, you are the first person I know who likes all that stuff besides myself!

Comment

we always had music playing at my house. anything from classical, big band, country, free form jazz (gotta love T. Monk), straight jazz, early R&R, calypso, steel pan (dad flew for SAC stationed in Puerto Rico), comedy (Sophie Tucker & Shelly Berman, etc), and Polynesian/Hawaiian (Martin Denny). there might be 3 or 4 different styles on the turntable at any one time.

as far as (c)rap goes, i used to like some of the Dub stuff out of Jamaica (pre rap where DJs would do their poetry over tracks that were being played. check out LKJ (Linton Kwesie Johnson (sp?) ), Yellowman or Mutabarukka. mid '80s to early '90s for the most part.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duckbutter View Post
                          well, thank you very much woodstick!
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

When it comes to music listen to what you like and what helps you feel good. Big deal what it happens to be. Just please no angry *&^% (*&^ *&*()(^ noise like I hear far too much of today.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                              ree form jazz (gotta love T. Monk),
                              Thellonious (?sp) Monk!!! Gotta love that. I listen to anything and everything. Raging hard rock, new age, country, even some rap. For some reason I've found myself listening to Eminem. I just think it's funny. He's like a comedy show for adults only. Music is for the soul...sometimes you need something different. As one of our Berryville musicians is fond of saying..."It's all good!"

I remember Sonny and Cher on TV. That's some fond memories there. When there was 1 tv in the house and we'd all gather as a family to watch what Mom and Dad said we should watch. You had to actually get up and change the channel, but you'd never make it in time before Mom put you back in your place! The Smothers Brothers had some good shows, too. Ah...the 60's and 70's TV shows! We didn't know how good we had it then.
                              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X